Street racing soars after 'defund police' movement slashes traffic patrols across US

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
I was gonna put this in "The Garage' sub forum, just because the article really only interested me in the sense that these little bastards in their rice burners are screwing up my short night time cruising sessions. I find them relaxing.

But then I figured it really is a problem, observably. These kids don't really have any money, their cars don't really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims, obnoxious bass vibrating the screws out of their threads and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like they're farting while they're putting down the road.

Problem is they think they're fast and furious all a sudden. It's like they're role playing and whatnot. But they're not even experienced either.

Can't count how many times one of em weaves through traffic behind me just to get up next to me if I'm at a red light, wanting to race. Pft. As if...

Very dangerous. And a bad element.

Anyway. Reports indicate that it's a growing issue, rather than just something I've noticed locally myself.

The po po isn't doing much to intervene. Or so they're saying.

Last edited:
I was gonna put this in "The Garage' sub forum, just because the article really only interested me in the sense that these little bastards in their rice burners are screwing up my short night time cruising sessions. I find them relaxing.

But then I figured it really is a problem. These kids don't really have any money, they don'their cars really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like thy'e farting driving down the road.

Problem is they think they're fast and furious all a sudden. It's like they're role playing and whatnot.

Can't count how many times one of em weaves through traffic behind me just to get up next to me if I'm at a red light, wanting to race. Pft. As if...

Very dangerous.

Anyway. Reports indicate that it's a growing issue, rather than just somethign I've noticed locally myself.

The po po isnlt doing much to intervene. Or so they're saying.

Correlation is not causation. Even assuming it’s not faux news BS

But then I figured it really is a problem, observably. These kids don't really have any money, their cars really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims, obnoxious bass vibrating the screws out of their threads and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like thy'e farting while driving down the road.

Problem is they think they're fast and furious all a sudden. It's like they're role playing and whatnot. But they;re not even experienced either.

Very dangerous.

Anyway. Reports indicate that it's a growing issue, rather than just somethign I've noticed locally myself.

The thread premise is a lie and fails as a post hoc fallacy.

But then I figured it really is a problem, observably. These kids don't really have any money, their cars really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims, obnoxious bass vibrating the screws out of their threads and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like thy'e farting while driving down the road.

Problem is they think they're fast and furious all a sudden. It's like they're role playing and whatnot. But they're not even experienced either.

Very dangerous.

Anyway. Reports indicate that it's a growing issue, rather than just something I've noticed locally myself.

Sounds like CO is going in the right direction with taking their toys away for a while..until they can play nice and act like they have a bit of sense. Locally, we've always had a lot of motorcycles. My state has a helmet law for the 18 and under crowd. There are not very many adults riding without helmets nowadays, but you still see them on occasion. Years ago a bordering state had many bikers cross the state line to ride without one, but that state has gone the way of 18 and under as well. Helmets save lives. I saw a teenager last week weaving in and out of traffic, driving near the center line he decided he still wasn't getting any where and zoomed between two cars using the middle line as a "lane". No cop around, but I won't say he was lucky since a ticket or two might be what he needs.

I'll have to save your thought for the next time I see you popping off in a mask thread, jillian.

Thanks!

You're swell!
1628626364344.png

Sounds like CO is going in the right direction with taking their toys away for a while..until they can play nice and act like they have a bit of sense. Locally, we've always had a lot of motorcycles. My state had a helmet law for 18 and under crowd. There are not very many adults riding without helmets, but you still see them on occasion. Years ago a bordering state had many bikers cross the state line to ride without one, but that state has gone the way of 18 and under as well. Helmets save lives. I saw a teenager last week weaving in and out of traffic, driving near the center line he decided he still wasn't getting any where and zoomed between two cars using the middle line as a "lane". No cop around, but I won't say he was lucky since a ticket or two might be what he needs.

I'm here In Biden's state. (For now anyway)

They're everywhere. It's every day you see a gang of hoodlums weaving in and out of traffic on the atvs and dirt bikes. Major roadways, too.

Standing on the seat while doing wheelies and whatnot.

Every now and again you'll see the cops holding them up at the gas station, but they're still raising hell on the roadways routinely.

And that's not even taking into consideration the hoodlums in their cheap rice burners playing fast and furious at night.

I'm here In Biden's state. (For now anyway)

They're everywhere. It's every day you see a gang of hoodlums weaving in and out of traffic on the atvs and dirt bikes. Major roadways, too.

Standing on the seat while doing wheelies and whatnot.

Every now and again you'll see the cops holding them up at the gas station, but they're still raising hell on the roadways routinely.

And that's not even taking into consideration the hoodlums in their cheap rice burners playing fast and furious at night.
I had a dirt bike as a kid and loved it. On occasion, I'd sneak it out on the backroads...always fearful of seeing a cop but still loved the feel of going on curvy, hilly, country roads. BTW when I say "backroads" you can trust me on that...the risk was getting there on main 2 way road. Nothing feels more freeing than a nice ride, even though a dirt bike lacks comfort I enjoyed it thoroughly...miss those days of youth

Correlation is not causation. Even assuming it’s not faux news BS
Clearly, reducing the police, claiming petty theft is no longer a crime and destroying police budgets do not have an effect on crime. That's the ticket.

I mean, claiming republicans were actually the ones defunding the police did not work so maybe some gaslighting and pretending reality is not actually happening will.

But then I figured it really is a problem, observably. These kids don't really have any money, their cars don't really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims, obnoxious bass vibrating the screws out of their threads and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like thy'e farting while they're putting down the road.

These street racers were a problem long before any de-fund the police movement.

Traffic cops are a stupid idea. We should ban them all. It’s my body. If I want to go fast or through red lights then the government can fuck off. It’s just a tyrannical attempt to control us.

THEY CANT ARREST US ALL! Let’s all just drive fast all the time. - Rand Paul

These street racers were a problem long before any de-fund the police movement.
Yeah. You're right.

But as the article correctly states, the issue is now soaring.

They're getting comfortable. Seems like the whole BLM movement has made them feel like they have a free pass to disrupt civil society routinely, endanger them, and with a feeling of entitlement to do so.

Last edited:
Putting that aside, I go to a lot of cars and coffee meetups. But these are generally true sports cars and old classics. It's an entirely different energy. There's quite a lot more money involved in these cars and the crowd tends to be far more mature. Certainly more responsible in their actions.

The problems seem to be occurring in the more urbanized areas.

I was out the other night and passed a parking lot full of hoodlums doing burnouts in the parking lot. There must have been ten of em doing it while about twenty or thirty other cheap rice burners were parked and polluting the environment with some kind of obnoxious gangster noise. Oh, it was filthy. And this was around 8 o'clock in the evening.

You don't see that kind of nonsense among true car enthusiasts.

Last edited:
This de-fund the police issue started due to police misconduct, occasionally resulting in deaths of unarmed people. So a compromise. Let police have the bloated budgets they are always asking for, and in many cases getting them, so here is an idea..any legal settlements payed to victims of police brutality comes out of their budgets.

But then I figured it really is a problem, observably. These kids don't really have any money, their cars don't really have anything under the hood, and basically they just have a colorful paint job, dumb looking rims, obnoxious bass vibrating the screws out of their threads and those stupid exhaust tips that make them sound like they're farting while they're putting down the road.

Person at work had a relative and his girlfriend killed this way and week or 2 ago down in mpls somebody was rear-ended at over 100mph

Forum List

Back