Strange alien world found to have water vapor and possibly rain clouds

You didn't specify milspec. In which case I agree with you.
Yep. That's why I chose orange. Any Navy electronic tech would see that and know it had to be military grade if band 5 were orange. The "Admiral's" a bum.

I prefer tron flow to hole flow but that's the way I was trained.
Totally. Electron flow is the way things work, conventional flow is mainly for analysis and they say more intuitive, but it never was to me.

So now you out yourself as agreeing with me 100%! You are obviously mentally unstable. STFU and go play with your Fallopian tubes!

Stupid jackass is such an idiot, he highlights a comment made by someone else, then tells me I'm agreeing with him! Dude, you are such an idiot, you remind me of the ranting, raving old fool Arthur Spooner the father on the King of Queens. You don't know your ass from Sunday.

pic_1128086294_8.jpg

If you don't want people to point out what a lying, confused, dumb ass you are, you should learn to keep your fat trap shut while you're still ahead.

Why spend money mining something that will eventually be worthless?
See Mansa Musa and what he did for the world's supply of gold.
You don't seem to grasp how much of these resources are out there, in just NEar Earth Orbits.
The Asteroid Belt is thousands of times more packed with resources.

We will be set for an indefinite period of time, virtually endless resources.

Asteroid mining - Wikipedia
In 1997 it was speculated that a relatively small metallic asteroid with a diameter of 1.6 km (1 mi) contains more than US$20 trillion worth of industrial and precious metals.[11][63] A comparatively small M-type asteroid with a mean diameter of 1 km (0.62 mi) could contain more than two billion metric tons of ironnickel ore,[64] or two to three times the world production of 2004.[65] The asteroid 16 Psyche is believed to contain 1.7×1019 kg of nickel–iron, which could supply the world production requirement for several million years. A small portion of the extracted material would also be precious metals.

Not all mined materials from asteroids would be cost-effective, especially for the potential return of economic amounts of material to Earth. For potential return to Earth, platinum is considered very rare in terrestrial geologic formations and therefore is potentially worth bringing some quantity for terrestrial use. Nickel, on the other hand, is quite abundant and being mined in many terrestrial locations, so the high cost of asteroid mining may not make it economically viable.[66]

Although Planetary Resources indicated in 2012 that the platinum from a 30-meter-long (98 ft) asteroid could be worth US$25–50 billion,[67] an economist remarked any outside source of precious metals could lower prices sufficiently to possibly doom the venture by rapidly increasing the available supply of such metals.[68]

There are over 1200 1km+ diameter asteroids in Near Earth Orbit alone.

Asteroid - Wikipedia

This (asteroid) belt is now estimated to contain between 1.1 and 1.9 million asteroids larger than 1 km (0.6 mi) in diameter,...
Although fewer Jupiter trojans have been discovered (As of 2010), it is thought that they are as numerous as the asteroids in the asteroid belt. Trojans have been found in the orbits of other planets, including Venus, Earth, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune.

So that is somewhere between 3 to 4 MILLION asteroids 1km diameter or larger. About 7% of these, 21,000 to 28,000, are M types and are around $20 TRILLION in value.

You really should work on your reading comprehension because you spent a great deal of time and effort to prove MY point, dumbass!

Yep. That's why I chose orange. Any Navy electronic tech would see that and know it had to be military grade if band 5 were orange. The "Admiral's" a bum.

Totally. Electron flow is the way things work, conventional flow is mainly for analysis and they say more intuitive, but it never was to me.

So now you out yourself as agreeing with me 100%! You are obviously mentally unstable. STFU and go play with your Fallopian tubes!

Stupid jackass is such an idiot, he highlights a comment made by someone else, then tells me I'm agreeing with him! Dude, you are such an idiot, you remind me of the ranting, raving old fool Arthur Spooner the father on the King of Queens. You don't know your ass from Sunday.

View attachment 281447

If you don't want people to point out what a lying, confused, dumb ass you are, you should learn to keep your fat trap shut while you're still ahead.

You are stupid asshole who does not know how to quote if you think that did not come from you! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on! I am not wasting anymore time trying to converse with a liar and and a fucking dumbass!

You don't seem to grasp how much of these resources are out there, in just Near Earth Orbits.

In 1997 it was speculated that a relatively small metallic asteroid with a diameter of 1.6 km (1 mi) contains more than US$20 trillion worth of industrial and precious metals.[11][63] A comparatively small M-type asteroid with a mean diameter of 1 km (0.62 mi) could contain more than two billion metric tons of ironnickel ore,[64] or two to three times the world production of 2004.[65] The asteroid 16 Psyche is believed to contain 1.7×1019 kg of nickel–iron, which could supply the world production requirement for several million years. A small portion of the extracted material would also be precious metals.

Not all mined materials from asteroids would be cost-effective, especially for the potential return of economic amounts of material to Earth. For potential return to Earth, platinum is considered very rare in terrestrial geologic formations and therefore is potentially worth bringing some quantity for terrestrial use. Nickel, on the other hand, is quite abundant and being mined in many terrestrial locations, so the high cost of asteroid mining may not make it economically viable.[66]

Although Planetary Resources indicated in 2012 that the platinum from a 30-meter-long (98 ft) asteroid could be worth US$25–50 billion,[67] an economist remarked any outside source of precious metals could lower prices sufficiently to possibly doom the venture by rapidly increasing the available supply of such metals.[68]

Asteroid - Wikipedia

This (asteroid) belt is now estimated to contain between 1.1 and 1.9 million asteroids larger than 1 km (0.6 mi) in diameter,...
Although fewer Jupiter trojans have been discovered (As of 2010), it is thought that they are as numerous as the asteroids in the asteroid belt. Trojans have been found in the orbits of other planets, including Venus, Earth, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune.

So that is somewhere between 3 to 4 MILLION asteroids 1km diameter or larger. About 7% of these, 21,000 to 28,000, are M types and are around $20 TRILLION in value.

You really should work on your reading comprehension because you spent a great deal of time and effort to prove MY point, dumbass!
Not sure why you felt a need to be so rude, dude, but My point addressed your concern about running out of resources in space or in making these resources valueless on Earth with collapsed commodity markets.

Aluminum used to be a precious metal too, but once we figured out ways of extracting it from some of its compounds it h as dropped hugely in value, but it is still a valued commodity at lower prices.

So how about getting into a better mood, dude and replying then?

You don't seem to grasp how much of these resources are out there, in just Near Earth Orbits.

Asteroid - Wikipedia

Not sure why you felt a need to be so rude, dude, but My point addressed your concern about running out of resources in space or in making these resources valueless on Earth with collapsed commodity markets.

Aluminum used to be a precious metal too, but once we figured out ways of extracting it from some of its compounds it h as dropped hugely in value, but it is still a valued commodity at lower prices.

So how about getting into a better mood, dude and replying then?

I never said anything about out of resources in space. I am rude because you are putting words in my mouth that I did not say! There is no bigger asshole than that!

Do I need to go back and highlight every point in the text which proves they will make these resources valueless on Earth? I suggest you reread your links, especially the very last part before you chimed in about my mood! If you still don't understand, find a child about 10 years old to read it to you!

Please tell me how we can see a planet circling a far away sun that looks like a dot and say there is life, clouds, water, atmosphere and the rest and we have spent tens of billions of dollars on robot spacecraft landing and circling with advanced cameras, advanced detectors of anything possible and telescopes on earth also looking at mars and have not found a molecule of life? We change the tests for it on every mission and the results are still the same.

For starters, because there is no life on Mars. We can do the other things you mentioned because we can analyze the light spectral patters those exoplanets emit much like a finger print. Certain gases in those atmospheres produce certain changes in the light we detect emanating from them. That’s how we make those determinations.

In other words, it is based on a theory that has not been proven. Light traveling for millions of years could be affected by any number of sources across that distance. Call me skeptical.

Well actually it has been proven & is a very common technique. The data isn’t just taken from the visible part of the light spectrum either...

How to Measure Exoplanet Light – Exoplanet Exploration: Planets Beyond our Solar System

Scientists have no idea how that light is affected by travel across trillions of miles of deep space either!

Sure they do since light is measured on the spectrum. It’s just photons.

Please tell me how we can see a planet circling a far away sun that looks like a dot and say there is life, clouds, water, atmosphere and the rest and we have spent tens of billions of dollars on robot spacecraft landing and circling with advanced cameras, advanced detectors of anything possible and telescopes on earth also looking at mars and have not found a molecule of life? We change the tests for it on every mission and the results are still the same.

For starters, because there is no life on Mars. We can do the other things you mentioned because we can analyze the light spectral patters those exoplanets emit much like a finger print. Certain gases in those atmospheres produce certain changes in the light we detect emanating from them. That’s how we make those determinations.

In other words, it is based on a theory that has not been proven. Light traveling for millions of years could be affected by any number of sources across that distance. Call me skeptical.

Well actually it has been proven & is a very common technique. The data isn’t just taken from the visible part of the light spectrum either...

How to Measure Exoplanet Light – Exoplanet Exploration: Planets Beyond our Solar System

Scientists have no idea how that light is affected by travel across trillions of miles of deep space either!

Seriously? Photons are not affected by refraction or diffusion?

In a prism perhaps but this process is well understood. That’s why we have telescopes in space...to mitigate against atmospheric conditions.

In a prism perhaps but this process is well understood. That’s why we have telescopes in space...to mitigate against atmospheric conditions.

You still don't understand the incredible unknown number of effects that could impact this light in deep space.

View attachment 281447

You are stupid asshole who does not know how to quote if you think that did not come from you! Fuck you and the horse you rode in on! I am not wasting anymore time trying to converse with a liar and and a fucking dumbass!

PROVE it came from me, shithead! That is all it takes. Post the original post where I said that. Just ONCE in your life, back up ONE THING you ever claim or brag about with EVIDENCE. Better yet, BET ME MONEY that came from me! How much you willing to put up, $100.00? Put up or shut up, Seaman Recruit Tory!

PROVE it came from me, shithead! That is all it takes. Post the original post where I said that. Just ONCE in your life, back up ONE THING you ever claim or brag about with EVIDENCE. Better yet, BET ME MONEY that came from me! How much you willing to put up, $100.00? Put up or shut up, Seaman Recruit Tory!
The good Admiral is better on ignore, methinks.

He is definitely shedding more heat than light these days.

(NBC) – In a major first, scientists have detected water vapor and possibly even liquid water clouds that rain in the atmosphere of a strange exoplanet that lies in the habitable zone of its host star about 110 light-years from Earth. A new study focuses on K2-18 b, an exoplanet discovered in 2015, orbits a red dwarf star close enough to receive about the same amount of radiation from its star as Earth does from our sun. Previously, scientists have discovered gas giants that have water vapor in their atmospheres, but this is

Kinda sucks you won't ever get to it like the rest of us it will be the planet the elites run to.

I guess we finally know where you hatched

You still don't understand the incredible unknown number of effects that could impact this light in deep space.

Unknown, Seaman Tory? You mean now you are now quantifying all the "mysteries" of space? There is not ONE THING out there in the intervening interstellar medium that we cannot account for. There is vacuum, diffuse gas, water vapor and dust and the occasional gravitational effect.

Now sorry to bust your bubble Seaman, but I almost went into being an astronomer as a career out of high-school before I veered into engineering. I still teach astronomy on a group of mine to this day and own probably about $80,000 in various astro gear from various scopes, mounts, eyepieces, cameras, and all the related things.

SO TELL ME, other than the extinction (dimming) caused by gas and dust which plays no factor in affecting the spectral band signature, the extremely thin occasional molecule of water which would affect a few photons by either deflecting them where they are not seen at all or are dispersed leaving part of their footprint unchanged, and gravity, which if encountered near a star (lensing) might at best positionally change the apparent location of the source, I've yet to see you name ONE EFFECT which would INCREDIBLY cause false or misleading absorption or emission bands?

DO TELL US WHAT THEY ARE?

View attachment 281447

You already did, dumbass! Now, STFU and get back on topic!

Unknown, Seaman Tory? You mean now you are now quantifying all the "mysteries" of space? There is not ONE THING out there in the intervening interstellar medium that we cannot account for. There is vacuum, diffuse gas, water vapor and dust and the occasional gravitational effect.

Now sorry to bust your bubble Seaman, but I almost went into being an astronomer as a career out of high-school before I veered into engineering. I still teach astronomy on a group of mine to this day and own probably about $80,000 in various astro gear from various scopes, mounts, eyepieces, cameras, and all the related things.

SO TELL ME, other than the extinction (dimming) caused by gas and dust which plays no factor in affecting the spectral band signature, the extremely thin occasional molecule of water which would affect a few photons by either deflecting them where they are not seen at all or are dispersed leaving part of their footprint unchanged, and gravity, which if encountered near a star (lensing) might at best positionally change the apparent location of the source, I've yet to see you name ONE EFFECT which would INCREDIBLY cause false or misleading absorption or emission bands?

Yeah, you veered into engineering, hit a brick wall and suffered irreparable brain damage as a result.

(NBC) – In a major first, scientists have detected water vapor and possibly even liquid water clouds that rain in the atmosphere of a strange exoplanet that lies in the habitable zone of its host star about 110 light-years from Earth. A new study focuses on K2-18 b, an exoplanet discovered in 2015, orbits a red dwarf star close enough to receive about the same amount of radiation from its star as Earth does from our sun. Previously, scientists have discovered gas giants that have water vapor in their atmospheres, but this is

Kinda sucks you won't ever get to it like the rest of us it will be the planet the elites run to.
Are there guppies swimming in the water.

110 light years away is approximately 645 TRILLION miles, yea right they know what is there.

There is a sucker born every day

Yeah, you veered into engineering, hit a brick wall and suffered irreparable brain damage as a result.

Says the bathtub destroyer captain who does not know that O2 does not burn.

Says the bathtub destroyer captain who does not know that O2 does not burn.

Why are you busting mu chops over this lie you made up?

Besides, on this point we agree!

View attachment 281447

You already did, dumbass! Now, STFU and get back on topic!
I AM on topic, Seaman Rockhead! NOW ANSWER THE QUESTION that YOU raised, tell us by what mechanism that false spectral signatures can arrive at the Earth giving us unreliable evidence of water vapor around another planet!

New Topics

Forum List

Back