Story of the Painter

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
There is the story of the painter who was a rip-off and this man lived in Nebraska in a small town. He had the only paint business going on there and he would take a gallon of paint and a gallon of thinner and mix it in there and make 2-3 gallons out of that. He would paint people's houses and just after a few years the paint would wash away and the people would hire him again. He was a crook. And one dear old lady, her husband passed away on the mission field in Africa, and all her life savings was only just a small pittance from their missionary denomination that was supporting them. And she went back to their old farm house which was built in the early 1900. It was run down but it functioned well enough for her. This woman was an intercessory prayer warrior and she prayed, for everything, for Jesus. She was praying,"Jesus, you know I need to get my house painted and if I don't get it painted, the wood is going to fall apart...It needs help." One day there was a knock on the door. The crook showed up and says,"Ma'am, I've been noticing this farmhouse and you need this place painted." He said,"I'll do it for you." And she said,"How much". He said,"$750 dollars". And she went to her bank book and said,"Well, I've only got $900 dollars in there. Its my whole life's savings. Well, I better Do it. I prayed and Jesus answered the prayer. I better do it." The man mixes his paint thinner. The man thins out all the paint and he is making a killing on this lady. He paints the house. Three days later, there is a knock on the door. This man is standing there visibly shaking--visibly shaking. His face is white as a sheet. He is scared to death. He says,"Mmmmmm ma ma Ma'am, I need to paint your house." She said,"Well, excuse me son but you painted it three days ago and it looks very nice." And the man said,"Nononono No! I gota paint it again!" She said,"Well, Son, even if you did paint it again, I have no more money. Its all gone. I'm trusting the Lord that He will provide for me. I don't have the money." He said,"NoNono No! You don't understand..I'll paint it for free." Well, this dear old saint realizes something is up. She stops the fellow and says,"Why are you offering a free paint job for my house?" And he says,"Wawawa Well, last night, I was asleep. I woke up and there was an angel standing at the foot of the bed with a flaming sword. He pointed it at me and looked me right in the eyes and said:

'Repaint Thinner!'"

Forum List

Back