Zone1 Stop Listening to Thomas Sowell

I've agreed with you on that. Have you stopped listening to me for some reason? Fact is your links often don't work which I find very annoying. You could put a little more effort into that.

Also, you should care that your primary source for this topic's OP stole at least some of someone else's published work verbatim. That someone wasn't "William Julius Wilson"

Dawson Richard Vosburg
May 6, 2021 (one month earlier):

Verbatim.. Yes?

Next section from your OP:

Dawson:

Next:

Dawson:

The only thing left in your OP is the crap link. Dawson clearly did a great job there. Throughout his critique of Sowell in fact. Don't you think he deserves the credit?
Yes, Dawson deserves credit. The point is in the factual rebuttal of Sowells nonsense. I am not that concerned about who gets credit for it.

Thomas Sowell is responsible for making life more dangerous for black people in America. The racist subculture uses his irresponsible rhetoric as high-level intellectual thought. When you are black and suggest to whites how blacks are starting a race war with them, you invite problems that no one black should be facing. When you know that your audience consists of white right-wing extremists and you state how they are under attack from blacks and the media hides it, you invite and should be held criminally responsible for the hate crimes you have created.

“More dangerous than these highly publicized episodes over the years are innumerable organized and unprovoked physical attacks on whites by young black gangs in shopping malls, on beaches, and in other public places all across the country today. While some of these attacks make it into the media as isolated incidents, the nationwide pattern of organized black-on-white attacks by thugs remains invisible in the mainstream media, with the notable exception of Bill O’Reilly on the Fox News Channel.” -Thomas Sowell, 2013
Once I asked a young black man, "If you are in a city after dark and four young men are walking in your direction, will you feel safer if they are white or black?"

He answered, "I will feel safer if they are white, a lot safer. Even in the South I will feel safer. I think most blacks feel the same way."

When I told another young black man I had recently been mugged he asked, "Were they black?"

When I said that they were he said, "A [derogatory n word] will kill you for a ten dollar bill. When I walk down the street, if I see [derogatory n word] up the street, I cross the street."

Jesse Jackson feels the same way.

jesse-jackson-625630.jpg

I have never been robbed by a white person, a Asian person, or a Hispanic person. I have thwarted three mugging attempts with pepper spray. I think of pepper spray as "Negro Repellent."

From 2013:
In the last 50 years we've seen mountains high and valleys low. We've seen the right to vote and its fruits. We've occupied offices that we used to not be able to get an appointment in. We're now Congressman, Mayors and state officials. We've had our high moments. The return of Aristide to Haiti; the freedom of Mandela; and the election of President Obama, the crown jewel of our political effort.

And yet today, with all of our vast wealth, military mis-adventurism continues; our subsidy of the wealthy continues; the attack on public education continues; the attack on public transportation continues; attacks on the public post office continue; attacks on small business continue; the largest jail industrial complex in the world continues and is expanding; private prisons with $1.5 billion per year in profits; pre-trial detention up to 5 years; prison labor is expanding; Corrections Corporation of America is on the stock market; just locking up Americans for sport and profit continues.

There's too much hate, too much violence, too many drugs, too many guns in the land. Our dreams are under attack.

Our challenge today may be to create discomfort in houses of power around the nation -- in love and non-violence with an appeal for mercy and understanding.

There are too many poor people in a nation so wealthy. Today we are free, but not equal. We have closed the separation gap between races, but we've expanded the disparity gap between those who live in surplus and those who live in poverty. Free but not equal.

The unfinished business will require both courage and risk. It will require sacrifice.

We must dream above the clouds of doubt and fear and cynicism.
I find this bit in particular brilliant:
We have closed the separation gap between races, but we've expanded the disparity gap between those who live in surplus and those who live in poverty.
I would follow that up with, No one needs either surplus or poverty. Creating discomfort in houses of power around the nation will take the fun out living in surplus. They may even feel they are experiencing poverty.

Last edited:
From 2013:

I find this bit in particular brilliant:

I would follow that up with, No one needs either surplus or poverty. Creating discomfort in houses of power around the nation will take the fun out living in surplus. They may even feel they are experiencing poverty.
Since the end of Reconstruction in 1876 the Republican Party has existed to make the rich richer. The rich are getting richer, as incomes for most Americans have been stagnating or declining since the inflationary recession of 1974. Consequently, Republican politicians know that tax cuts for the rich is not a winning issue, so they emphasize social issues, where the Democrats are vulnerable. Social issues are easy to understand.

And I agree with the Republicans on a lot of social issues. I do not want white students in K-12 to be made to feel badly about being white. I am opposed to affirmative action and reparations. I want the police to get more funding and more power. Although I have been a victim of police brutality, I am more concerned with crime. I want more, longer, and harsher prison sentences. I have always disliked the sexual revolution.

I vote Democrat, but the Democrat Party I really like died with John Kennedy in 1963.

Since the end of Reconstruction in 1876 the Republican Party has existed to make the rich richer. The rich are getting richer, as incomes for most Americans have been stagnating or declining since the inflationary recession of 1974. Consequently, Republican politicians know that tax cuts for the rich is not a winning issue, so they emphasize social issues, where the Democrats are vulnerable. Social issues are easy to understand.

And I agree with the Republicans on a lot of social issues. I do not want white students in K-12 to be made to feel badly about being white. I am opposed to affirmative action and reparations. I want the police to get more funding and more power. Although I have been a victim of police brutality, I am more concerned with crime. I want more, longer, and harsher prison sentences. I have always disliked the sexual revolution.

I vote Democrat, but the Democrat Party I really like died with John Kennedy in 1963.
John Kennedy of 1963 would align more with Republicans of today than Democrats.

John Kennedy would make a great nominee today - and he would be in the Republican Party.

John Kennedy would make a great nominee today - and he would be in the Republican Party.
John Kennedy would be a moderate Democrat. He would oppose defunding the police, affirmative action, and reparations. He would tell the majority of Republicans who think otherwise that Trump lost the 2020 presidential elections. He would say that global climate change is a serious problem. He would disagree with a lot of Republicans and say that we need to continue to support Ukraine.

There is a good chance that Eisenhower would be a moderate Democrat too. This is what he wrote in a letter to his brother:

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas.4 Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

John Kennedy of 1963 would align more with Republicans of today than Democrats.
John Kennedy would tell Republicans that Trump lost the 2020 election. He would tell them Trump proves that money cannot buy class. He would tell them that we need to support Ukraine.

John Kennedy would tell Republicans that Trump lost the 2020 election. He would tell them Trump proves that money cannot buy class. He would tell them that we need to support Ukraine.
And he would still align more with current Republican values than current Democrat values.

And he would still align more with current Republican values than current Democrat values.
During the presidential campaign of 1960 Kennedy said he wanted to continue and advance the policies of President Roosevelt's New Deal. Beginning with the presidency of Reagan Republicans have scaled back those policies.

John Kennedy would be a moderate Democrat. He would oppose defunding the police, affirmative action, and reparations. He would tell the majority of Republicans who think otherwise that Trump lost the 2020 presidential elections. He would say that global climate change is a serious problem. He would disagree with a lot of Republicans and say that we need to continue to support Ukraine.

There is a good chance that Eisenhower would be a moderate Democrat too. This is what he wrote in a letter to his brother:

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas.4 Their number is negligible and they are stupid."

JFK would make a moderate Republican. There are no more moderate Democrats around. I thought that Manchin would have been one, but he caved to Biden’s massive spending bill.

During the presidential campaign of 1960 Kennedy said he wanted to continue and advance the policies of President Roosevelt's New Deal. Beginning with the presidency of Reagan Republicans have scaled back those policies.
You mean more giveaways to able-bodied adults who won’t get a job? Sorry, but we disagree in this bigtime. McCarthy is correct in tying welfare benefits to a willingness to pitch in.

I’m not sure. Kennedy would be appalled at how the Biden Campaign colluded with a complicit DOJ to suppress TRUE information that would cost Biden the election.

I’m not sure. Kennedy would be appalled at how the Biden Campaign colluded with a complicit DOJ to suppress TRUE information that would cost Biden the election.
Don't tell me that you believe that Trump won the 2020 election. The Republican Supreme Court disagrees with you.

You mean more giveaways to able-bodied adults who won’t get a job? Sorry, but we disagree in this bigtime. McCarthy is correct in tying welfare benefits to a willingness to pitch in.
No. That is not what I mean. I mean strong labor unions, a high minimum wage, and steeply progressive taxation. Those were the major reforms of the Democrat New Deal of the 1930's.

Don't tell me that you believe that Trump won the 2020 election. The Republican Supreme Court disagrees with you.
He WOULD have won had the Biden Campaign not instructed the DOJ to suppress news that would have cost him the election. And two of the justices DID want to hear the evidence.

Forum List

Back