Zone1 Stop Listening to Thomas Sowell

You mean more giveaways to able-bodied adults who won’t get a job? Sorry, but we disagree in this bigtime. McCarthy is correct in tying welfare benefits to a willingness to pitch in.
I agree with McCarthy about welfare. Indeed, I would like a total end to federal assistance for single mothers with illegitimate children.

Nevertheless, if I only voted for politicians who agreed with me about everything, I would never vote.

No. That is not what I mean. I mean strong labor unions, a high minimum wage, and steeply progressive taxation. Those were the major reforms of the Democrat New Deal of the 1930's.
Labor unions are OK as long as they don’t use their money to influence elections AND are not part of government.

How much higher do you want to make the minimum wage? Remember, fewer than 5% earn that - and it’s all entry level or unskilled workers. What if we just called it a “training wage,“ with the understanding that all but the most limited in intelligence or drive would move beyond it in less than a yeae?

How much more progressive should taxation be? The top 5% already pay 40% of all taxes! And the bottom half barely pay 3%. I think we should make EVERY earner, regardless of income, pitch in even a small amount.

He WOULD have won had the Biden Campaign not instructed the DOJ to suppress news that would have cost him the election. And two of the justices DID want to hear the evidence.
You disappoint me. All of the public opinion surveys had Trump losing. So did all of the courts, even when many of the judges on those courts had been appointed by Trump.

How much more progressive should taxation be? The top 5% already pay 40% of all taxes! And the bottom half barely pay 3%. I think we should make EVERY earner, regardless of income, pitch in even a small amount.
Again you disappoint me. It is not true that "The top 5% already pay 40% of all taxes!"

The overall tax system is mildly progressive, as I have documented time and time in the past.

taxPercentage 2.png

You disappoint me. All of the public opinion surveys had Trump losing. So did all of the courts, even when many of the judges on those courts had been appointed by Trump.

They had him losing when only considering ballots. When you consider the amount of censorship and suppression of information the Dems had to do in order to carry the man over the finish line.

IOW, the polls were based on wrong information given to voters.

Labor unions are OK as long as they don’t use their money to influence elections.
I want to get the money out of politics. If labor unions are forbidden to use their money to influence politics, corporations should be forbidden too.

…..not only do the bottom half not pay in a cent, they pay in LESS than nothing when you consider “refundable tax credits.”

They had him losing when only considering ballots. When you consider the amount of censorship and suppression of information the Dems had to do in order to carry the man over the finish line.

IOW, the polls were based on wrong information given to voters.
Come on. Lisa558 you are better than that.

…..not only do the bottom half not pay in a cent, they pay in LESS than nothing when you consider “refundable tax credits.”
If that is true, it is only true of income taxes. There are other taxes too.

I want to get the money out of politics. If labor unions are forbidden to use their money to influence politics, corporations should be forbidden too.
I’m good with that.

And what say you about government unions themselves, who use taxpayer money to fight AGAINST the taxpayer? I know someone who is a federal union rep, earning $150,000 a year, paid for by taxpayers, and she fights to have us pay more in taxes to keep paying inflated government salaries and especially benefits.

I’m good with that.

And what say you about government unions themselves, who use taxpayer money to fight AGAINST the taxpayer? I know someone who is a federal union rep, earning $150,000 a year, paid for by taxpayers, and she fights to have us pay more in taxes to keep paying inflated government salaries and especially benefits.
I agree that government employees should not be allowed to join labor unions. So did President Franklin Roosevelt.

Come on. Lisa558 you are better than that.
Come on Hector, you are better than that. More has come out in recent days as to how government officials, acting on Blinken’s directions, lied about the Hunter laptop and called it Russian disinformation when they knew it was true.

Had the Biden Campaign not coordinated a coverup, Trump would be president.

I agree that government employees should not be allowed to join labor unions. So did President Franklin Roosevelt.
I’m no fan of FDR. He sent hundreds of fleeing Jews, already at America’s shore, back across the ocean into Hitler’s waiting arms.

If that is true, it is only true of income taxes. There are other taxes too.
We are talking about fed income tax. The excuse that….hey, the people who get all sorts of welfare and food stamps still have to pay….shudder….sales tax doesn’t fly with me.

So tell me the truth. Now that you see how strongly I disagree with you, do you no longer consider me an intelligent Jew?

We are talking about fed income tax. The excuse that….hey, the people who get all sorts of welfare and food stamps still have to pay….shudder….sales tax doesn’t fly with me.

So tell me the truth. Now that you see how strongly I disagree with you, do you no longer consider me an intelligent Jew?
You are talking about income taxes. I am talking about all taxes.

Most Americans who are not in the upper ten percent or even the upper forty percent do not receive welfare checks, or food stamps.

The answer to your question is "No."

I’m no fan of FDR. He sent hundreds of fleeing Jews, already at America’s shore, back across the ocean into Hitler’s waiting arms.
We have discussed this before. Gallup surveys existed back them. I suspect Roosevelt's decision was popular with the voters. If so, letting those Jews settle in the United States would have complicated Roosevelt's efforts to get the United States into World War II. Immediately prior to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, a Gallup survey indicated that about 80% of Americans wanted to stay out of the War. If that had happened, quite a few more Jews would have been killed.

Come on Hector, you are better than that. More has come out in recent days as to how government officials, acting on Blinken’s directions, lied about the Hunter laptop and called it Russian disinformation when they knew it was true.

Hunter's laptop did not influence public opinion surveys predicting a Trump defeat in 2020.

That laptop is a deflection from Trump's problems. Right now Trump is on trial for rape. He claims never to have seen the woman who accuses him. She claims that some of his semen is on her dress. A DNA test will clear this matter up. Up to now Trump has refused a DNA test. I hope the judge forces him to submit to a test.

I do not have the heart to go after you on this. I will leave that to your many detractors here. I will not defend you this time, as I have in the past. :(

You are talking about income taxes. I am talking about all taxes.

Most Americans who are not in the upper ten percent or even the upper forty percent do not receive welfare checks, or food stamps.

The answer to your question is "No."
So you’re just another typical Democrat…..anyone who doesn’t agree with you is just stupid.

End of discussion.

Forum List

Back