Stop Corporate Contributions From Buying Our Politicians

Corporate influence needs to be halted in its tracks. It hurts this country. Stake my life on it.

Government influences corporations, why not allow them to respond in kind?
They do a lot more than respond in kind. Let the individuals that own stock in those companies each represent themselves if they so desire.

Let the company defend itself.
They have gone too far they are being bullies at this point to let them continue on as it has been. When they cannot defend themselves they simply buy off whoever needs to be bought....ie buying judges etc.....

They have gone too far they are being bullies at this point

A company can bully the US government? Tell me more!!!

they simply buy off whoever needs to be bought....ie buying judges etc

Buying judges is illegal. You want to pass another law to make it more illegal?
How would that work?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Sorry, can't agree.

The First Amendment does not state that for-profit corporations are persons under the laws covering our political process.

Do you think that they should be allowed to vote as corporations too?

Individuals can petition the government and do that as a group, but that does not include the right to make political contributions.

The First Amendment does not state that for-profit corporations are persons under the laws covering our political process.

So what?

No.

Individuals can petition the government and do that as a group, but that does not include the right to make political contributions.

Apparently it does.
And that is what needs to be changed,, dude.

Why?
Because the People are soveriegn, not corporations and public donations to political events was the primary means of the People keeping control of the government.

Corporations are co-opting control from the People with their massive donations to PACs and so this needs to stop.

I know that you realize this, Toddster, so again, I am done discussing yet another topic with you.

Because the People are soveriegn, not corporations

Corporations are groups of people, like the NRA is a group of people.
Why can't groups of people participate in the political process?

Corporations are co-opting control from the People with their massive donations to PACs and so this needs to stop.

That must be why Hillary won. Wait, what?

so again, I am done discussing yet another topic with you.

Yes, you're good at running away when I point out the flaws in your claims.

Democracies, including republican ones, must have elections that are about more than who has more funding.

Corporate influence needs to be halted in its tracks. It hurts this country. Stake my life on it.

They do a lot more than respond in kind. Let the individuals that own stock in those companies each represent themselves if they so desire.

They have gone too far they are being bullies at this point to let them continue on as it has been. When they cannot defend themselves they simply buy off whoever needs to be bought....ie buying judges etc.....

How would that work?
Yes buying judges altering certified court transcripts, bullying with illegal measures such as counterfeit docs, blowing up other peoples business equipment, designing equipment to fail as to sabotage private enterprise, etc. is illegal but the fact is your corps and bankers have more money and can pay off more people to do these illegal actions against private every day citizens, cover up their illegal actions and they are and have been getting away with it. They need a very tight lease and the people agree as demonstrated in the latest elections.

So what?

No.

Apparently it does.

Why?
Because the People are soveriegn, not corporations and public donations to political events was the primary means of the People keeping control of the government.

I know that you realize this, Toddster, so again, I am done discussing yet another topic with you.

Corporations can contribute to the debate without using their financial muscle.

How would that work?
Yes buying judges altering certified court transcripts, bullying with illegal measures such as counterfeit docs, blowing up other peoples business equipment, designing equipment to fail as to sabotage private enterprise, etc. is illegal but the fact is your corps and bankers have more money and can pay off more people to do these illegal actions against private every day citizens, cover up their illegal actions and they are and have been getting away with it. They need a very tight lease and the people agree as demonstrated in the latest elections.

Yes, tight leash, like the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Teach those greedy kulaks, eh comrade?

So what?

No.

Apparently it does.

Why?

Sure, by paying groups to run ads.

How would that work?

Yes, tight leash, like the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Teach those greedy kulaks, eh comrade?
Sorry your bullshit "eh comrade" won't work on this end. I started working for myself and ran my own successful businesses for most of my life and it was your types of fascist and bolsheviks that insured through all of the above mentioned measures and much more that I would live in poverty if I refused to succumb to their blackmail attempts for the remainder of my days here on earth. For refusing to give in to their lies, illegal actions and threats I was called "a terrorist" years ago so you can go fuck yourself and that horse you ride on.

Why?

They should be limited to the level of, for example, a local pressure group. Failing to do that leads to obvious problems,not least corruption.

How would that work?

Sorry your bullshit "eh comrade" won't work on this end. I started working for myself and ran my own successful businesses for most of my life and it was your types of fascist and bolsheviks that insured through all of the above mentioned measures and much more that I would live in poverty if I refused to succumb to their blackmail attempts for the remainder of my days here on earth. For refusing to give in to their lies, illegal actions and threats I was called "a terrorist" years ago so you can go fuck yourself and that horse you ride on.

it was your types of fascist and Bolsheviks

You dealt with small government fascists and Bolsheviks? That's funny.

I would live in poverty if I refused to succumb to their blackmail attempts for the remainder of my days here on earth.

Someone blackmailed you? Naughty pictures?

so you can go fuck yourself and that horse you ride on.

Bestiality pictures? Just awful.

They should be limited to the level of, for example, a local pressure group. Failing to do that leads to obvious problems,not least corruption.

They should be limited to the level of, for example, a local pressure group.

Why? What other examples of Constitutional freedoms should be limited to local issues?

Failing to do that leads to obvious problems,not least corruption.

Give up your freedoms because...corruption?

Government of the people, by the moneyed, for the moneyed should perish from the earth.

If working class Americans used their brains, they could have everything they want. They could run the country. Why they abandon the job to 'others' remains a mystery.

As long as you have a Republican Supreme Court, it will always be Corporations over Americans. That's just how Republicans roll.

If voters would chase out the House every two years, as they could (very democratic system for a 'republic'), the Supreme Court would be relegated to important things.

How would that work?

it was your types of fascist and Bolsheviks

You dealt with small government fascists and Bolsheviks? That's funny.

I would live in poverty if I refused to succumb to their blackmail attempts for the remainder of my days here on earth.

Someone blackmailed you? Naughty pictures?

so you can go fuck yourself and that horse you ride on.

Bestiality pictures? Just awful.
Your ignorance shows, thanks!

Forum List

Back