Stocks tumble again !

Well, we're in a depression, not a recession, so no surprises; there isn't much out there to drive it up, certainly not rising incomes or much investment in the domestic economy. Hoping for yet another housing bubble is futile.

Well, we're in a depression, not a recession, so no surprises; there isn't much out there to drive it up, certainly not rising incomes or much investment in the domestic economy. Hoping for yet another housing bubble is futile.

No were not. Corporate America and the rich are swimming in money. The middle class is fucked because Republicans continue to be elected. The worst are the 'I don't vote for either party' FOOLS.

The stock market hates uncertainty. Earnings reports are due for the quarter, and the election is coming up. After that, the market will settle down, no matter which party prevails. The gridlock in D.C is so bad that nobody expects anything significant to happen in the next 2 years under any circumstances.The market likes that, although certain segments may suffer due to the gridlock.

This is really starting to worry me now.

Stocks End Sharply Lower Again

Stocks were lower again today after last week’s heavy losses and ahead of corporate earnings.

There were no major economic data releases this morning.

At market close the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500 were down 1.3%, 1.5% and 1.6% respectively.

Stocks on the Move
It was reported this weekend that Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) has approached CSX (CSX) about a possible merger. We attribute the timing of CP's offer to three factors. First, Harrison's contract runs only through mid-2017, and regulatory approval will probably take at least a year. Second, CSX's valuation remains attractive because of near-term risks to the Appalachian coal franchise (cheap natural gas and declining export coal demand). Third, after a punishing winter, the industry is more motivated to address Chicago rail traffic congestion. Shares of Canadian Pacific were down 2.3% while CSX shares rose nearly 6% on the report.

Shares of T-Mobile US (TMUS) were down 2.5% after french firm Iliad said it was dropping its bid for the company. The move comes after T-Mobile had rejected the offer saying it undervalued the carrier.

Stocks End Sharply Lower Again - Yahoo Finance

16141.74 -173.45 (-1.06%)

Projected foward over time the DOW only goes up. Worrying about a week or even year trend is showing your naivity.

800px-DJIA_historical_graph_to_jan09_%28log%29.svg.png

Of course, if we get a Republican in 2016, all bets are off. SELL! SELL! SELL! ;)

Stocks were lower again today after last week’s heavy losses and ahead of corporate earnings.

At market close the Dow, Nasdaq and S&P 500 were down 1.3%, 1.5% and 1.6% respectively.

Stocks on the Move
It was reported this weekend that Canadian Pacific Railway (CP) has approached CSX (CSX) about a possible merger. We attribute the timing of CP's offer to three factors. First, Harrison's contract runs only through mid-2017, and regulatory approval will probably take at least a year. Second, CSX's valuation remains attractive because of near-term risks to the Appalachian coal franchise (cheap natural gas and declining export coal demand). Third, after a punishing winter, the industry is more motivated to address Chicago rail traffic congestion. Shares of Canadian Pacific were down 2.3% while CSX shares rose nearly 6% on the report.

Shares of T-Mobile US (TMUS) were down 2.5% after french firm Iliad said it was dropping its bid for the company. The move comes after T-Mobile had rejected the offer saying it undervalued the carrier.

16141.74 -173.45 (-1.06%)

Projected foward over time the DOW only goes up. Worrying about a week or even year trend is showing your naivity.

800px-DJIA_historical_graph_to_jan09_%28log%29.svg.png

Of course, if we get a Republican in 2016, all bets are off. SELL! SELL! SELL! ;)
Oh blow me.

If the market were to be adjusted for real inflation, it should be around 22,000 or so on a normal basis. It's a long way from that, and likely will never get there.

Stocks on the Move

Hello,

There is always up and down in the shares. Major shares shows down, however, effective trading can help a lot. Nowadays, while trading and also through word of mouths, I cam across one stock of Gala Global Inc OTC: GLAG, which has really helped me make huge profit and it is the only stock that helped me out of the debt I was in since last couple of months. I would highly recommend you to buy this stock to massive profit.

It's a correction, nothing more. If, however, you are not in the market for the long haul, which I would define as your not needing the money for about 7 years or more, then you should not be in the market at all.

That's a little conservative. I plan to retire June 2016 but..... my 401K will drive the final answer. Even at ~18 months to go, I use a formula of 100 minus age equal allocation in equities, and the rest in bonds. This ratio is now OBE by some. I use the above formula still but add 24 LOL

The oil is the new Black Swan

-Geaux

10 Terrible Pieces Of Retirement Advice - Forbes

Forum List

Back