Stock Pile Not the States? The People Of The States Paid For It

What a complete and utter IGNORANT and ARROGANT asshole,

Jimminey Chricket, we really need this incompetent administration to ALL STEP DOWN and have the professionals step in to clean up their shit, before we all die from their incompetence....

Who the hell does the federal gvt work for.....? For all of the states, for we the people....

I guess Kushner never considered the meaning of the phrase "The United States"!
Another idiot. Amazing. I guess You’re an idiot who didn’t understand what he meant.

So it's your position that every time Trump or one of his officials says something idiotic we're supposed to reinterpret as something reasonable?

Maybe we need an administration that says what they mean and mean what they say.
It was not idiotic. It made perfect sense. You're just an idiot who didn't understand it.
there was nothing to understand, other than what he said?

the national strategic stock piles are for we the people and all States as it has always been in national emergencies, not just those working for the federal gvt....

don't put in a new quarterback in to the game, to only fumble, their first pass...
He said that states hoard and in this situation they wanted more flexibility. Did you really not understand his intent? There was zero malice behind it. Leftists like you look to create problems where there arent any.
who is hoarding them?

Jimminey Chricket, we really need this incompetent administration to ALL STEP DOWN and have the professionals step in to clean up their shit, before we all die from their incompetence....

Who the hell does the federal gvt work for.....? For all of the states, for we the people....

Another idiot. Amazing. I guess You’re an idiot who didn’t understand what he meant.

So it's your position that every time Trump or one of his officials says something idiotic we're supposed to reinterpret as something reasonable?

Maybe we need an administration that says what they mean and mean what they say.
It was not idiotic. It made perfect sense. You're just an idiot who didn't understand it.

the national strategic stock piles are for we the people and all States as it has always been in national emergencies, not just those working for the federal gvt....

don't put in a new quarterback in to the game, to only fumble, their first pass...
He said that states hoard and in this situation they wanted more flexibility. Did you really not understand his intent? There was zero malice behind it. Leftists like you look to create problems where there arent any.
who is hoarding them?
States do. If MA has 5000 they won’t ship 500 to Louisiana because they will want to make sure they have enough even though they may not need all 5000. Did you not listen to the entire press conference?

giphy.gif

Home - The stuffnews doesn't maintain an about page with information. Why not?

We have this thing called State rights and with that comes state responsibilities. Trump has already said that the federal government is the back up. Stop taking every little thing and blowing it up because you are transparent and you are the reason the Democratic Party will continue to lose.
Have you watched the news?

Did you watch Jarod in the press conference on COVID yesterday?

And?

Are you telling me that the States do not have the obligation to attempt to meet the demand?

They do. They are overwhelmed. And thus requesting assistance in the form of resources. That is what the SNS is. A resource.

Everyone is fucking aware it's a resource but there is an obligation first.

True, and there is every indication that this epidemic will overwhelm most state resources. It doesn’t help the perception of wrong being amplified here when the president makes statements like this:

Vox? :abgg2q.jpg:

What if it was the "state stockpile" and the counties wanted some of it? Wouldn't the argument be the same that "the people paid for it"?

who is hoarding them?
States do. If MA has 5000 they won’t ship 500 to Louisiana because they will want to make sure they have enough even though they may not need all 5000. Did you not listen to the entire press conference?
I know Oregon sent 150 or so yesterday to New York, without a direct request from New York, though Cuomo has been saying for weeks, states need to send him help with ventilators and doctors and nurses and he would return the favor....

it gets down to, once again, the LACK OF ADEQUATE TESTING.....

How can a governor, neglect their own citizens and not protect them by sending their ventilators to another State, when they do not have a handle on how many are really infected in their own state?

He misspoke and Trump clarified what he meant in yesterday’s press conference
Then that is exactly why Kushner has no business being involved.
Shoot! I'd take Bush2;s Michael Brown FEMA Chief during Katrina at this point, which would be better than this helter skelter pres trump is giving us.... sheesh! :eek: WHO IN THE HECK is the one general of sorts, in charge of supplies for the states? Who is our FEMA chief???

who is hoarding them?
I know Oregon sent 150 or so yesterday to New York, without a direct request from New York, though Cuomo has been saying for weeks, states need to send him help with ventilators and doctors and nurses and he would return the favor....

How can a governor, neglect their own citizens and not protect them by sending their ventilators to another State, when they do not have a handle on how many are really infected in their own state?
Why did Cuomo spend 100mil on researching rising ocean waters vs buying ventilators? Ask him. If the ventilators are in a central location then it’s easier to divvy them up to states that need them ASAP. That was all Kushner said and meant and the Leftist media jumped all over him. Crazy.

who is hoarding them?

Why did Cuomo spend 100mil on researching rising ocean waters vs buying ventilators? Ask him. If the ventilators are in a central location then it’s easier to divvy them up to states that need them ASAP. That was all Kushner said and meant and the Leftist media jumped all over him. Crazy.
Maybe, because he and all states believed there was a federal strategic stockpile that FEMA had, to disburse in case there was a once in a lifetime, National Pandemic Emergency, that could be sent, to where they are needed, and moved around to where needed, as the plague passes over, their states?

This is why the federal govt runs pandemic exercise simulations every couple of years, coordinated with the state gvt, and hospitals, to see where the short falls are....

I can’t decide whose face is more punchable — Jared Bot 2000, or Trumpy Junior.
I think Trump Junior... he acts like a punk....

not that I would ever punch anyone!!! :eek-52:

Jared, is a pretty smart guy, but he simply has no experience in gvt, to know how things are suppose to even work.... a lot has been thrown at him, by his father in law to handle.... when in most of those things, he has to learn them from scratch..... imho.... but yes, he comes off arrogant....

He misspoke and Trump clarified what he meant in yesterday’s press conference
Then that is exactly why Kushner has no business being involved.
Well, get elected and do something about it.

:p
she's likely smart enough to know, that she doesn't have the experience and hands on knowledge of how to run FEMA....unlike some other people whose father in law's last name, begins with T

Last edited:

who is hoarding them?

Maybe, because he and all states believed there was a federal strategic stockpile that FEMA had, to disburse in case there was a once in a lifetime, National Pandemic Emergency, that could be sent, to where they are needed, and moved around to where needed, as the plague passes over, their states?

This is why the federal govt runs pandemic exercise simulations every couple of years, coordinated with the state gvt, and hospitals, to see where the short falls are....
Except the states were told explicitly to have ventilators ready and many did. So this is why Kushner said to have the Federal Govt receive them vs states because not all states manage their inventory efficiently and NY is case in point.

who is hoarding them?

Except the states were told explicitly to have ventilators ready and many did. So this is why Kushner said to have the Federal Govt receive them vs states because not all states manage their inventory efficiently and NY is case in point.
what states did? God bless them, but who were they.... ?

who is hoarding them?

what states did? God bless them, but who were they.... ?
MA, Cali, Washington, Florida...

Lol, no, Cuomo had plenty of warning in 2015 that NY needed 18k ventilators an d he FAILED to buy them. Spent hundreds of millions on various eco-googoo projects instead.

Hospitals in New York are running short. To his credit, Gov. Andrew Cuomo is doing his best, but he admits “you can’t find available ventilators no matter how much you’re willing to pay right now, because there is literally a global run on ventilators.”
It’s a little late. Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.
They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.
In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.
In truth, a death officer. Let’s not sugar-coat it. It won’t be up to your own doctor.
In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.
To be fair, governments everywhere stockpiled too little. Washington didn’t do much better: The federal Strategic National Stockpile is undersupplied to meet the coronavirus emergency.
Now the pandemic is actually here. New York’s grim-reaper rules will be applied. New York City’s deputy commissioner for disease control, Demetre Daskalakis, is anticipating “some very serious, difficult decisions.” So far, in Gotham, one of every four people with a confirmed case has been hospitalized, and 44 percent of them have needed a ventilator.

In dire times of need, governments reflexively rely on rationing, but the private sector responds with supplying that needful market seeking profit; the trick is to prevent price gouging, the opposite extreme.

giphy.gif

We have this thing called State rights and with that comes state responsibilities. Trump has already said that the federal government is the back up. Stop taking every little thing and blowing it up because you are transparent and you are the reason the Democratic Party will continue to lose.

And?

Are you telling me that the States do not have the obligation to attempt to meet the demand?

They do. They are overwhelmed. And thus requesting assistance in the form of resources. That is what the SNS is. A resource.

True, and there is every indication that this epidemic will overwhelm most state resources. It doesn’t help the perception of wrong being amplified here when the president makes statements like this:

Ezra Klein is definitely super left leaning.

giphy.gif

And?

Is there a procedure in place? Do the states have an obligation?

That's the bottom line.

This is take something and blow it way the hell up because it's an election cycle. Is anyone talking about signing contracts making sure that ppe is actually made in this country? Nah. It's theater. The number one players are the governors. That's where the story is. They haven't had to respond to anything like this and are learning on the curve. Is everything moving along because there is a procedure in place? Yes. Then the wailing is nothing but some Housewives of Washington DC drama shit.

I remind you that you have had effectively 8 years to prepare for this upcoming election and still will not win it because "I hate Trump" isn't enough.

giphy.gif

And?

Ezra Klein is definitely super left leaning.
He is a total nutbag.

Forum List

Back