Stock market taking massive dive today

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Yesterday was a good day, today's tank is wiping that out and more.

Dow plunges 1,100 points as Wall Street sell-off accelerates​

Stocks plunged Thursday — with the Dow plunging more than 1,100 points — wiping out the gains from the previous session’s massive rally.

In midday trading, the Dow Jones industrial average had slumped 3.3 percent. The S&P 500 index sank 165 points, or 3.8 percent, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq was the biggest loser, giving back 651 points, or 5 percent.

Stocks saw a late-afternoon surge Wednesday after the Federal Reserve announced that it would raise interest rates by half a percent. Though it marked the biggest jump since 2000 and Fed Chair Jerome H. Powell said comparable increases were “on the table,” investors seemed relieved after he said the board had not seriously considered going any higher. The Dow closed up more than 932 points, or 2.8 percent. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite index soared 3 percent and 3.2 percent, respectively.

Yesterday was a good day, today's tank is wiping that out and more.

Dow plunges 1,100 points as Wall Street sell-off accelerates​

With employment up, production up, and they've had 6 months to figure in inflation, what is this correction about, th overnight Fed Funds rate?

With employment up, production up, and they've had 6 months to figure in inflation, what is this correction about, th overnight Fed Funds rate?
No more money from the feds to buy bonds, soooo. I was notified last week the SBA loan funds are dwindling along with other institutions that loan.

Not if it is your own company.
listen dude i get what you are saying ... i was self employed for nearly 20yrs ... but being self employed is not the norm nor has it been for hundreds of yrs ! there is nothing wrong with working for a company or being self employed ... dont judge success or happiness because somebody has more money than you do .... dems have a big problem with their neighbors have more money or drive a fancier car even if they themselves have a higher standard of living than the average American ... bitterness is a prerequisite to being a leftist . that being said the markets are very important to all businesses.

listen dude i get what you are saying ... i was self employed for nearly 20yrs ... but being self employed is not the norm nor has it been for hundreds of yrs ! there is nothing wrong with working for a company or being self employed ... dont judge success or happiness because somebody has more money than you do .... dems have a big problem with their neighbors have more money or drive a fancier car even if they themselves have a higher standard of living than the average American ... bitterness is a prerequisite to being a leftist .
I can tell you don't like the increase in interest rates, I myself want higher interest rates than the stupidly low ones that Trump insisted upon.

Forum List

Back