CDZ Stewart Rhodes: In defense of due process

Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oath Keepers was arrested and charged with "Seditious Conspiracy" by the DOJ based on heavy accusation and scant evidence, which only merely cited his statements on an obscure social media platform during the events on January 6, 2021.

Now, there are those labeling him as a traitor, without ever considering his right to due process. Or the fact that the evidence (or lack thereof) may exonerate him. This is not a defense of the Oath Keepers or their stances, but a defense of his right to due process, which he may never receive--not in court, and not in the mind of a leftist.

One thing to consider in all of this:

He wasn't even at the capitol during the riots, and all of his weapon purchases occurred after the riots had taken place.

This alone pokes holes in the accusations made by the DOJ.

Eisenhower wasn’t at Normandy on June 6 1944. Was he in charge of the invasion?

The indictment alleges that Rhodes organized and oversaw the planning of and execution of the events on that day.

Rhodes didn’t need to be there. Just as Charles Manson wasn’t at the site of the first murders.

Now. I often point out that Cliven Bundy was released because the FBI was caught in a lie. Something similar may happen this time too. I don’t know. I also say that Bundy is an asshat and a jackass. That alone doesn’t make him a criminal.

I don’t know how this case will end up being resolved. But your Due Process complaint is premature at this point. This is how the system works. The Prosecutors make allegations and get an indictment from the Grand Jury. The defense is shown all evidence. (Note. This was how Bundy got off.) and then a trial is held. A jury decides if the accused is guilty.

Right now I don’t know. I don’t know if he is guilty. I don’t know a lot. But I am not about to start wailing and gnashing my teeth and shouting that this poor guy is a political prisoner.

They didn’t throw him in jail without charges. They didn’t convict him in absentia. This is the system.

Are they? 40 people in jail for over a year without a day in court?

What type of "due process" is that, might I ask?

They most certainly have been in court. They are still in jail because a judge in a court of law put them there.

No need to lie. They have been in court and faced the judge with a lawyer just the same as the hundreds that have been provided bail.

Forum List

Back