Steward Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, speaking breaking through police barricades, there was this news item yesterday, about the first guys to break through: (from WUSA9.com)

-----------------------------------------------------

"On January 6, 2021, prosecutors say James Tate Grant and Ryan Samsel were the first two rioters to charge the police barricades outside the U.S. Capitol. At least two officers were injured in the melee — including one who has needed continuing medical care since then.
Despite facing felony charges of obstruction and assaulting police, Grant was given pretrial release.
Last month, police arrested him outside a North Carolina restaurant. Officers said he appeared intoxicated and had an AR-15 in his vehicle.
"Just kill me now," Grant allegedly told the officers. "It's over."
U.S. District Judge Timothy Kelly concluded Grant wasn't just a danger to others, but possibly himself as well.

"There seems to be a toxic combination of substance abuse problems, alleged mental health issues and repeated access to firearms that poses a really serious threat to the community," Kelly said."
James Tate Grant

Oh, hell......news items about those MAGAHats who attacked our Capitol are always interesting.

Here's another from WUSA9.com.....this one about that moke who threatened his children if they outed him for his January 6th participation. The kids outed him anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"The first Capitol riot trial comes into view. More than a year after the assault on the U.S. Capitol, a Texas man is set to be the first January 6 defendant to sit before a jury. Here's a look at some of the most high-profile trials currently on the books:
  • Guy Wesley Reffitt (2/28) - Reffitt is a Texas Three Percenter accused of felony obstruction, civil disorder and entering restricted grounds with a deadly weapon (a handgun). The DOJ says he also threatened to harm his family if they turned him in, telling them, "Traitors get shot." His son did turn him in, however, and is expected to testify at his trial."
------------------------------------
So much for the over-worn talking point of "There were no guns there"

Y
biden has had experience with putin - & the NK piglet.

the only experience donny had was being vlad's puppet & the second the NK piglet have him some praise & love letters, donny melted. NK got what they wanted - an actual nod & meeting with the US & then went right back to doing what they have been in the way of nukes.

you think biden would be so gullible?

1ed20a7b868c03ac6ef23fa3c6a84d34.jpg

images
Your lies and fantasies are going to eventually get the American people killed if a war breaks out. You think Biden is the same stable individual (if he ever was stable), that he was 12 to 20+ years ago ???? Come on now, tell the truth about your nemesis Biden. The nation is counting on ya... LOL.

And, as long as the OP started the thread about Elmer Rhodes and the Oathkeepers, there is this reportage:

" Oath Keepers Group 1 (4/19) - The first half of the roughly 20 Oath Keepers still awaiting trial on conspiracy and obstruction charges is scheduled to go to trial on April 19. That includes Thomas "Commander Tom" Caldwell and Ohio Oath Keeper leader Jessica Watkins. In theory, that now also includes Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes — indicted last week for seditious conspiracy. However, it's likely Rhodes' recent addition to the case, and the government's decision to slice it up into three separate indictments, could make this date moot. Rhodes was set to appear in court again on Thursday, but that was postponed since he's now in COVID-19 quarantine in a Texas facility. At the moment, there's no pretrial hearing scheduled for the other Oath Keepers in the case.

• Jeffrey McKellop (5/9) - Prosecutors say McKellop, a former U.S. Army Special Forces soldier, threw a flagpole "like a spear" at a U.S. Capitol Police officer — striking him in the face and leaving a permanent scar. McKellop is facing multiple serious felony charges, including assaulting police using a dangerous weapon inflicting bodily injury and civil disorder. With the enhanced penalty for inflicting injury, if convicted of the assault charge, McKellop faces up to 20 years in prison.

I wouldn't put any money on that.

okey dokey.

i've admitted several times on this here board that a good deal of them ended up doing prison time. why would i say that i have voted for them if it wasn't true. take yer MAGA hat off & go find yer critical thinking cap on to figure it out.

want some names? m'k?

joe santopietro

Santopietro v. United States, 948 F. Supp. 145 (D. Conn. 1996)

john rowland

Former Governor Sentenced To 30 Months In Prison For Illegal Activity In Two Congressional Campaigns

& the worst - phil giordano

What did the FBI find with Giordano's Records?
While investigating municipal corruption, the FBI discovered phone records and pictures of Giordano with a prostitute, as well as with her 10-year-old niece and her eight-year-old daughter.
Philip Giordano - Wikipedia

Last edited:
True.

Unlike Trump, Biden knows that Putin is an anti-democratic dictator.

Unlike Trump, Biden knows not to give Kim the attention he craves.
You forget about your nemesis Hillary, Obama, and Biden once playing footsie's with Putin under the table (open mic), and the great reset button and all that evidence of ace kissing in the past don't you derp??

And one more Oathkeeper/MAGAHat that I found interesting.....maybe even amusing, given his mustache.

This guy:

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli (5/23) - The former U.S. Army reservist (and "avowed white supremacist and Nazi sympathizer," per coworkers and the DOJ) is facing felony charges of civil disorder and obstruction of an official proceeding. He's accused of leading part of the mob in advancing against the Capitol using hand and voice signals, and of taking a flagpole that had been thrown at a USCP officer "like a javelin" (see above). Like other riot defendants, if convicted on the obstruction charge, Hale-Cusanelli faces up to 20 years in prison. Civil disorder carries (a modest, by comparison) 5 years in prison.

Timothy Hale-Cusanelli

Y

Your lies and fantasies are going to eventually get the American people killed if a war breaks out. You think Biden is the same stable individual (if he ever was stable), that he was 12 to 20+ years ago ???? Come on now, tell the truth about your nemesis Biden. The nation is counting on ya... LOL.

biden has competent experienced advisors - unlike donny who hired
' only the best ' that proved incompetency or resigned one after the other because of HIS incompetency.

I want to know if the Justice Department will go after any ANTIFA and BLM terrorists on the left, or are they focused solely on conservatives?

First off, there are no anti-fa or BLM terrorists on the left. In fact, none of the "terrorists" arrested during the the summer of 2020, were leftists at all. All of the people arrested for violence, looting and arson were terrorists on the RIGHT trying to discredit the BLM movement. No member of BLM was arrested for ANY illegal activity at all.

biden has competent experienced advisors - unlike donny who hired
' only the best ' that proved incompetency or resigned one after the other because of HIS incompetency.
If you couldn't attack Trump when asked a question, then what would you do ?

I'll ask again, "do you think that Biden is the same individual that he was 12 to 20+ years ago" ??? If not, then should he be representing this COUNTRY ??? I say hell no.

You forget about your nemesis Hillary, Obama, and Biden once playing footsie's with Putin under the table (open mic), and the great reset button and all that evidence of ace kissing in the past don't you derp??

in re: to hillary - why do you think putin did everything he could to get trump installed instead of hillary? he hated the fact that she supported the uprising & protests in russia against him.

he admitted in helsinki - that he wanted trump in.

& as for obama?

pray tell, what exactly happened regarding obama's 'flexibility' with the roooskies, 'eh? you wanna claim happened in that tired ol' video y'all can't seem to bother with the aftermath?

what scandals occurred? please, by all means - source a credible, unbiased link & show the class....

i'll tell you what happened after that exchange:

imposed sanctions, kicked all his ambassadors<coughcoughspies> outa the country & closed down their compounds.

so much for what you claimed.

If you couldn't attack Trump when asked a question, then what would you do ?

I'll ask again, "do you think that Biden is the same individual that he was 12 to 20+ years ago" ??? If not, then should he be representing this COUNTRY ??? I say hell no.

fundamentally - yep.

where & when it counts.

donny isn't - you go back to his earlier days & he's a completely different person - that is except for his fraudulent practices & whoring around.

Y

The left isn't fuelled by lies of a stolen election, or a fantasy USA with whites-controlled government, and a docile and subdued non-white population with no rights and no votes, meeking going along with the police state Republicans have created.

Ain't gonna happen. Trump cultists aside, the American people are smarter and better than that.

"I'll ask again, "do you think that Biden is the same individual that he was 12 to 20+ years ago" ??? If not, then should he be representing this COUNTRY ??? I say hell no."
---------------------------------------------

In my opinion, -----what a naive question.
How old are you poster 'beagle'?

Here's the scoop....NOBODY.....is the same individual they were 12years ago, let alone 20+ years ago.
Are you?
My hope is that you....me.....others......are smarter, more experienced, wiser, more knowledgeable.

I am that.
I know that.
Maybe not as much of those as I would prefer, but....
....but more than before.
More than 12yrs ago. More than 25 years ago.

I hope you too have grown and improved yourself.

Well, as the OP posted about Elmer Rhodes and his merry band of Oathkeepers, let's continue examing the predictment of these 'in-deep-feces' folks.

Today's New York Times has excellent reportage....mostly taken from the documents released this week from the DOJ that offers a timeline on what these KevlarQueens did prior to January 6th. It is an interesting read.

The DOJ paints a pretty damning picture of their intentions and their planning for those intentions.
(FYI.....they were NOT there as 'tourists', or 'demonstrators', or in any sort of 'LoveFest' mood.)

'Seditious Conspiracy' requires the government to show that at least two people conspired to overthrow the government ...or.... delay the execution of a U.S. law. And these 11 ( Rhodes, Meggs, Harrelson, Watkins, Hackett, Moerschel, James, Minuta, Ulrich, Caldwell and Vellejo) are now accused of:
  • Recruiting participants;
  • Organizing training in para-military combat;
  • Cooridinating travel, teams, and logistics
  • Bringing weapons to the Washington DC area in order to carry out the conspiracy.

And the Times pulls from the charging documents these quotes from the Oathkeeper leadership: (FYI --Those Oathkeepers thought all their communications were encrypted. But alas........)

Rhodes: "We aren't getting through this without a civil war....Prepare your mind, body, and spirit".
Rhodes: "I do want some Oathkeeprs to stay on the outside, and to stay fully armed and prepared to go in armed......."
Rhodes: "It will be a bloody and desperate fight. We are going to have to fight. That can't be avoided."

Communications to, from, and by other Oathkeepers --- Meggs, Watkins, Caldwell, were revealed from their encrypted communications.

Elmer Stewart Rhodes...bought arms and ammunition ($22,000+ in the week before January 6th) that were shipped or transported to a designated hotel just across the river in Virginia. There, those arms along with individual arms of various teams, were designated for a 'QRF'....a Quick Reaction Force' under the charge of Ed Vallejo.

Watkins: "Where can we drop off weaons to the QRF team? I'd like to have the weapons secured prior to the OP tomorrow."

Caldwell
: (distributing maps) "These maps walk you from the hotel into DC and east towards the target area on multiple roads..."

On January 6th: 'Most defendants entered the restricted Capitol grounds or the Capitol itself, actions tht were later included as part of the sediton charges. Mr. Vallejo and other remained at the hotel, awaiting a call to bring weapons.'

ps....there have been a gaggle of posts and posters who have asserted that this 'Oathkeeper' stuff is fake news. Charges will be dropped; or suggesting a trial by jury is needed; and/or all will be acquitted.

Well, OK. Those opinions are out there. I get it.

But......but, after reading today's Times' piece, ...my money ain't gonna be wagered on these folks escaping without paying a heavy price in freedom, criminal record, and money.

Betcha.

Oh, do tell us, wise and floppy hatted one. What was its purpose if not to "undermine the power and authority of the US government"? Were they there just to smoke dope and dance around singing Viking love songs? If so, why break through police barricades and into the Capitol building itself?
It was a first amendment right to 'peacefully protest' the election rally, that a splinter group of mixed faction radicals took upon themselves to violate the law.

The majority of the peaceful protesters stayed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back