Steve Martin just ended his career

Comedians need to stick to making fun of white people

Martin was bantering with Twitter followers and turning their grammar questions into jokes when he was asked “is this how you spell lasonia?”

His response: “It depends. Are you in an African-American restaurant or at an Italian restaurant.”

That's it? That's what people are whining about?

For crying out loud people really, really need to grow a thicker skin.

We need an Archie Bunker revival, where everyone is the butt of the joke.

:eusa_hand:

I highly doubt his career is over. Kanye has said stupider and more offensive crap and he is still celebrated for it.

It's a sign of the absurd PC times we live in when a well known comedian has to apologize after telling a joke so people don't get offended. ... :doubt:

Not really. Its call being polite and having some show of contrition so people know you were not being racist. You can tell when people are losers. They think they shouldn't have to apologize for offending someone.

I highly doubt his career is over. Kanye has said stupider and more offensive crap and he is still celebrated for it.

I think Steve Martin's Career was over in 1989, with the release of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels oppossite Michael Caine. It was the last movie he did anyone said anything nice about.

I only see him on Letterman every so often, nothing much else but he should have apologized for that joke. He did, it will be forgotten much like him after awhile.

It wasn't racist or offensive. He said the words african american without prior approval or the blessing of rev al.

Forum List

Back