Stepping up the gender pay gap bs

libs have no choice but to appeal to stupid people to win elections. They appeal to the lowest common denominator, promise other people's money, and outright lie, rely on fraud, etc...

Republican-voters, like all of the above posters STILL don't get it. You will in November :rofl:

Translation: I'm going to talk about something entirely different, and soon everyone will forget the original discussion.

I do not believe there really is a pay gap anymore.

I think that mostly people making this claim are using crap statistical analysis to make the point.

Compare genders with the similar career histories and you might be surprised to learn that now women are doing better than their male coworkers.

Certainly there is no contradicting the fact that women are doing much better in finding middle managment positions in the BIG corporations.

They now outnumber men in those positions (just as they now outnumber men in college, I note)

If you can show me any major company that pays women less for the same tasks I'd be very surprised.'

I have to echo editec's statement. For the past 30 years I have worked in mid-sized or Fortune 500 companies and over 20 of those years were in some sort of management position. Women with the same responsibility level as their male peers have always received equivalent salaries.
As a matter of fact, I currently work for a Fortune 500 company (been there over seven years now) and every 2 years the company has an independent auditor come in and do salary analysis of all employees.

They do this for two reasons.
The first reason is to make sure they are paying comparable wages to the general market for specific job duties. They don't want to lose good employees because they pay less than company X for the same type of work/responsibility. Interestingly enough, just over 5 years ago they learned that they were below market wage for my specific job responsibilities and the approximately 100 of us with that job title received 9-12% salary increases.
The second reason is to make sure that no demographic is underpaid, be that gender, race or ethnicity. They've never had to adjust wages for those reasons.
I work in IT, which is typically a male predominant profession, but my manager is a female and her boss, our director, is also female.

Just a classic case of why there is gridlock in Washington. How are you suppose to compromise with people who have no qualms about lying to your face?

Forum List

Back