Steelers vs. Browns Wild Card

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
COVID-19 has raised its ugly head again and now in the playoffs. Cleveland Head Coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID and will not be permitted to coach the game on Sunday night. I have one word for this and I'm a HUGE Steelers fan...

STUPID!!!

Just another sign of the silliness COVID has caused. Meanwhile in their game last Sunday there was Mason Rudolph sitting on the bench not wearing a mask several times. The players don't wear them on the field, they hug after the game, shake hands, all while not wearing masks, but the coaches get punished and I guarantee you they are healther than they've ever been.

I'm sick of this shit...it's ruining sports BIG TIME. All for something that is truly nothing, just a media scare to force people to follow government rules. Sickening.

COVID-19 has raised its ugly head again and now in the playoffs. Cleveland Head Coach Kevin Stefanski tested positive for COVID and will not be permitted to coach the game on Sunday night. I have one word for this and I'm a HUGE Steelers fan...

STUPID!!!

Just another sign of the silliness COVID has caused. Meanwhile in their game last Sunday there was Mason Rudolph sitting on the bench not wearing a mask several times. The players don't wear them on the field, they hug after the game, shake hands, all while not wearing masks, but the coaches get punished and I guarantee you they are healther than they've ever been.

I'm sick of this shit...it's ruining sports BIG TIME. All for something that is truly nothing, just a media scare to force people to follow government rules. Sickening.

Well, the Special Teams Coach will be officiating on the field but the head coach will still be involved virtually, before and during.

It is what it is. Better this than no games at all. I just hope they let some fans in the stands this week to see the game live in support of the Steelers more like Cleveland had last week.

Steelers are favored to win this one and I think they will grind the Browns up. Then onto the Divisional Round to probably face the Titans which they already beat. Pittsburgh totally shut down Henry.

There's actually a possibility the Steelers could make it to the Conference game and have to face the Missouri Chiefs!

STUPID!!!

Covid is turning out to be a Coinvent Excuse for the NFL
That was the excuse used by Brian Flores why he did not bench the useless Tua and put Fitzpatrick into the Buffalo game..... Now he says the Fitzpatrick test positive for Covid.... I think it was just a bad coaching move,,,

aren't you guys just tired of this crap? No end in sight I can't wait to see the affect on baseball

STUPID!!!

Actually the owners of pro sports ruined the games decades ago,it’s just more obvious now than before because of covid, on the topic,I would have thunk this would be an easy victory for the browns the way the Steelers have played lately but seeing how they almost let the Steelers beat them and then lost to the jets the week before,not so sure,the browns fans can rejoice after being the Cleveland clowns for over two decades at least.I said last year I thought the browns had an excellent chance to be in the playoffs this year.that they were turning the corner.

the thing that baffles me is they beat the good teams like the Titans and ravens but then lay an egg and go out and lose to teams like the jets and Steelers. Why teams play down to the level of their opponentI just do t understand,I never did that when I played sports.I got up for the team no matter who I was playing against,

Last edited:

STUPID!!!

Actually the owners of pro sports ruined the games decades ago,it’s just more obvious now than before because of covid, on the topic,I would have thunk this would be an easy victory for the browns the way the Steelers have played lately but seeing how they almost let the Steelers beat them and then lost to the jets the week before,not so sure,the browns fans can rejoice after being the Cleveland clowns for over two decades at least.I said last year I thought the browns had an excellent chance to be in the playoffs this year.that they were turning the corner.

the thing that baffles me is they beat the good teams like the Titans and ravens but then lay an egg and go out and lose to teams like the jets and Steelers. Why teams play down to the level of their opponentI just do t understand,I never did that when I played sports.I got up for the team no matter who I was playing against,

Through 3/4ths of the total season, the Steelers had a better record than the Chiefs. It'll be no failing on the Brown's part they lose to the Steelers on Sunday. The Steelers never even got a bye week off this year and had to play 3 games in only 11 days to keep everyone else happy at no fault of their own so forgive them if they sacrificed a game to Cleveland to rest up for the Playoffs otherwise they'd be 13-3.

The Browns fans should be under no illusions they are going anywhere this playoff season.

STUPID!!!

Through 3/4ths of the total season, the Steelers had a better record than the Chiefs. It'll be no failing on the Brown's part they lose to the Steelers on Sunday. The Steelers never even got a bye week off this year and had to play 3 games in only 11 days to keep everyone else happy at no fault of their own so forgive them if they sacrificed a game to Cleveland to rest up for the Playoffs otherwise they'd be 13-3.

The Browns fans should be under no illusions they are going anywhere this playoff season.

It sucks that Dupree and Bush were lost for the season but even with those losses the Steelers defense was amazing. When Pittsburgh is on their game, they can play with anyone, no doubt. I thiink the absence of Stefanski will have a major impact. How far the Steelers go with a win is a guess. If the defense can play as I know they can and we get something out of the run game, I believe this team is good enough to reach the big dance.

It sucks that Dupree and Bush were lost for the season but even with those losses the Steelers defense was amazing. When Pittsburgh is on their game, they can play with anyone, no doubt. I thiink the absence of Stefanski will have a major impact. How far the Steelers go with a win is a guess. If the defense can play as I know they can and we get something out of the run game, I believe this team is good enough to reach the big dance.

The guy that replaced Dupree has actually been doing pretty great. Bud looked wonderful last year and this, but sucked eggs before that. I really wonder if he had been holding back his first years and only played well now to get more money in his new contract which of course he has lost now. So that makes me wonder how he would have continued to play next year after getting a new fat contract.

I don't think Bud will be back.

And while Bush was playing great, again, Spillane IMO was playing just about as good as him. I thought Spillane was doing an amazing job as a fill in. And I think he'll be back this week.

The guy that replaced Dupree has actually been doing pretty great. Bud looked wonderful last year and this, but sucked eggs before that. I really wonder if he had been holding back his first years and only played well now to get more money in his new contract which of course he has lost now. So that makes me wonder how he would have continued to play next year after getting a new fat contract.

And while Bush was playing great, again, Spillane IMO was playing just about as good as him. I thought Spillane was doing an amazing job as a fill in. And I think he'll be back this week.
I agree with you. I really like Spillane. Reminds me a bit of Jack Lambert! Yea, given Steelers' track record, I would not expect Bud back either. How long you been a Steelers fan? This is my 48th season!

My first memory:

I agree with you. I really like Spillane. Reminds me a bit of Jack Lambert! Yea, given Steelers' track record, I would not expect Bud back either. How long you been a Steelers fan? This is my 48th season!

My first memory:

At least 50 years. Pretty funny seeing fans jumping out of the stands to celebrate down on the field. They were probably left there and eventually urged to return to their seat. Today, they'd be arrested, given a police record and banned from the stadium.

My first memory:

At least 50 years. Pretty funny seeing fans jumping out of the stands to celebrate down on the field. They were probably left there and eventually urged to return to their seat. Today, they'd be arrested, given a police record and banned from the stadium.

50 years! Dude...you must be an old man like me! o_O You are right...nothing like the old days! My father was actually at that game and a guy sitting next to him was eating a bucket of chicken and figured the game was over and got so excited when Franco made the play he threw his chicken up in the air some landing in my father's lap! :auiqs.jpg:

From 11-0 and top seed in the AFC, they slid to losing 5 of their last 6 games then shot themselves in the collective face losing to the one team they always beat, on home turf, in a game they were highly favored to win, after coming off a week off, highly rested, letting their star players all skip the game the week before to rest up against an opponent that was struck with Covid losing multiple key players, could not practice at their facility (Covid), and whose head coach could not even attend the game because of Covid! It was a game the Steelers couldn’t lose if they showed up and played at all.

So the Steelers HANDED them the game literally doing a face-down bellyflop right out of the gate.

On the VERY FIRST OPENING PLAY of the game, their pro-bowl veteran center snapped the ball so high over 6’ 5” Roethlisberger’s head that jumping up with his arms outstretched he still couldn’t reach it! Running back to the end zone to grab the ball, he and worthless RB Connor both got to the ball then stood there looking at each other who was going to grab it. Ben obviously thought Connor would rightly fall on the ball as he should to protect him from the Cleveland players sure to try to tackle and get it away and that was the body language Connor sent except that when he fell on the ball———— wait for it———— HE MISSED IT, despite the ball just laying there not moving, and Cleveland came in, grabbed the ball away from both these goofs and took it the few more feet in to score an instant TD in the opening seconds of the game!

It was all over after that. Next, Ben threw an interception which Cleveland scored with and by the middle of the 1st quarter, I seriously wondered why they hadn’t pulled Ben from the game. I truly believe Tomlin could have saved the game and their Playoff hopes if he had the sense and the guts to bench Ben and put his back-up QB Rudolph in there! And I hate Rudolph. At least I used to. He looked much better than Roethlisberger the week before.

Of course, with playing like that, it threw the entire team into a fog of discongruity and NO ONE on the team— offense or defense— played worth a damn. There wasn’t a single memorable play by anyone on the whole team. By the end of the 1st quarter, Cleveland was ahead 28-0. It was a symphony of BAD coaching and bad playing.

WAY down by 20 points late in the game and with only one yard to get a first down, they chose to PUNT the ball away instead.

I’ve called for a new QB for many years and new head coach as well which the Steelers simply REFUSE to do, Ben has been washed up for many years and Tomlin stinks as a coach yet here they are.

They got what they deserved.

Only the Steelers could throw for over 500 yards, score 37 points and still manage to be beaten badly by a team with no practice and no head coach. The entire arena and viewing audience were stunned in shocked silence like watching a train wreck in slow motion unable to look away.

The Steelers looked like they were pretty beaten up and needed to rest their key players last week; the problem is that the Steelers NEVER come out of a week off and play well. As with last night, they always return to the game looking like they never even played before, have totally forgotten or never had a game plan and look totally unprepared.

Like yesterday.

From 11-0 and top seed in the AFC, they slid to losing 5 of their last 6 games then shot themselves in the collective face losing to the one team they always beat, on home turf, in a game they were highly favored to win, after coming off a week off, highly rested, letting their star players all skip the game the week before to rest up against an opponent that was struck with Covid losing multiple key players, could not practice at their facility (Covid), and whose head coach could not even attend the game because of Covid! It was a game the Steelers couldn’t lose if they showed up and played at all.

So the Steelers HANDED them the game literally doing a face-down bellyflop right out of the gate.

On the VERY FIRST OPENING PLAY of the game, their pro-bowl veteran center snapped the ball so high over 6’ 5” Roethlisberger’s head that jumping up with his arms outstretched he still couldn’t reach it! Running back to the end zone to grab the ball, he and worthless RB Connor both got to the ball then stood there looking at each other who was going to grab it. Ben obviously thought Connor would rightly fall on the ball as he should to protect him from the Cleveland players sure to try to tackle and get it away and that was the body language Connor sent except that when he fell on the ball———— wait for it———— HE MISSED IT, despite the ball just laying there not moving, and Cleveland came in, grabbed the ball away from both these goofs and took it the few more feet in to score an instant TD in the opening seconds of the game!

It was all over after that. Next, Ben threw an interception which Cleveland scored with and by the middle of the 1st quarter, I seriously wondered why they hadn’t pulled Ben from the game. I truly believe Tomlin could have saved the game and their Playoff hopes if he had the sense and the guts to bench Ben and put his back-up QB Rudolph in there! And I hate Rudolph. At least I used to. He looked much better than Roethlisberger the week before.

Of course, with playing like that, it threw the entire team into a fog of discongruity and NO ONE on the team— offense or defense— played worth a damn. There wasn’t a single memorable play by anyone on the whole team. By the end of the 1st quarter, Cleveland was ahead 28-0. It was a symphony of BAD coaching and bad playing.

WAY down by 20 points late in the game and with only one yard to get a first down, they chose to PUNT the ball away instead.

I’ve called for a new QB for many years and new head coach as well which the Steelers simply REFUSE to do, Ben has been washed up for many years and Tomlin stinks as a coach yet here they are.

They got what they deserved.

Only the Steelers could throw for over 500 yards, score 37 points and still manage to be beaten badly by a team with no practice and no head coach. The entire arena and viewing audience were stunned in shocked silence like watching a train wreck in slow motion unable to look away.

The Steelers looked like they were pretty beaten up and needed to rest their key players last week; the problem is that the Steelers NEVER come out of a week off and play well. As with last night, they always return to the game looking like they never even played before, have totally forgotten or never had a game plan and look totally unprepared.

Like yesterday.
Can't argue with any of that. I was watching Rex Ryan ripping them today on ESPN and ripping JuJu loudmouth. He said exactly what I feel...the Steelers used to come out and play smashmouth. Now they play like wussies. It's sickening. It will be a long time before we see a Steelers team with fire. As much as I like Mike Tomlin and respect his winning ways...it's the mentality part he's not getting. This team needs a solid shot of new mentality and it won't come from Tomlin. Unfortunately, the Rooney's don't believe in firing coaches. Ben's final shot at proving he had something left left with him at Heinz Field last night. He's done. My call would be make a trade for Carson Wentz. That won't happen though.

Can't argue with any of that. I was watching Rex Ryan ripping them today on ESPN and ripping JuJu loudmouth. He said exactly what I feel...the Steelers used to come out and play smashmouth. Now they play like wussies. It's sickening. It will be a long time before we see a Steelers team with fire. As much as I like Mike Tomlin and respect his winning ways...it's the mentality part he's not getting. This team needs a solid shot of new mentality and it won't come from Tomlin. Unfortunately, the Rooney's don't believe in firing coaches. Ben's final shot at proving he had something left left with him at Heinz Field last night. He's done. My call would be make a trade for Carson Wentz. That won't happen though.

I've never liked Tomlin. IMO, he only got to the SB and won XL and XLIII because he still had Cowher's team or a part of it. Then they played the Packers with Tomlin's team and fell flat on their face. It all starts at the top and Tomlin shows me over and over that he does not truly run his team, is NOT a tough head coach willing to do whatever is necessary to get his team ready in order to be liked and his team repeatedly comes out totally UNPREPARED to play.

I'm sick and tired of watching them suck up to Ben letting HIM call the shots and get his way on everything to keep him happy. It drove Lagerrett Blount to leave. It drove LeVeon Bell to leave, it drove James Harrison to quit and it drove Antonio Brown to leave.

If the Steelers had a whit of sense, they would have gotten their QB of the future several years ago. Instead, they renegotiated Ben an even BIGGER contract in a time (several years ago) when he was talking of quitting. Ben is a mediocre QB at best who occasionally finds an epiphany of good playing for short sprints to convince the gullible hopefuls of Pittsburgh he really is a great indispensable QB with occasional bad days.

I've never liked Tomlin. IMO, he only got to the SB and won XL and XLIII because he still had Cowher's team or a part of it. Then they played the Packers with Tomlin's team and fell flat on their face. It all starts at the top and Tomlin shows me over and over that he does not truly run his team, is NOT a tough head coach willing to do whatever is necessary to get his team ready in order to be liked and his team repeatedly comes out totally UNPREPARED to play.

I'm sick and tired of watching them suck up to Ben letting HIM call the shots and get his way on everything to keep him happy. It drove Lagerrett Blount to leave. It drove LeVeon Bell to leave, it drove James Harrison to quit and it drove Antonio Brown to leave.

If the Steelers had a whit of sense, they would have gotten their QB of the future several years ago. Instead, they renegotiated Ben an even BIGGER contract in a time (several years ago) when he was talking of quitting. Ben is a mediocre QB at best who occasionally finds an epiphany of good playing for short sprints to convince the gullible hopefuls of Pittsburgh he really is a great indispensable QB with occasional bad days.

Unfortunately, we the fans can vent all we want but all the control and decision making is with the Rooneys. No doubt they have become complacent.

The Browns looked really good last night. Anyone who thinks they're "not going anywhere" in the playoffs is a fool. They're goin' further than the Steelers!

I hear a lot of people talking about how Roethlisberger just isn't the QB he once was and, well, that's probably true. But the fact of the matter is that the Browns simply outplayed them, and did so rather convincingly...

The Browns looked really good last night. Anyone who thinks they're "not going anywhere" in the playoffs is a fool. They're goin' further than the Steelers!

I hear a lot of people talking about how Roethlisberger just isn't the QB he once was and, well, that's probably true. But the fact of the matter is that the Browns simply outplayed them, and did so rather convincingly...
No on can argue who the better team was last night. That was a given. But the Browns can celebrate all they want. No way do they go to Kansas City and win that game. That would be the upset of the century. They might be better than the Steelers but given how the Steelers played their last six games, that's not saying much.

No on can argue who the better team was last night. That was a given. But the Browns can celebrate all they want. No way do they go to Kansas City and win that game. That would be the upset of the century. They might be better than the Steelers but given how the Steelers played their last six games, that's not saying much.

Hey, the Baltimore Colts were 18 point favorites in Super Bowl III.

The Jets humiliated them by a score of 16-7.

Any given Sunday...

Forum List

Back