Steelers drop their third in a row after an 11-0 start.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
What the hell happened to them, injuries or something ? I haven't been
following too much. That Ravens - Browns game last week was awesome....Cleveland -10 wins - the most in quite awhile I imagine. Mahomes and company 13-1 rolling to a repeat probably....I'm just finding it really hard to picture a Super Bowl being played in an empty stadium.

Here's the Bengals upset earlier....

Bengals were paying 7.60 straight up with a 3rd string QB. I tend to enjoy an underdog bet when their QB is mobile, even though Steelers are solid against the run.

Was a fun game to watch. Early on their dislike for one another was showing.

What the hell happened to them, injuries or something ? I haven't been
following too much. That Ravens - Browns game last week was awesome....Cleveland -10 wins - the most in quite awhile I imagine. Mahomes and company 13-1 rolling to a repeat probably....I'm just finding it really hard to picture a Super Bowl being played in an empty stadium.

Here's the Bengals upset earlier....

I was told today that Brady's old team isn't doing well either..........You know I don't watch football so if inaccurate please don't attack.

I was told today that Brady's old team isn't doing well either..........You know I don't watch football so if inaccurate please don't attack.
If nothing else, Brady is a testament to longevity- now in his 21st season after being the 199th draft pick of NE in 2000, which is a pretty amazing career for any NFL player considering his achievements.

Seems there is a little pride left in some athletes. I missed this hit, though I saw the replay during the game.

Don't dance on a mans team logo! Just listen to the sound.

Steelers can’t catch the ball and their defense has collapsed
They’re going to get knocked out in the first round

I'm just finding it really hard to picture a Super Bowl being played in an empty stadium.
I wont be watching, so the empty stadium will not bother me

Take a knee, break a knee applies to the entire NFL and its Black Lies Matter bullshit, not just the clueless black athletes

Last edited:
Steelers can’t catch the ball and their defense has collapsed

IDIOT. They have one of the best D lines around. The problem with the Steelers is simple:

1. The Steelers arrogantly passed on getting a good RB in the off season hoping to squeeze yet one more year out of the hapless Connor who has yet to play more than one good half season. The guy is always getting injured, now they are running by committee with Snell, Samuels, McCloud and McFarland and getting NO WHERE. The O line opens no lanes to run because they are old. So the Steelers are now reduced to a PASS OFFENSE only.
  2. The Steelers arrogantly gambled on Ben coming back from a career-ending injury AND playing good! Another attempt by the Rooneys to save money. Ben looked good for the first several games but something happened. The running game fell apart, Ben has had no luck with the deep threat. So the defense knows Ben will be passing 50 times a game short dink and dunk passes and they can all crowd the box making it that much harder to run the ball, make deep drives or any red zone threat. Steelers have collapsed to a 1-dimensional, predictable team.
  3. Despite having a half DOZEN excellent WRs, they all keep dropping Ben's throws! How do all these great proven receivers all forget how to catch? THEY DON'T. The problem is in Ben's throwing.

What you're left with is a very limited, predictable team that can't run, can't catch and has no deep threat. Connor was running for the first few games pretty well, Ben was playing better and they LUCKED their way to an 11-0 record with several lucky, ugly wins. The running has evaporated, Ben is done, he's been done for several years, The Rooneys and Tomlin need to face reality, the Steelers need fresh coaching, fresh ideas, a new QB (not Mason!) and a capable running back. Had they faced that reality several years ago, they might actually have an offense now to match their Defense.

I expect the Steelers will BOMB the rest of the season, spiral in, the BROWNS will take the AFC North, the Steelers will fall to 5th or 6th seed and be humiliated in their first playoff game.

Last edited:
I'm just finding it really hard to picture a Super Bowl being played in an empty stadium.

Take a knee, break a knee applies to the entire NFL and its Black Lies Matter bullshit, not just the clueless black athletes
I just like the game and shiny helmets.
The players could be robots for all I care.

I just like the game and shiny helmets.
The players could be robots for all I care.
To each his own

I’m not knocking you for your choice

To each his own

I’m not knocking you for your choice
I feel better now.
0001.gif

Forum List

Back