Steele Says We Shouldn't Be In Afghanistan; Calls It Obama's War Of Choice

Michael_Steele_Muppet.jpg

"Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in. Now take this soup back. It's cold and needs to be reheated."

is that supposed to be Dennis Franz?

Dr Phil

Holy shit! He he looks like both of those guys too. Such dynamic muppet!

this was a war of Obama's choosing.

Say what?

The video was very difficult to understand and the transcript did not give the entire presentation, but how does he lay this at President Obama's feet? Especially with a straight face?

Immie

It's easy. I can lay this at obie wan's feet. Remember his campaign speeches? "Afghanistan is a war worth fighting." Then instead of pulling the troops out he doubled down. It is his war and his choosing. The buck stops in his slippers.

However, you cannot do so in a non-partisan manner. Bush put us there. We would not be there today if it were not for Bush. Whether our being there today is right or wrong, we are there because of President Bush.

To lay this all at President Obama's doorstep is nothing shy of partisan blame pushing.

Immie

If this President delivers on his promises of getting us out of Afghanistan & Iraq by next year,he will be considered an honorable hero by most Americans. He shouldn't flip-flop on these promises. Most of America would rejoice if we got out of Afghanistan & Iraq. There would be some hardcore hold-outs but for the most part America would rejoice. Lets hope he delivers.

Say what?

The video was very difficult to understand and the transcript did not give the entire presentation, but how does he lay this at President Obama's feet? Especially with a straight face?

Immie

It's easy. I can lay this at obie wan's feet. Remember his campaign speeches? "Afghanistan is a war worth fighting." Then instead of pulling the troops out he doubled down. It is his war and his choosing. The buck stops in his slippers.

However, you cannot do so in a non-partisan manner. Bush put us there. We would not be there today if it were not for Bush. Whether our being there today is right or wrong, we are there because of President Bush.

To lay this all at President Obama's doorstep is nothing shy of partisan blame pushing.

Immie
Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing.

I'm fine with this part of the statement.

This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.

This part, however, is a steaming pile of bull squeeze.

Immie

This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.

I'm fine with the entire speech. Who gives a shit what that idiot says?

Immie

The problem I have with that first statement is the attempt to push all blame upon President Obama. It is not whether or not Democrats and Obama supported our efforts, thus making this a war of their choice, it is the obvious effort to shove this off on him alone and exonerate President Bush and Republicans from all blame. If something good comes out of this, do you think Steele will share credit with Dems and Obama? I doubt it.

Immie

He's head of the RNC, that's why one should care. You're downplaying his importance or how bad his comments were.

Immie

The problem I have with that first statement is the attempt to push all blame upon President Obama. It is not whether or not Democrats and Obama supported our efforts, thus making this a war of their choice, it is the obvious effort to shove this off on him alone and exonerate President Bush and Republicans from all blame. If something good comes out of this, do you think Steele will share credit with Dems and Obama? I doubt it.

Immie

It's been the GOP's unstated policy since day one to shove off the blame for all of Bush's failures on Obama so I guess I am used to that by now. At least Steele has a leg to stand on though in this case as Obama's supported keeping the fight up in A-Stan. The second part of his quote though, is just a flat out lie.

He's head of the RNC, that's why one should care. You're downplaying his importance or how bad his comments were.

i think you're overplaying the hand, just as many were over playing pelosi's stupid comments about welfare checks.

It's came down to average Americans don't even care what politicians are saying anymore, because they KNOW they are full of shit and you can't believe anything any of them tells you.

If Steele, Pelosi, Obama, McCain, Reid, or well just about any other political figure you wish to name were to tell me it was raining outside I would have to go look for myself before I would believe them. I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Steele will be out eventually. Although i agree with him on this,he has been a big disappointment overall. Palin is the logical choice to head the RNC. She is aggressive & intelligent and skers the chit out of the Democrats. Steele will go quietly pretty soon. That will be good for the Republican Party.

Immie

Ordinarily I couldn't care less what the guy says but I do give enough of a shit to say how dumb of a statement that is on an anonymous message board.

Ordinarily I couldn't care less what the guy says but I do give enough of a shit to say how dumb of a statement that is on an anonymous message board.

well hell, don't we all do that? make comments on threads we don't really care about?

Steele will be out eventually. Although i agree with him on this,he has been a big disappointment overall. Palin is the logical choice to head the RNC. She is aggressive & intelligent and skers the chit out of the Democrats. Steele will go quietly pretty soon. That will be good for the Republican Party.

I take it you're an Obama supporter. How much is his administration paying you to post this shit?

I take it you're an Obama supporter. How much is his administration paying you to post this shit?

I think he just dips his paint chips in ketchup ....

Say what?

Immie

Immie

You are wrong. Obie wan had two choices, to withdraw or to stay. Not only did he stay he doubled down. It's obie wan's war.

Are you claiming to be a Republican? :lol:

I've been a registered Republican my whole life but parasitic neocon/religious right fucks like you are fucking clueless so when you meet real Conservatives you get so flustered all you can do is scream "Liberal!" because that is your Sheeple Staple response to everything that confuses you.

Good job on trying to deflect on what.....your 3rd post? Lol......

You're whole life? So when you were a baby your family took you down and registered you as a Republican? LOL

You seriously are mentally damaged bro.

I'm a necon? LOL Do you even know what that term means? Obviously not, so let me help you out.

Neoconservatism is a right-wing political philosophy that emerged in the United States of America, and which supports using American economic and military power to bring liberalism, democracy, and human rights to other countries. Consequently the term is chiefly applicable to certain Americans and their strong supporters. In economics, unlike paleoconservatives and libertarians, neoconservatives are generally comfortable with a welfare state; and, while rhetorically supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes.

A) I support bringing our troops home from all over the world and not interfering with other countries
B) Although I allow some compassion into my beliefs I am anti welfare state.

Religious right fuck? Ok, I AM semi religious , but I have never pushed my religious beliefs on anyone. In fact I rarely mention God unless it's specific to the thread.

And you are HARDLY conservative. In fact I have seen you called MANY things, but never conservative.

In fact you know , the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I could make a case that Obama is a neocon. :lol:

When someone says they've been X their whole life most people use common sense to put it in proper context but you're such a pathetic **** you desperately seek even the dumbest shit to bitch.

You are not "semi-religious" you lying fuck. You just got done claiming there is an "all out War against Christianity."

I didn't say you are a neocon. Did you notice the "neocon/religious right" phrase? That "/" symbol means "or."

Where did you get that dumbass snippet about Neocons from?

Steele Says We Shouldn't Be In Afghanistan; Calls It Obama's War Of Choice | TPMDC

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele may be misremembering exactly how and when the Afghanistan war began.

At a Republican Party fundraiser in Connecticut on Thursday, Steele declared that the war in Afghanistan "was a war of Obama's choosing" that America had not "actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in," in a response to an attendee's question about the resignation of Gen. Stanley McChrystal -- which Steele called "very comical."

"The McChrystal incident, to me, was very comical. And I think it's a reflection of the frustration that a lot of our military leaders have with this Administration and their prosecution of the war in Afghanistan," said Steele. "Keep in mind again, federal candidates, this was a war of Obama's choosing. This is not something the United States had actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

Late Update: We asked RNC spokesman Doug Heye for comment -- and it's not quite clear what his answer is to the main questions raised by Steele's remarks.

Wow. Just wow.

You know something sad? There are those who will buy into that....long term memory loss of who brought us to Afghanistan. (BTW, imo, I totally supported Bush on this....totally did NOT support Bush on Iraq)

Forum List

Back