States should be allowed to decide the legality of interracial marriage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
In 1967 the Supreme Court legalized interracial marriage in the U.S. Prior to then, it was up to each state to pass its own miscegenation laws.

There is a growing number of people who believe the federal government should stay out of the institution of marriage and leave it up to the states, myself included. This includes every kind of marriage from traditional to homosexual to interracial.

The federal courts have no business interfering in these matters which are defined largely by a state’s culture, demographics, religious and political leanings. If a state decides to restrict or prohibit miscegenation, that should be the end of it. No federal court or regional circuit court system should overrule any state law.

In 1967 the Supreme Court legalized interracial marriage in the U.S. Prior to then, it was up to each state to pass its own miscegenation laws.

There is a growing number of people who believe the federal government should stay out of the institution of marriage and leave it up to the states, myself included. This includes every kind of marriage from traditional to homosexual to interracial.

The federal courts have no business interfering in these matters which are defined largely by a state’s culture, demographics, religious and political leanings. If a state decides to restrict or prohibit miscegenation, that should be the end of it. No federal court or regional circuit court system should overrule any state law.

:cuckoo:

I agree that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. But I don't make an exception for state. I think marriage should primarily be a religious issue. I don't remember the President or Governer sending me a gift on my wedding day... So why would I want him involved in it during the marriage, or at the end?

Well if they make it illegal they can kiss my ass. I've been married to a Hispanic woman for over 40 years and it ain't nobodies business but ours.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Well if they make it illegal they can kiss my ass. I've been married to a Hispanic woman for over 40 years and it ain't nobodies business but ours.

No, it's your business and the business of Big Brother.

Why do you want government to be involved?

140101703.jpg

Are you just mad that almost all the Kardashians won't have your racist ass? It's not because you are white, it's because you are an idiot.

Wouldn't surprise me if the goddamn GOP attempts to over turn the 13th and 14th amendment next.

The party wants the 18th century.
You need mental help. No cars, no electricity, no medical, no food stores, no housing, yes, you are insane.

you want to relitigate Loving v Virginia, you insane bigoted twit?

no state gets to grant fewer rights than the federal government, the federal constitution and federal caselaw.

white supremacist scum are nauseating.

go back to stormfront, kkk scum

no state gets to grant fewer rights than the federal government, the federal constitution and federal caselaw.

Playing the race card kind of early aren't we? Can't you idiots ever come up with anything else?

Playing the race card kind of early aren't we? Can't you idiots ever come up with anything else?
that doods a racist pile of garbage and should be taken out.

it's really really clear

that doods a racist pile of garbage and should be taken out.

it's really really clear

yes. but I wrote the post so even if he agrees with you, he needed to troll me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back