States Rush To Debate New Vaccine Laws As Measles Outbreak Spreads

Looks like measles kills more people every year than ebola. What a different reaction from the nutters to both diseases.

So just ignore that our immune systems are becoming weaker.
It natures way of eliminating the weak and making our species stronger.
How do you think that the black plague ended without any vaccine or cure?
We have 7,000 to 13,000 die every year from the common cold too.

Many parents don't think that it's a good idea to bundle the vaccines.
We should spread them out and a one day old baby should not get a vaccine until they are at least 3 months old.

We should spread them out and a one day old baby should not get a vaccine until they are at least 3 months old.

Many parents believe many incorrect things.
Now, unfortunately, children are suffering as a result.

Do you have any actual scientific support for the notion that vaccines make immune systems weaker?

And you're notion that the black plague is historically incorrect. Immune systems have not protected humans from the black plague. Even in this century we've had outbreaks. But as was noted above, modern treatment of antibiotics, as well as renal and respiratory support, and chemicals to kill fleas and rodents.

Its the 1%s fault......they should have paid for vaccines for all of central america by now.......

Do you actually read anything that other people post or are you so convinced that you are right that you have become a parrot?

It's a small amount of parents that are not doing it and they have been doing it for 20 years. Now it's the parents fault?
Why is it happening now? It wasn't 15 or 20 years ago and it has been the same low amount of parents that did not get their kids vaccinated.
It could be because of illegals who are not getting their vaccines like the ones who enter legally.

Children get sick and they get over it. To say suffering is a bit over the top there. Miserable for a few days would be a better way to say it.
Not one has died in the USA since these outbreaks.
They are looking into the source of these outbreaks.
The ones in the Amish community was because of missionary's who brought it back to their community from a foreign country, but none of the kids died. It remained contained within that community also.
We need to see what they find in how this is being spread and where it started.

Do you actually read anything that other people post or are you so convinced that you are right that you have become a parrot?

Yes I do. I don't think that you do though, sometimes.
I also do not think I am always right.
I just put my opinion out there.
You are the one who seems to have a problem with conservatives opinion's.
You're always attacking them like you think you are still in the flame zone.

It's a touchy subject because it involves Government dictating what many consider a parenting decision.

Am I confused or are people who WERE vaccinated at a child catching measles? -- I found one report that says roughly 3% of vaccinated people who come in contact with measles will develop symptoms. USA Today reported the health officials in CA believe that number to be 18% -- seems kind of high.

Several state legislatures are debating vaccine-related measures as dozens of people have fallen ill from a measles outbreak that started at Disneyland in December and spread beyond the theme park. Here is a look at some of the legislation around the country:

CALIFORNIA

Three California lawmakers, all Democrats, introduced legislation this week that would require parents to vaccinate their children before they enter school unless the child cannot be immunized because of a medical condition.

Parents would no longer be able to cite personal beliefs or religious reasons to send unvaccinated children to private and public schools. Mississippi and West Virginia are the only other states with such strict vaccine rules, although the California bill's lead author said he would consider including a religious exemption.

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, California is among 20 states that allow for personal belief exemptions and 48 that allow for religious exemptions.

I think public schools can require vaccinations and if there's an outbreak, there should be an investigation to find out which parent lied and they should be prosecuted.
Prosecuted for what?

You do know that measles is a survivable childhood disease, right? You do know that the mortality rate of measles is very, very low.....right?

• Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
  • In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.
  • Measles vaccination resulted in a 75% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2013 worldwide.
  • In 2013, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 73% in 2000.
  • During 2000-2013, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 15.6 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.
WHO Measles

US and CDC. Show me where it is even on the top ten list yet alone a leading cause.

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pdf/leading_causes_of_death_by_age_group_2012-a.pdf

If you want to throw the US in with other countries that have universal healthcare and their people are dying at a rate not seen in the US that is your business.

BTW the black plague ended without vaccination.

http://www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/child/injury/world_report/final_data_3.pdf?ua=1

Under age 1, #10 cause.
Age 1-4, #3 cause.
Age 5-9, #8 cause.
Under age 20, #5 cause.

US CDC not in the top 10 for any age group 2005, didn't have 2004:

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/images/lc-charts/10lc_overall_2005b-a.pdf

It's a touchy subject because it involves Government dictating what many consider a parenting decision.

Am I confused or are people who WERE vaccinated at a child catching measles? -- I found one report that says roughly 3% of vaccinated people who come in contact with measles will develop symptoms. USA Today reported the health officials in CA believe that number to be 18% -- seems kind of high.

you're the genius suggesting we don't inoculate and posting "nobody died of the measles before we had the vaccine." You don't like numbers from unvaccinated populations.... try vaccines.

Again, JFC
Before the age of vaccination

I think public schools can require vaccinations and if there's an outbreak, there should be an investigation to find out which parent lied and they should be prosecuted.
Prosecuted for what?

You do know that measles is a survivable childhood disease, right? You do know that the mortality rate of measles is very, very low.....right?

• Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
  • In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.
  • Measles vaccination resulted in a 75% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2013 worldwide.
  • In 2013, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 73% in 2000.
  • During 2000-2013, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 15.6 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.
WHO Measles

US and CDC. Show me where it is even on the top ten list yet alone a leading cause.

http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pdf/leading_causes_of_death_by_age_group_2012-a.pdf

If you want to throw the US in with other countries that have universal healthcare and their people are dying at a rate not seen in the US that is your business.

Thanks for the CDC link.
It's amazing what a good vaccine program can do.
If you can minimize the anti-vaxer idiots.

Seldom do I get thanked for proving someone wrong, bravo. Maybe measles just ran its course as did the Black Plague and perhaps Polio?

We should spread them out and a one day old baby should not get a vaccine until they are at least 3 months old

Yup. Too many, too soon. Spread them out.

I also do not agree that the parent's decision should be over-ridden by the government.

And yet you ignore that the plague HAS NOT ended and that there is a vaccine for it! Priceless.

Prosecuted for what?

WHO Measles

Thanks for the CDC link.
It's amazing what a good vaccine program can do.
If you can minimize the anti-vaxer idiots.

Seldom do I get thanked for proving someone wrong, bravo. Maybe measles just ran its course as did the Black Plague and perhaps Polio?
Polio did not run its course. Jesus. It was vaccinated into submission.

And yet you ignore that the plague HAS NOT ended and that there is a vaccine for it! Priceless.

I never said one way or the other.
Back then I think it was because of the weather, there are fewer fleas in winter than in summer, therefore when winter began the plague drifted away.
In the late 17th century during the plague outbreak in London, the Great London fire burned down a large percentage of the city, especially those areas where the houses were cheap and built close together. This killed or drove away the majority of rats and the plague left with them.

Back then I think it was because of the weather, there are fewer fleas in winter than in summer, therefore when winter began the plague drifted away.
In the late 17th century during the plague outbreak in London, the Great London fire burned down a large percentage of the city, especially those areas where the houses were cheap and built close together. This killed or drove away the majority of rats and the plague left with them.
Yes, you said it at least twice on this thread.

Yes, you said it at least twice on this thread.

No I didn't, Freewill & Toddsterpatrio brought it up.
All I did was ask the question how anyone thought it ended.

Last edited:

It's a small amount of parents that are not doing it and they have been doing it for 20 years. Now it's the parents fault?
Why is it happening now? It wasn't 15 or 20 years ago and it has been the same low amount of parents that did not get their kids vaccinated.
It could be because of illegals who are not getting their vaccines like the ones who enter legally.

Children get sick and they get over it. To say suffering is a bit over the top there. Miserable for a few days would be a better way to say it.
They are looking into the source of these outbreaks.
The ones in the Amish community was because of missionary's who brought it back to their community from a foreign country, but none of the kids died. It remained contained within that community also.
We need to see what they find in how this is being spread and where it started.

Now it's the parents fault?

Yes, parents who do not get their kids vaccinated are at fault when those kids, and others, get sick.

Yes, the outbreak could be caused by illegals. Build a fence, send 12 million back. Today!
Doesn't excuse the idiocy of the parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids.

Children get sick and they get over it.

Except the ones who die or get permanent damage from it.

Is that what it will take to get the idiots to realize their mistake?

Forum List

Back