starving in Texas

From the linked piece:

But after combining their own money with food assistance and nutrition programs, these residents still face a 21 percent gap in what they can afford to eat and recommended standards for healthy nutrition

Hunger does not mean an inability to meet "recommended standards" for healthy nutrition.

A very large percentage who folks who can afford it don't meet "recommended standards" for healthy nutrition due in part to the American dietary habit of processed ready to eat fast and other foods and the free will choice to consume in such a manner.

I've never seen so many crazy people on one site before.

USMB has certainly cornered a market.

In Texas, 18 percent are facing hunger - San Antonio Express-News

According to a new report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Texas ranks second in the nation in the percentage of people struggling with “food insecurity,” a term that refers to households where members have difficulty meeting their food needs.

In 2010, more than 4 million Texans — 18 percent — either experienced hunger outright or altered their eating patterns to avoid hunger, such as buying less healthy but more filling food.

Read more: In Texas, 18 percent are facing hunger - San Antonio Express-News

I don't know...when we were in Dallas/Fort Worth a few years back, those people walking around didn't look like they'd missed any meals.

This is true, Texas has a Baptist church on almost every corner that will normally feed people. Still, its hard to starve in the USA.

I didnt make a claim I provided facts

No, you didn't. You made a false claim, which was debunked.

Then you made another false claim.

Now you're making yet another.

Do you live your life like this as well? Lie up on lie?

I've never seen so many crazy people on one site before.

USMB has certainly cornered a market.

A monopoly on crazy people?

Now all we have to do is figure out who will buy them.

I am thinking the government is the first place to do a sales presentation.

In Texas, 18 percent are facing hunger - San Antonio Express-News

According to a new report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Texas ranks second in the nation in the percentage of people struggling with “food insecurity,” a term that refers to households where members have difficulty meeting their food needs.

In 2010, more than 4 million Texans — 18 percent — either experienced hunger outright or altered their eating patterns to avoid hunger, such as buying less healthy but more filling food.

Read more: In Texas, 18 percent are facing hunger - San Antonio Express-News
here they are.

Im sure you will JUST DENY the facts again

The way you on the right are reacting to Americans ( many children) starving shows how indiverent you are to them

Soooo...one in six in that county *struggle* to provide food..but only HALF qualify for food benefits.

You do realize that means that more than half of 1 in 6 are far above the federal poverty level????

Forum List

Back