Starting tomorrow in California: Ban on trucks and buses made before 2010

Totally unnecessary to destroy small business like this. Only 10 percent of trucks, they estimate have the engines prior to 2010. As time goes on and smaller businesses are able to upgrade, of course they will. Meanwhile, there still the supply chain problem still has not been corrected... and now prices will go up more. The chain effects from this will cause other people to be laid off of their jobs as well.

Thank you Democrats!.. your so forward thinking and sophisticated... if only you could fuck up Florida and Texas like you are California!...
Less than ten percent of trucks? Well big damn shit then. Sorry, but I am more worried about the thousands of children, exposed to diesel fumes along busy highways, who now face a lifetime of battling asthma than I am some independent truck driver driving some truck with a million miles on it and more than a decade old. If he can't make it financially work without his toxic belching old ass truck he can scrap the truck and get a job at McDonalds.

And don't forget that California wants to export their insanity to the rest of the Country.

This is about gas and pork but after a few minutes he goes into examples of other states that California influences and directs on it's decisions.

The wheels on the bus go round and round round...all the live long commie cocksuckers day.

What an absolute disaster the left. Would be better if a gigantic comet just wiped us all out.

This is a slow long descent into complete commie globalist madness.
I wonder if this will be enforced. Californians always prefer form over substance.

Less than ten percent of trucks? Well big damn shit then. Sorry, but I am more worried about the thousands of children, exposed to diesel fumes along busy highways, who now face a lifetime of battling asthma than I am some independent truck driver driving some truck with a million miles on it and more than a decade old. If he can't make it financially work without his toxic belching old ass truck he can scrap the truck and get a job at McDonalds.
The more small business the government can destroy the better.

Did you invent a story?
It would be nice to invent my daughter-in-law, but alas she exists. Her hybrid car exists. Why was she so foolish as to get a hybrid? Now that's worth inventing. Again, alas, this is California and a hybrid is the kind of virtue signaling Californians like. If I really wanted to invent a story, I would have gone full electric.

It would be nice to invent my daughter-in-law, but alas she exists. Her hybrid car exists. Why was she so foolish as to get a hybrid? Now that's worth inventing. Again, alas, this is California and a hybrid is the kind of virtue signaling Californians like. If I really wanted to invent a story, I would have gone full electric.
I'm even more convinced that you invented the story. Would you like to expand on the story with some specifics on the car and the part needed, so we can check it out?

The more small business the government can destroy the better.
Damn right. The more small businesses that operate inefficiently, externalizing their costs, and laying them on the backs of taxpayers, yep, damn skippy the more you destroy the better.

I mean here we have Billy Bob, he drives a 20 year old semi that gets half the diesel mileage a modern truck does and emits three times the toxins in its exhaust. Yes, shut his ass down because he is costing you and me money, lots of it. Inner city schools, next to busy highways with lots of semi traffic, have a much larger occurrence of childhood asthma. Who the hell do you think pays for their medical care? It's you and me when it should be Billy Bob.

My next door neighbor lost his son a couple of years ago. Asthma was a contributing factor to his death. Less than a mile away is a sawmill and old ass diesel trucks belching smoke go in and out all day long six days a week. That boy spent his entire life breathing in that shit, and it in no small way killed him. But yeah, lets worry about Billy Bob. No, fawk Billy Bob.

My son went to Germany on business a couple of years ago. The biggest thing he noticed, and go figure since he grew up here as well, no old diesel trucks. Their asthma rate is half that of the United States.

This ain't about global warming. This is about air pollution and asthma, which costs the United States over EIGHTY BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. Cutting that by a mere ten percent is eight billion dollars SAVED. This shouldn't be happening just in California, it should be a federal mandate.

Yes, there are some people who want shortages and more people on welfare. These are the same people who celebrate when stores are looted out of existence.

The government should be the ONLY business. Transport of goods only on government trucks. That solves all problems.

I'm even more convinced that you invented the story. Would you like to expand on the story with some specifics on the car and the part needed, so we can check it out?
I will ask. I never paid attention because it is not my car. I am not inclined to either hybrids or electric. Except perhaps the Tesla cyber truck.

I found a four month and counting wait for a part somewhat excessive.

I will ask. I never paid attention because it is not my car. I am not inclined to either hybrids or electric. Except perhaps the Tesla cyber truck.

I found a four month and counting wait for a part somewhat excessive.
You made it up but I can wait for the vinegar stroke if that's the way you want it now.

And fwiw, you're already talking about 'excessive'.

You made it up but I can wait for the vinegar stroke if that's the way you want it now.

And fwiw, you're already talking about 'excessive'.
You caused me to look into the car part issue. The problem is widespread.

Now I feel bad making fun of her and her hybrid.

Forum List

Back