Starting religious debates in the Science and Technology section should at least be discouraged if not outright against the rules of the subforum.

It's a distraction that pollutes way too many threads there. We have a forum for debating religion.
To a point youre right,,in all the evolution discussions when you prove evo is a farce they always bring up god as an option,,,

so evolution should never be in science and tech section,,,

• Banned
It's a distraction that pollutes way too many threads there. We have a forum for debating religion.
To a point youre right,,in all the evolution discussions when you prove evo is a farce they always bring up god as an option,,,

Evolution is an extremely prominent scientific theory. In a truly scientific environment you wouldn't be taken seriously because too much of what scientists understand relies on that theory. Disputing evolution from a position of faith is fine, but it should be done in the religion forum.

Evolution is an extremely prominent scientific theory. In a truly scientific environment you wouldn't be taken seriously because too much of what scientists understand relies on that theory. Disputing evolution from a position of faith is fine, but it should be done in the religion forum.
but its the evos that use religion as an option to their failures of proof,,,

both are religions and both should be posted in religion section,,,

IOW, their faith is getting in the way of you discussing your faith.

• Banned

A theory requires evidence while faith does not. Evolution is a scientific matter even if the theory is ultimately wrong.

A theory requires evidence while faith does not. Evolution is a scientific matter.
There's no evidence that a normally developed animal from any species will mate with a mutant...Believing so is an article of faith.

A theory requires evidence while faith does not. Evolution is a scientific matter.
There's no evidence that a normally developed animal from any species will mate with a mutant...Believing so is an article of faith.

I won't entertain an argument that suggests that one of the most prominent scientific theories operates on no evidence. This isn't the place anyway. Evolution is a scientific matter even if evolution is wrong.

But for the record, we can have people start evolution threads in the religious forum

Correct?

I understand your point but keep in mind that the religion section is meant to debate religion and philosophy. The science section as far as I know is not for debating the legitimacy of prominent scientific theories from a position of faith.

It definitely swings both ways and I agree. I have made threads in the religion forum criticizing people that go there trying to use science like a sword and shield to slay religious people.

There are a handful of folks here who do solicit stimulating discussion with regard to matters of faith and religion, and I do read through those. Generally, I stay away from that kind of topical content, though. As a participant, at least.

Reason being is, 1 - I'm not typically very competent when it comes to those discussions, so I'm in no position to debate that stuff, or even discuss the content, with those who actually are competent and well versed, and 2 - I find that on the Internet, those discussions usually end up like this...

Last edited:
As an aside, one good way to discourage a lot of the mud flinging in that subby is to enforce a rule that people cannot attack the religious beliefs and practices of others. That would go a very long way and it's been effective when employed elsewhere.

But, I mean who wants to police that shit all the time? It's already a full-time job, I imagine, with all the other back and forth romper room stuff.

Forum List

Back