Start Checking Your Bills For ACA Surcharges

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
obamacare-surcharge.jpg

Some restaurant chains are instituting an extra surcharge to your bill to pay for the expense they all have to pay for Obamacare.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Several restaurants in a Florida chain are asking customers to help foot the bill for Obamacare.

Diners at eight Gator's Dockside casual eateries are finding a 1% Affordable Care Act surcharge on their tabs, which comes to 15 cents on a typical $15 lunch tab. Signs on the door and at tables alert diners to the fee, which is also listed separately on the bill.

The Gator Group's full-time hourly employees won't actually receive health insurance until December. But the company said it implemented the surcharge now because of the compliance costs it's facing ahead of the Affordable Care Act's employer mandate kicking in in 2015.

"The costs associated with ACA compliance could ultimately close our doors," the sign reads. "Instead of raising prices on our products to generate the additional revenue needed to cover the costs of ACA compliance, certain Gator's Dockside locations have implemented a 1% surcharge on all food and beverage purchases only."

Links

Restaurants charging Obamacare fee - Feb. 27, 2014

Instead of raising prices on our products to generate the additional revenue needed to cover the costs of ACA compliance, certain Gator's Dockside locations have implemented a 1% surcharge on all food and beverage purchases only."

Food and bev purchases only? What else is there at a restaurant?

They are raising their prices, this is just a marketing gimmick.

Libs would see this as a good thing...
For them there is no such thing as paying too much in taxes.

Instead of raising prices on our products to generate the additional revenue needed to cover the costs of ACA compliance, certain Gator's Dockside locations have implemented a 1% surcharge on all food and beverage purchases only."

Food and bev purchases only? What else is there at a restaurant?

They are raising their prices, this is just a marketing gimmick.

Yeah, that should literally pack em in. :lol:

If Reagan hadn't fucked with the HMO act we'd not be discussing this. Middle-class Republican voters are the problem.

If you think ACA is expensive, anyone know how much the uninsured cost taxpayers every year?

Not really. If one doesn't wish to pay $2.49 for the iced tea, then one doesn't have to order it.

Unlike ObamaCare, in which people are forced to participate against their wills.

If Reagan hadn't fucked with the HMO act we'd not be discussing this. Middle-class Republican voters are the problem.

If you think ACA is expensive, anyone know how much the uninsured cost taxpayers every year?

*crickets*

Repub-voters didn't seem to mind that "stealth tax"

teabagger.jpg

Well, ObamaCare certainly doesn't solve the UNINSURED problem, bub.

All it is doing is churning out people from their INSURANCE THEY LIKED and onto ObamaCare exchanges, as well as increasing Medicaid.

Where are the $2,500 per family savings?

enrollment isn't over with yet "bub"

you people seem to have conveniently forgot about the rocky start that Bushcare had as well

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOkF396WgY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOkF396WgY[/ame]

Last edited:

*crickets*

teabagger.jpg

Where is this tax? Do we get a bill in the mail?

Is it taken out of my paycheck?

Is there an additional sales tax on band-aids?

Pathetic. Reagan had nothing to do with the ACA.

It is Obama, Reid, Pelosi and their Dem hench thugs' fault.

So get a grip, loser.

You are wrong and I'll prove it.

As an employer in 1981 I provided healthcare for my employees. The cost was $120.00/mo per employee.

Then Reagan removed the non-profit component from HMO's eliminating competition.

In 1988 the per month cost rose to $400.00 per month.

Today the cost is $750.00/per month.

The US is number one in cost and 23rd in quality, but the insurance companies continue to make record profit year after year.

Last edited:

*crickets*

teabagger.jpg

The bigger question is how much you've already paid for the uninsured.

Walmart employees along account for how many billion per year?

*crickets*

teabagger.jpg

the cost of the 1000's/millions of uninsured, who went to the ER at the very end of their illness' (the most expensive part BTW) was :up: tacked onto your premiums by the benevolent Health insurance companies.

Pathetic. Reagan had nothing to do with the ACA.

It is Obama, Reid, Pelosi and their Dem hench thugs' fault.

So get a grip, loser.

You are wrong and I'll prove it.

As an employer in 1981 I provided healthcare for my employees. The cost was $120.00/mo per employee.

Then Reagan removed the non-profit component from HMO's eliminating competition.

In 1988 the per month cost rose to $400.00 per month.

Today the cost is $750.00/per month.

The US is number one in cost and 23rd in quality, but the insurance companies continue to make record profit year after year.

That doesn't prove anything regarding the ACA, loser.

Forum List

Back