Standoff: U.S. troops block Russian forces from capturing Syrian oil field

Why the hell are we messing around in that shithole....

Contrary to what was said above Syria IS a sovereign nation and we have no business being there.

YES! That was the point of my very first post.

The government of Syria actually invited the Russians into their state to help them provide security, they didn't invite us.

THANK YOU!

It really makes no difference what we think of the Russians, it is none of our business. That is between the Syrians and the Russians.

1. Syria is not a sovereign state in good standing.
2. The Russians are the bad guys, they took Crimea and two Ukrainian provinces by force.
3. The US is protecting the oil fields for the Kurds and to prevent ISIS and Assad/Russia from using it.
4. What's despicable is your misunderstanding of what happened in Syria regarding ISIS.

Here's a brief refresher:

230px-Near_East_ISIS_controlled_areas-fr.svg.png

Maximum extent of ISIL's territorial control in Syria and Iraq in late 2015.
ISIL territorial claims - Wikipedia

1. Who says, the folks that want their oil and territory? :auiqs.jpg:
2. Crimea has been Russian territory since Catherine the Great. History bro, do you know it?
3. Syrian territory, Syrian Kurds needs to either campaign for someone else or leave.
4. ISIS is a creation of Turkish, Saudi Arabian, Israeli and American intelligence agencies funding, arming and training radical elements in the middle east to achieve their Geo-political and economic policy agenda. Either stop being so naive, or stop knowingly spreading Anglo-American propaganda.

By Protecting Syria’s Idlib, US Created Safe Haven for Baghdadi & ISIS
By Protecting Syria's Idlib, US Created Safe Haven for Baghdadi & ISIS

Pushback: Aaron Maté and Ben Norton discuss Syria war, US withdrawal, Turkish invasion
Pushback: Aaron Maté and Ben Norton discuss Syria war, US withdrawal, Turkish invasion

ShamiWitness: How Bellingcat and neocons collaborated with most influential ISIS propagandist on Twitter
ShamiWitness: How Bellingcat and neocons collaborated with most influential ISIS propagandist on Twitter

Well....no.

"
Russia's Crimea invasion was good for Putin. But five years later, the nationalist glow is gone."
Opinion | Nina Khrushcheva: What Putin's Crimea annexation reveals about authoritarianism

Your boi Obambi allowed it to happen

Obama is not my politician, I never voted for him, I don't give a shit about him.

Russia didn't annex Crimea, they voted to re-join Russia. I am not sure what you are trying to say by this piece, what is your point?

When Catherine the Great Invaded the Crimea and Put the Rest of the World on Edge
When Catherine the Great Invaded the Crimea and Put the Rest of the World on Edge | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Do you always lie?

What, specifically, is the lie? :dunno:

You lie about Russia NOT annexing Crimea. I posted a source, you just replied "Nuh-Uh.

Contrary to what was said above Syria IS a sovereign nation and we have no business being there.

The government of Syria actually invited the Russians into their state to help them provide security, they didn't invite us.

THANK YOU!

It really makes no difference what we think of the Russians, it is none of our business. That is between the Syrians and the Russians.

The Crimean status referendum was a controversial vote on the political status of Crimea held on March 16, 2014 by the legislature of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the local government of Sevastopol (both subdivisions of Ukraine). The referendum asked local populations whether they wanted to join Russia as a federal subject, or if they wanted to restore the 1992 Crimean constitution and Crimea's status as a part of Ukraine. The official result from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was a 97 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83 percent voter turnout, and within the local government of Sevastopol there was also a 97 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 89 percent voter turnout.[a][1]

"After the events of Euromaidan, the referendum was held during a Russian military takeover of Crimea.[3][4] The referendum is not internationally recognized by most countries.[5]"

You don't just get to "vote" to go to a new Country. Russia invaded

2. Crimea has been Russian territory since Catherine the Great. History bro, do you know it?
3. Syrian territory, Syrian Kurds needs to either campaign for someone else or leave.
4. ISIS is a creation of Turkish, Saudi Arabian, Israeli and American intelligence agencies funding, arming and training radical elements in the middle east to achieve their Geo-political and economic policy agenda. Either stop being so naive, or stop knowingly spreading Anglo-American propaganda.

Well....no.

"
Russia's Crimea invasion was good for Putin. But five years later, the nationalist glow is gone."
Opinion | Nina Khrushcheva: What Putin's Crimea annexation reveals about authoritarianism

Obama is not my politician, I never voted for him, I don't give a shit about him.

Russia didn't annex Crimea, they voted to re-join Russia. I am not sure what you are trying to say by this piece, what is your point?

When Catherine the Great Invaded the Crimea and Put the Rest of the World on Edge
When Catherine the Great Invaded the Crimea and Put the Rest of the World on Edge | History | Smithsonian Magazine

Do you always lie?

You lie about Russia NOT annexing Crimea. I posted a source, you just replied "Nuh-Uh.

But that is Anglo-American propaganda.

You are acting like tanks rolled in and took over.

The people of Crimea VOTED to leave Ukraine and JOIN Russia.

They are more ethnically Russian than Ukraine. Why do you not get this? :dunno:

Distribution_of_ethnic_groups_in_Crimea_2001.png

2014 Crimean status referendum
2014 Crimean status referendum - Wikipedia

RAY McGOVERN: Ukraine For Dummies
"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff led off the proceedings with this: “In 2014, Russia invaded a United States ally, Ukraine, to reverse that nation’s embrace of the West, and to fulfill Vladimir Putin’s desire to rebuild a Russian empire…”

Five years ago, when Ukraine first came into the news, those Americans who thought Ukraine was an island in the Pacific can perhaps be forgiven. That members of the House Intelligence Committee don’t know — or pretend not to know — more accurate information about Ukraine is a scandal, and a consequential one.

As Professor Stephen Cohen has warned, if the impeachment process does not deal in objective fact, already high tensions with Russia are likely to become even more dangerous.. . .

<snip>

• March 16, 2014: The official result from the voters in Crimea voted overwhelmingly for independence from Ukraine and to join Russia. Following the referendum, Crimea declared independence from Ukraine and asked to join the Russian Federation. On March 18, the Russian Federal Assembly ratified the incorporation of Crimea into Russia.
  • In the following days, Putin made it immediately (and publicly) clear that Yatsenyuk’s early statement about Ukraine joining NATO and – even more important – the U.S./NATO plans to deploy ABM systems around Russia’s western periphery and in the Black Sea, were the prime motivating forces behind the post-referendum re-incorporation of Crimea into Russia
  • No one with rudimentary knowledge of Russian history should have been surprised that Moscow would take no chances of letting NATO grab Crimea and Russia’s only warm-water naval base. The Nuland neocons seized on the opportunity to accuse Russia of aggression and told obedient European governments to follow suit. Washington could not persuade its European allies to impose stringent sanctions on Russia, though, until the downing of Malaysian Airlines MH17 over Ukraine.. . . "

I was wondering when this was going to happen.

Syria invited the Russians in, not us.

This is most despicable.

In my childhood, I had the illusion that we were somehow the good guys, and the Russians were the bad guys. When did it happen that we became the bad guys?

2. The Russians are the bad guys, they took Crimea and two Ukrainian provinces by force.
3. The US is protecting the oil fields for the Kurds and to prevent ISIS and Assad/Russia from using it.
4. What's despicable is your misunderstanding of what happened in Syria regarding ISIS.

Who gets to decide which sovereign states are in good standing or not?

The country that projects the most military power. That's who. Historically also.

THANK YOU!

The Crimean status referendum was a controversial vote on the political status of Crimea held on March 16, 2014 by the legislature of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the local government of Sevastopol (both subdivisions of Ukraine). The referendum asked local populations whether they wanted to join Russia as a federal subject, or if they wanted to restore the 1992 Crimean constitution and Crimea's status as a part of Ukraine. The official result from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was a 97 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83 percent voter turnout, and within the local government of Sevastopol there was also a 97 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 89 percent voter turnout.[a][1]

"After the events of Euromaidan, the referendum was held during a Russian military takeover of Crimea.[3][4] The referendum is not internationally recognized by most countries.[5]"

. . .well, you know what? I guess that is what you get when the State Dept. funds Nazi's and promote a violent coup. And does it out in the open for the whole world to witness.

So go cry to someone who cares, b/c you know what? Claiming that the US has the moral high ground is bullshit, we started this mess, it is obvious. The voice of the people matter now. My original post and premise was, "when did the USA become the bad guys."

If your response is, the voice of what the people want doesn't matter? Thanks, you just reinforced my point, you admitted you have no problem with us being the bad guys. People don't matter, you are all for us being and supporting totalitarianism.

Screw the will of the people. Use thugs to overthrow their will, and then don't give them a say in their future. NICE.

:113:

Well....no.

"

Do you always lie?

"House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff led off the proceedings with this: “In 2014, Russia invaded a United States ally, Ukraine, to reverse that nation’s embrace of the West, and to fulfill Vladimir Putin’s desire to rebuild a Russian empire…”

Five years ago, when Ukraine first came into the news, those Americans who thought Ukraine was an island in the Pacific can perhaps be forgiven. That members of the House Intelligence Committee don’t know — or pretend not to know — more accurate information about Ukraine is a scandal, and a consequential one.

As Professor Stephen Cohen has warned, if the impeachment process does not deal in objective fact, already high tensions with Russia are likely to become even more dangerous.. . .

<snip>

• March 16, 2014: The official result from the voters in Crimea voted overwhelmingly for independence from Ukraine and to join Russia. Following the referendum, Crimea declared independence from Ukraine and asked to join the Russian Federation. On March 18, the Russian Federal Assembly ratified the incorporation of Crimea into Russia.
  • In the following days, Putin made it immediately (and publicly) clear that Yatsenyuk’s early statement about Ukraine joining NATO and – even more important – the U.S./NATO plans to deploy ABM systems around Russia’s western periphery and in the Black Sea, were the prime motivating forces behind the post-referendum re-incorporation of Crimea into Russia
  • No one with rudimentary knowledge of Russian history should have been surprised that Moscow would take no chances of letting NATO grab Crimea and Russia’s only warm-water naval base. The Nuland neocons seized on the opportunity to accuse Russia of aggression and told obedient European governments to follow suit. Washington could not persuade its European allies to impose stringent sanctions on Russia, though, until the downing of Malaysian Airlines MH17 over Ukraine.. . . "

You don't read well do you? I've shown you Russia invaded and that countries can't just "vote" to become a part of another nation. Are you seriously that ill equipped for this?
"After the events of Euromaidan, the referendum was held during a Russian military takeover of Crimea.[3][4] The referendum is not internationally recognized by most countries.[5]

This is most despicable.

In my childhood, I had the illusion that we were somehow the good guys, and the Russians were the bad guys. When did it happen that we became the bad guys?

Good or bad is a mere relative term and subjective since all parties involved are not innocent. Eventually, russia, iran, and turkey, along with a few others are going to go after israels leviathon fields. Thats what this is about. Our presence has been dwindling and will continue to do so over there .....as it should.

THANK YOU!

. . .well, you know what? I guess that is what you get when the State Dept. funds Nazi's and promote a violent coup. And does it out in the open for the whole world to witness.

So go cry to someone who cares, b/c you know what? Claiming that the US has the moral high ground is bullshit, we started this mess, it is obvious. The voice of the people matter now. My original post and premise was, "when did the USA become the bad guys."

If your response is, the voice of what the people want doesn't matter? Thanks, you just reinforced my point, you admitted you have no problem with us being the bad guys. People don't matter, you are all for us being and supporting totalitarianism.

Screw the will of the people. Use thugs to overthrow their will, and then don't give them a say in their future. NICE.

Tere it is, you hate the US. Now I get it. You don't have any idea as to what you don't know.
We also signed a treaty promising to protect the Ukraine if they gave up their Nukes, they did, Obama didn't do what he should have.

Do you always lie?

<snip>

You don't read well do you? I've shown you Russia invaded and that countries can't just "vote" to become a part of another nation. Are you seriously that ill equipped for this?
"After the events of Euromaidan, the referendum was held during a Russian military takeover of Crimea.[3][4] The referendum is not internationally recognized by most countries.[5]

And I told YOU that if Crimea, a province that was made a part of Ukraine during the Soviet era, is seized by a coup instigated by the U.S., and that Crimea had traditionally been part Russia, and has majority of Russian ethnicity, and they REQUEST help from Russians. . .

You need not be so quick to believe that the province is being invaded, rather, their leaders are ASKING, voluntarily, for Russian assistance.

They WANTED the help of Russia to maintain their security and order, and they voluntarily joined Russia, as was their right after another nation toppled their democratically elected leader. :eusa_doh:

Crimean leader claims control and asks Vladimir Putin for help
The pro-Russian prime minister of Ukraine's Crimea, Sergei Aksenov, claims control of all security services and appeals to Russia's president for help in keeping peace there

NOW. . . . IF there had NOT been a violent coup in Kiev that was staged by the state department and the CIA? Yeah, sure, we would be in agreement.

But. . . this whole argument started when you decided to object with the premise that we are not the good guys here.

This is most despicable.

1. I just showed you above that ISIS took over large swaths of Syria & Iraq. Syria is a failed state. Finders keepers regarding the oil fields.
2. Khrushchev officially gave Crimea to Ukraine in 1954, doesn't NATO have a thing for protecting boundaries?
3. Syrian territory? Crimea was Ukrainian territory, so what?

4. Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia
WTF "Geo-political and economic policy agenda" are you talking about? The Anglo-American forces killed ISIS, duh.

THANK YOU!

Tere it is, you hate the US. Now I get it. You don't have any idea as to what you don't know.
We also signed a treaty promising to protect the Ukraine if they gave up their Nukes, they did, Obama didn't do what he should have.

I don't hate the US.

I actually love my nation more than any other.

The only thing I love more is my family and my community.

We also promised the Russians that we would not expand NATO in to former Warsaw Pact territory, and we have completely encircled them.

I know exactly what is going on.

The global elites are playing a dangerous game, and these elites don't give a shit about my family or my local community.

My small folks are pawns in their international games of power.

You lie and deny truth is what you do.

If we had kept our deals, the Russians would have kept theirs.

WTF did you think was going happen to the Black Sea fleet and The Sevastopol Naval Base when the CIA and State department funded neo-Nazis to engineer a coup? :dunno:

Your claim that Russia invades an area where it owns a navel base? :auiqs.jpg:

And then calling me an America hater for calling you out on your bullshit?

Did you think the Russians were just going to give that strategic base up?

It has nothing to do with me loving or hating the US or not, it has to do with REALPOLITIK and living in reality.

You are just parroting US TEE VEE and talk radio, mindless nationalist talk, and not talking truth.

I DON'T WANT WWIII for these psychopathic globalist elites, be they Neo-liberals or Neo-conservatives, and their never ending quest for power and wealth.

. . . maybe you do. But I am not an idiot sheep.

Do you always lie?

<snip>

And I told YOU that if Crimea, a province that was made a part of Ukraine during the Soviet era, is seized by a coup instigated by the U.S., and that Crimea had traditionally been part Russia, and has majority of Russian ethnicity, and they REQUEST help from Russians. . .

You need not be so quick to believe that the province is being invaded, rather, their leaders are ASKING, voluntarily, for Russian assistance.

They WANTED the help of Russia to maintain their security and order, and they voluntarily joined Russia, as was their right after another nation toppled their democratically elected leader. :eusa_doh:

The pro-Russian prime minister of Ukraine's Crimea, Sergei Aksenov, claims control of all security services and appeals to Russia's president for help in keeping peace there

NOW. . . . IF there had NOT been a violent coup in Kiev that was staged by the state department and the CIA? Yeah, sure, we would be in agreement.

But. . . this whole argument started when you decided to object with the premise that we are not the good guys here.

Son I SHOWED you they were invaded. you need to butch up Sally, I've proven are wrong. I never mentioned whether we were bad or good son. I can tell you this Russia is NOT a "good guy" in any sense of the word. Allow me to remind you, I told you that there are things about this Nation that you have no clue about.

This is most despicable.

1. I just showed you above that ISIS took over large swaths of Syria & Iraq. Syria is a failed state. Finders keepers regarding the oil fields.
2. Khrushchev officially gave Crimea to Ukraine in 1954, doesn't NATO have a thing for protecting boundaries?

WTF "Geo-political and economic policy agenda" are you talking about? The Anglo-American forces killed ISIS, duh.

1. ISIS is a creation of Turkey and the CIA. It is a failed state b/c NATO CAUSED it to fail. This is immoral and evil.
2. Crimea wasn't Khruschev's to give away in the first place. Khrushchev was born on 15 April 1894,[2] in Kalinovka,[3] a village in what is now Russia's Kursk Oblast, near the present Ukrainian border. First? He was practically born there. Second, he was drunk and did it, not by GIVING it to Russia, but by UNITING RUSSIA AND UKRAINE.
3. Fine. Give me a link that PROVE the Kurds are going to use it. :auiqs.jpg: Kurds don't know shit about oil, and have no ability to extract, sell, or ship oil. GTFO of here with that shit.

Trump said himself, we're going in for the oil.

4. I suppose you thought that whole Benghazi thing was based on a video too, eh? If not, then you don't have a clue what is going on. I can't have a discussion with you. You believe in too much bullshit.
The Red Line and the Rat Line
29 Aug 2016

Seymour M. Hersh https://www.transcend.org/tms/author/?a=Seymour M. Hersh
Exposé: Obama, Erdoğan and the Syrian Rebels

THANK YOU!

I don't hate the US.

We also promised the Russians that we would not expand NATO in to former Warsaw Pact territory, and we have completely encircled them.

The global elites are playing a dangerous game, and these elites don't give a shit about my family or my local community.

WTF did you think was going happen to the Black Sea fleet and The Sevastopol Naval Base when the CIA and State department funded neo-Nazis to engineer a coup? :dunno:

It has nothing to do with me loving or hating the US or not, it has to do with REALPOLITIK and living in reality.

You are just parroting US TEE VEE and talk radio, mindless nationalist talk, and not talking truth.

I DON'T WANT WWIII for these psychopathic globalist elites, be they Neo-liberals or Neo-conservatives, and their never ending quest for power and wealth.

"We also promised the Russians that we would not expand NATO in to former Warsaw Pact territory, and we have completely encircled them."

They were not supposed to invade Crimea either but they did.

"

You lie and deny truth is what you do."

I've sourced everything I said kid. I don't lie about anything. Ever.
Tell me , when did our problems start?

"The voice of the people matter now"
You can't "vote" yourself out of a nation.

"Your claim that Russia invades an area where it owns a navel base? :auiqs.jpg:

And then calling me an America hater for calling you out on your bullshit?"

Russia invaded the Ukraine kid, they invaded and annexed the Crimea. You do know they are still fighting in the Ukraine, right? Yours has been the bullshit son, you just like being lapped around for being silly.

"You are just parroting US TEE VEE and talk radio, mindless nationalist talk, and not talking truth."

The fall back position of every out thought Prog. You're losing with every post.

"I DON'T WANT WWIII for these psychopathic globalist elites, be they Neo-liberals or Neo-conservatives, and their never ending quest for power and wealth."

You're going to get it because it will start in Iran.

". . . maybe you do. But I am not an idiot sheep"

I've already fought and bled kid. I harbor no illusions about what war is.

<snip>

Son I SHOWED you they were invaded. you need to butch up Sally, I've proven are wrong. I never mentioned whether we were bad or good son. I can tell you this Russia is NOT a "good guy" in any sense of the word. Allow me to remind you, I told you that there are things about this Nation that you have no clue about.

No, you never showed anything.

All you did is quote the title of an article that disingenuously said, "Russia's Crimea invasion was good for Putin." So you assume that is the reality. I wonder did you even READ that article?

The article itself QUOTES;

". . . . This region had been part of the Russian Empire for centuries — Russians consider it the Christian birthplace of what used to be known as Kievan Russia, a proto-state of Russia and Ukraine. But the Soviet Union had attached Crimea to its Ukrainian republic for managerial purposes, and they remained linked when the U.S.S.R. collapsed. Russians always fretted about their loss of Crimea, and — fast forward 60 years — when Putin returned it to the Russian fold, his then-waning popularity shot from 60 to nearly 90 percent."

It was, is, and always has been part of Russia. As long as NATO and the EU did not expand into Ukraine, the arrangement was fine.

The U.S. and Europe broke it's promises, so Russia took back it's territory. I apologize that you are too obtuse to understand this.

If China were to cause a coup in the Philippians, our former colony, where we have a naval base, do you have any idea what would happen?

eh eh eh? :poke:

THANK YOU!

I don't hate the US.

"We also promised the Russians that we would not expand NATO in to former Warsaw Pact territory, and we have completely encircled them."

They were not supposed to invade Crimea either but they did.

"

You lie and deny truth is what you do."

I've sourced everything I said kid. I don't lie about anything. Ever.
Tell me , when did our problems start?

"The voice of the people matter now"
You can't "vote" yourself out of a nation.

"Your claim that Russia invades an area where it owns a navel base? :auiqs.jpg:

And then calling me an America hater for calling you out on your bullshit?"

Russia invaded the Ukraine kid, they invaded and annexed the Crimea. You do know they are still fighting in the Ukraine, right? Yours has been the bullshit son, you just like being lapped around for being silly.

"You are just parroting US TEE VEE and talk radio, mindless nationalist talk, and not talking truth."

The fall back position of every out thought Prog. You're losing with every post.

"I DON'T WANT WWIII for these psychopathic globalist elites, be they Neo-liberals or Neo-conservatives, and their never ending quest for power and wealth."

You're going to get it because it will start in Iran.

". . . maybe you do. But I am not an idiot sheep"

I've already fought and bled kid. I harbor no illusions about what war is.

:th_believecrap:

This is most despicable.

1. ISIS is a creation of Turkey and the CIA. It is a failed state b/c NATO CAUSED it to fail. This is immoral and evil.
2. Crimea wasn't Khruschev's to give away in the first place. Khrushchev was born on 15 April 1894,[2] in Kalinovka,[3] a village in what is now Russia's Kursk Oblast, near the present Ukrainian border. First? He was practically born there. Second, he was drunk and did it, not by GIVING it to Russia, but by UNITING RUSSIA AND UKRAINE.
3. Fine. Give me a link that PROVE the Kurds are going to use it. :auiqs.jpg: Kurds don't know shit about oil, and have no ability to extract, sell, or ship oil. GTFO of here with that shit.

Trump said himself, we're going in for the oil.

4. I suppose you thought that whole Benghazi thing was based on a video too, eh? If not, then you don't have a clue what is going on. I can't have a discussion with you. You believe in too much bullshit.
29 Aug 2016

Seymour M. Hersh
Exposé: Obama, Erdoğan and the Syrian Rebels

Quick responses:
1. Destroying ISIS is a good thing, not a bad thing. If you support ISIS, you're a bad guy.
2. Khrushchev was a Ukrainian, and he was the boss in the USSR, he gave Crimea to Ukraine, it was theirs, just ask them.
3. Trump is protecting the oil fields for the Kurds. They need the revenue, and if the US leaves the Russians and Syrians, or ISIS, will take the oil fields back. I think its a gift to the Kurds since the Turks moved them away from their Turkish border to create a buffer zone.

U.S. Plan to Guard Syrian Oil Fields Sows Confusion
Trump Is 'Fixated' On Syria's Oil Fields. Here's What's Going On With Them
4. Here is my response that you dodged with a link to an article about the sarin gas being used in Syria and how that stopped Obama's redline. Read the last line again and answer it if you can support your assertion
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia
WTF "Geo-political and economic policy agenda" are you talking about? The Anglo-American forces killed ISIS, duh

Forum List

Back