St Patricks Day

At work today, they asked me why I'm not wearing anything green.

I said that I'm not wearing green because I don't give a shit about St Patrick's day, and I don't have any green clothes.
Furthermore, St Patrick's day is a Irish catholic holiday, I am only partly Irish, and I'm not catholic.

And you might want to back away because I'm from a big city with 300 murders a year and my experience with St Patrick's day, is as bad as any experience I have had with big cities with high murder rates.. I beat the fucking shit out of your Carrot top, Cat lick buddies up in Philly, and I'll beat the fucking shit out you next.

And I shoved him clear across the room so hard that the soda machine got flipped over when he crashed into it.
:)

That was the first, and the last time I was questioned about my clothing today.

I'm suspended tomorrow over what I did to him

Shoulda been fired you halfwit fuck...

But then again, your whole story is a lie.

He recycles the same trashy novel plot over and over.
Funny thing is, this one starts out "at work today", while his last one a week ago described how he got fired.
Oops. It always comes back to bite 'em in the ass.

"Question: "Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?"

Answer: The issue of Catholics praying to saints is one that is full of confusion. It is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholics do not pray TO saints or Mary, but rather that Catholics can ask saints or Mary to pray FOR them. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different than asking someone here on earth to pray for us. However, the practice of many Catholics diverges from official Roman Catholic teaching. Many Catholics do in fact pray directly to saints and/or Mary, asking them for help – instead of asking the saints and/or Mary to intercede with God for help. Whatever the case, whether a saint or Mary is being prayed to, or asked to pray, neither practice has any biblical basis.

The Bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other than God. The Bible nowhere encourages, or even mentions, believers asking individuals in heaven for their prayers. Why, then, do many Catholics pray to Mary and/or the saints, or request their prayers? Catholics view Mary and the saints as "intercessors" before God. They believe that a saint, who is glorified in Heaven, has more "direct access" to God than we do. Therefore, if a saint delivers a prayer to God, it is more effective than us praying to God directly. This concept is blatantly unbiblical. Hebrews 4:16 tells us that we, believers here on earth, can "approach the throne of grace with confidence." "
Is prayer to saints Mary biblical

more at link

Look dood, you're not Catholic. You're not going to make a case against real Catholics who know better with internet searching just because you want to go on believing in a myth.

If I searched this site for your posts I would only find Catholic ones? You never comment on faiths other than your own then?

"Question: "Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?"

Answer: The issue of Catholics praying to saints is one that is full of confusion. It is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholics do not pray TO saints or Mary, but rather that Catholics can ask saints or Mary to pray FOR them. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different than asking someone here on earth to pray for us. However, the practice of many Catholics diverges from official Roman Catholic teaching. Many Catholics do in fact pray directly to saints and/or Mary, asking them for help – instead of asking the saints and/or Mary to intercede with God for help. Whatever the case, whether a saint or Mary is being prayed to, or asked to pray, neither practice has any biblical basis.

The Bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other than God. The Bible nowhere encourages, or even mentions, believers asking individuals in heaven for their prayers. Why, then, do many Catholics pray to Mary and/or the saints, or request their prayers? Catholics view Mary and the saints as "intercessors" before God. They believe that a saint, who is glorified in Heaven, has more "direct access" to God than we do. Therefore, if a saint delivers a prayer to God, it is more effective than us praying to God directly. This concept is blatantly unbiblical. Hebrews 4:16 tells us that we, believers here on earth, can "approach the throne of grace with confidence." "
Is prayer to saints Mary biblical

more at link

Look dood, you're not Catholic. You're not going to make a case against real Catholics who know better with internet searching just because you want to go on believing in a myth.

If I searched this site for your posts I would only find Catholic ones? You never comment on faiths other than your own then?

Hmm... no, I can't think of any. You certainly won't find me lecturing others on what the Qu'ran says, like some wags here.

I tend to limit my posts to topics I know something about, if I'm posting about a topic and not about logic. There are certain topics you'll never find me in for that same reason.

I said that I'm not wearing green because I don't give a shit about St Patrick's day, and I don't have any green clothes.
Furthermore, St Patrick's day is a Irish catholic holiday, I am only partly Irish, and I'm not catholic.

And you might want to back away because I'm from a big city with 300 murders a year and my experience with St Patrick's day, is as bad as any experience I have had with big cities with high murder rates.. I beat the fucking shit out of your Carrot top, Cat lick buddies up in Philly, and I'll beat the fucking shit out you next.

And I shoved him clear across the room so hard that the soda machine got flipped over when he crashed into it.

Shoulda just said because worshipping Catholic patron saints breaks the 1st Commandment.

Shouldn't you start worshipping God at all before you start criticizing the way others worship

Shoulda just said because worshipping Catholic patron saints breaks the 1st Commandment.

Shouldn't you start worshipping God at all before you start criticizing the way others worship

As someone who used to, I know what the rules are and can comment on them much as someone who knows Shakespeares works can teach Shakespeare to others whether they like him or not.

As someone who used to, I know what the rules are and can comment on them much as someone who knows Shakespeares works can teach Shakespeare to others whether they like him or not.

You should read the rule on the mote and beam

I like corned beef and cabbage. I like bagpipes. I like irish tenors. the first Irish tenor I liked was Dennis Day (yup----I am that
old) I love irish songs and dance. I like old irish drunks who tell stories.... It is not clear to me who was "ST PATRICK"------I knew a kid named Patrick as a child-----he got killed in
Viet Nam ---he had red hair and lots and lots of
freckles. May he rest in peace------to be honest he was not such a nice kid but his death saddened me. RIP----Patrick Campbell,,,
American hero

Forum List

Back