Spill baby Spill

Yeah, where are the Army Corp. of Engineers when you need them? Why is the Obama Administration moving so slow? Power Point, phone calls, and back door meetings are just not going to fix this. Maybe it is time to stop campaigning and play Executive. Another crisis made bigger by political indecision. I'm shocked! Where is Anderson Cooper? Why is Obama out there campaigning when he should be out there cleaning the beaches? Get him a shovel! Why hasn't the source of the spill been stopped? Where are the Authorities? We are entitled. We should pass a law. ;););)

Please show me exactly in the Constitution where it states that the Federal Government will help a private business out of a jam like this oil spill?

I don't think it is the Federal Government's responsibility to help the oil companies out of a jam. Nor do I think it is in the constitution that they should be protecting the beaches or the environment, seems to me that that responsibility falls on the states, but Obama and Congress seem to think it is there responsibility and Congress has usurped state authority for so long that they have weakened the states and since no one else is going to do it, I suspect they have to do it.

Immie

The Federal Government has The Navy, The Coast Guard, The army Corp. of Engineers, among other resources. It should be working in conjunction with the States and the Oil Industry to resolve this disaster. God knows they tax this resource to the extreme. Emergency response is either part of the plan or there is a dereliction. Where does thee buck stop Mr. President?

Yeah, where are the Army Corp. of Engineers when you need them? Why is the Obama Administration moving so slow? Power Point, phone calls, and back door meetings are just not going to fix this. Maybe it is time to stop campaigning and play Executive. Another crisis made bigger by political indecision. I'm shocked! Where is Anderson Cooper? Why is Obama out there campaigning when he should be out there cleaning the beaches? Get him a shovel! Why hasn't the source of the spill been stopped? Where are the Authorities? We are entitled. We should pass a law. ;););)

Please show me exactly in the Constitution where it states that the Federal Government will help a private business out of a jam like this oil spill?

You are kidding right? What is needed is action, that is damage control. WTF. Defend and protect. This is an Emergency Response. Would you let a building burn? Who has jurisdiction of those waters? Who is the controlling Authority?

I agree and when everything is said and done, send the bill to Big Oil.

Immie

ohter industries dont matter, just oil.

They cant pull their heads out of Bush's ass even over a year later.
bush-asteroid.jpg

Hows that drilly drilly thing working out for ya?

Why do I get the impression that you are tickled pink at the amount of environmental damage this spill is going to cause? I'm reading your posts in this thread and I get the impression that you are standing before the TV watching the news and jumping for joy at the losses for the oil companies. Have you considered the amount of environmental damage to the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida?

This is not something we should be gleeful over IMHO.

Immie

Maybe now you understand how many of us felt when John McCain and Caribou Barbie thought that another 9/11 style attack would be a good thing for their campaign?

Are you insinuating that I supported McCain/Palin?

Have you read any of my posts over the last two years?

Immie

They will never pay it.

You know it and everyone knows it.

Quit defending industries who are on their way out and trying to scrape every last dollar out of the American people no matter what the damage just so you can protect your politicains jobs

Why do I get the impression that you are tickled pink at the amount of environmental damage this spill is going to cause? I'm reading your posts in this thread and I get the impression that you are standing before the TV watching the news and jumping for joy at the losses for the oil companies. Have you considered the amount of environmental damage to the coasts of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida?

This is not something we should be gleeful over IMHO.

Immie

Maybe now you understand how many of us felt when John McCain and Caribou Barbie thought that another 9/11 style attack would be a good thing for their campaign?

Are you insinuating that I supported McCain/Palin?

Have you read any of my posts over the last two years?

Immie

No, Immie...I am NOT insinuating that. You and I have bickered before and I know exactly where you stood on McCain/Palin. Just making a general statement.

Last edited:

You are kidding right? What is needed is action, that is damage control. WTF. Defend and protect. This is an Emergency Response. Would you let a building burn? Who has jurisdiction of those waters? Who is the controlling Authority?

Immie

We should be interested in the cause first, and rectifying it if possible. What do we learn from it, what can we do to improve the technology, the response to disaster? When we know the who, what, when, where, and how, the could have, would have, and should have, we can look at blame.

They will never pay it.

Quit defending industries who are on their way out and trying to scrape every last dollar out of the American people no matter what the damage just so you can protect your politicains jobs

Who the hell are you talking to?

You are the defender of politicians, not me.

And yes, they would pay it, because it would not be sent as a bill, it would be sent as a fine. Pay for the damage you caused or go out of business.

Immie

dear fucking asshole.

This spill is going to cost this country how much?

Are you suggesting cutting the budgets of the inept Dept of Energy, OSHA, and EPA to pay for it?

What it was like three weeks ago these dunderheads inspected the rig?

Are you a hack or just stupid? This is BP's fault. BP has more money than our Federal Government. This is BP's industry, and who would know better how to deal with this type of accident than BP? Where is BP?

No, you're the hack if you believe that over 17 months into the Obama administration, Bush is still to Blame for poor agency oversight.

And Stupid is allowing massive funding to regulate industry, and then finding out that the SEC (finance industry), or Dept of Energy (oil industry) who is supposed to be enforcing the rules designed to prevent disaster have been witlessly allowing disaster to happen.

Immie

We should be interested in the cause first, and rectifying it if possible. What do we learn from it, what can we do to improve the technology, the response to disaster? When we know the who, what, when, where, and how, the could have, would have, and should have, we can look at blame.

I see what you are saying, but (and maybe you mean this as well) first we need to minimize the damage. We can determine the cause later and rectify it. Right now, however, we need to protect the coastline, and the wildlife that is affected by this.

Immie

They will never pay it.

And yes, they would pay it, because it would not be sent as a bill, it would be sent as a fine. Pay for the damage you caused or go out of business.

Immie

The GOP would NEVER allow such an ultimatum.

They will never pay it.

Immie

So in effect we end up with the Nationalization of the Oil Industry too? Nationalism is not compatible with Federalism. How much do the various Government bodies get per gallon in relation to the oil companies? Where does that money go, if not to police and monitor, regulate, and support? Seems that the Fed should have an interest in the golden goose and it's health.

They will never pay it.

Immie

The GOP would NEVER allow such an ultimatum.

Hack.:happy-1:

Immie

I see what you are saying, but (and maybe you mean this as well) first we need to minimize the damage. We can determine the cause later and rectify it. Right now, however, we need to protect the coastline, and the wildlife that is affected by this.

Immie

I think that you should convert to wind energy immediately, and stay away from plastic.

Soggy - you are absolutly right. BHO supporting the expansion of offshore drilling is just a ploy to get the right and the oil industry off of his back. The expansion will be tied up in years of enviornmental estimates and reports. Left wing enviormentalists will hold it up with lawsuits and petitions. It will be a decade before you ever, if ever, see a single ship going out to begin construction of a new platform. Construction will take years and will be held up by EPA inspections and audits. You will never see any expansion.

TM - Your not very bright are you. The oil industry has done great things for this country! Accidents happen and of course other industries get hurt by it, but to condemn the oil industry! This is just what you libs and enviromentalists have been waiting for! They have had to wait so long since the Exxon accident in Alaska and now you have it! Just as your buddy Emanuel stated here in DC, "..no crisis should go to waste..."! Do me a favor and start thinking for yourself and stop blindly following the left.

Are you suggesting cutting the budgets of the inept Dept of Energy, OSHA, and EPA to pay for it?

What it was like three weeks ago these dunderheads inspected the rig?

Are you a hack or just stupid? This is BP's fault. BP has more money than our Federal Government. This is BP's industry, and who would know better how to deal with this type of accident than BP? Where is BP?

No, you're the hack if you believe that over 17 months into the Obama administration, Bush is still to Blame for poor agency oversight.

And Stupid is allowing massive funding to regulate industry, and then finding out that the SEC (finance industry), or Dept of Energy (oil industry) who is supposed to be enforcing the rules designed to prevent disaster have been witlessly allowing disaster to happen.

Dude you just dont get it do you?

Whos SEC was that?

it was bush and the republicans who ran that SEC.

He even politizied the DOJ for hells sake you fool.

They allowed the industry to GO UNFETTERED as if we had no laws.

It was your ideas that fucked us all.

Republicans got elected saying government can do nothing right and then tried to prove it after they were elected.

No sane person would hire someone for a job who says the job needs to be eliminated because its worthless.

YOU guys were wrong about everything and now want to pretend it was someone else doing it.

Regardless of how one feels on one side or the other about the long term use of fossil fuels, this spill is a tragic event for the marine industry in the gulf and the eco-system for the near term. However I have always thought it a bit ironic for someone to be saying oil production is a bad thing all the while typing away on a product no doubt composed of the very same product base. Accidents happen in oil production and the given the history if major accidents at least on the surface the track record the new one not withstanding seems to be improving. While its a good thing to want altentative sources of energy production one in which I fully support it's a bit misguided to condemn an entire industry on one accident considering we have little choice in near terms but to continue to use the product. So please do continue to talk of the ills of the petro industry on your petro based product.

Navy, Was there anything that should have happened that didn't, in relation to the response to the disaster?

Dude you just dont get it do you?

Whos SEC was that?

it was bush and the republicans who ran that SEC..

No you moron, YOU don't get it.

Where did I say I cared if Bush or Obama was Administering the Federal Government's Bloated, Expensive, and Ineffective Regulatory Agencies?

Niether knows how to do it.

Maybe NO ONE CAN DO IT!

Then WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR IT???

Forum List

Back