Speaking of Operating Systems

You can inform yourself. I wouldn´t use Ubuntu, you pay with your privacy.

Ubuntu Spyware: What to do? — Free Software Foundation — working together for free software
You are familiar with Richard Stallman, right? Of course you're not otherwise you'd have posted that link with a block of salt.
So what is wrong about the article?
It's highly biased. Richard Stallman like Linus Torvalds is not partial towards Canonical or Ubuntu, neither one like proprietary software and think all Linux should be free and opensource. That's where Stallman's "objection" originates from, the proprietary software (drivers, codecs, etc).
Hence I take him with a block of salt........, a large block of salt.
There are also other articles:
Privacy in Ubuntu 12.10: Amazon Ads and Data Leaks

Only the community´s has prompted Canonical to revise the software.
Again, if you say so however;
From your link,
"While some people find this convenient, others find it a violation of their privacy."

Again it's a matter of personal opinion, thanks to the purists there was a backlash that Canonical was forced to address. Notice at no time did I claim Canonical wasn't allowing data to be captured......... What I was addressing is your unsubstantiated claim that Microsucks borrowed it from Canonical, I'm quite sure Microsucks was already working on it at the time. Remember Microsucks had already started it to a small degree in Win 7 which was released a year before Ubuntu Unity.
Why then is Cortana so similar to this dash thing? And people think exactly the same about it.

However, XP was the first OS to spy on you, with the IE toolbar Alexa (maybe Amazon knows it).

You are familiar with Richard Stallman, right? Of course you're not otherwise you'd have posted that link with a block of salt.
It's highly biased. Richard Stallman like Linus Torvalds is not partial towards Canonical or Ubuntu, neither one like proprietary software and think all Linux should be free and opensource. That's where Stallman's "objection" originates from, the proprietary software (drivers, codecs, etc).

From your link,
"While some people find this convenient, others find it a violation of their privacy."

Again it's a matter of personal opinion, thanks to the purists there was a backlash that Canonical was forced to address. Notice at no time did I claim Canonical wasn't allowing data to be captured......... What I was addressing is your unsubstantiated claim that Microsucks borrowed it from Canonical, I'm quite sure Microsucks was already working on it at the time. Remember Microsucks had already started it to a small degree in Win 7 which was released a year before Ubuntu Unity.
Why then is Cortana so similar to this dash thing? And people think exactly the same about it.

However, XP was the first OS to spy on you, with the IE toolbar Alexa (maybe Amazon knows it).
If I was to say they borrowed it I'd say it was from Google's Alexa more than anyone else. Alexa came out a year before Win 10 and I believe Alexa is much more popular than Ubuntu. As for the similarities between Dash and Cortana, we can surmise but without definitive proof..........

From your link,

If I was to say they borrowed it I'd say it was from Google's Alexa more than anyone else. Alexa came out a year before Win 10 and I believe Alexa is much more popular than Ubuntu. As for the similarities between Dash and Cortana, we can surmise but without definitive proof..........
Sure, no proof, but do we need one?
As for Alexa I mean MS´ toolbar for IE coming with SP2 or so in 2004.

From your link,

Yeah, I do otherwise it's pure speculation.

From your link,

It´s simply obvious. And I don´t use Ubuntu or Windows 10, so I don´t mind.

From your link,

"It's simply obvious" is the way conspiracy theories get started.........

Last edited:

Doesn´t mean they are all untrue.

Never said that I said I believe in concrete, undeniable proof that would be admissible in a US court of law. A criminal court of law, the burden of proof is typically much higher.

Never said that I said I believe in concrete, undeniable proof that would be admissible in a US court of law. A criminal court of law, the burden of proof is typically much higher.
This is not a legal issue, though, and nobody gets hurt if one of us is wrong about it. Copying and extending features is a common behavior and I have no doubt. Call it circumstantial evidence.

This is not a legal issue, though, and nobody gets hurt if one of us is wrong about it. Copying and extending features is a common behavior and I have no doubt. Call it circumstantial evidence.
Of course it's not legal issue, that wasn't the point, the point is the burden of proof, it's a comparison of proof. As for circumstantial there has to be other compelling evidence in conjunction with the circumstantial for me to accept it as a high probability.

Of course it's not legal issue, that wasn't the point, the point is the burden of proof, it's a comparison of proof. As for circumstantial there has to be other compelling evidence in conjunction with the circumstantial for me to accept it as a high probability.
Actually, you as a judge are a Ubuntu fan and thus prejudiced. The idea that the evil has copied the good is insufferable.

Actually, you as a judge are a Ubuntu fan and thus prejudiced. The idea that the evil has copied the good is insufferable.
You really need to stop projecting. :rofl:

The reason I said you're projecting is because you are, you completely missed my point, as usual for most on this board. While I really like Kubuntu I'm not all that big on Ubuntu and that said I'm not a Linux or Kubuntu acolyte, like I've said numerous times I really like Windows. Most on this board mistake my intent and/or focus most of the time because most are not nuanced thinkers, most are simplistic black and white thinkers.
As for judgement I was simply stating that the evidence had to be completely irrefutable so much so that even the most devoted acolyte couldn't deny it. What that means is I don't like speculation no matter how and where it's attempted to be rationally applied....., unless I'm just blowing off steam or using it for comedic effect.

The reason I said you're projecting is because you are, you completely missed my point, as usual for most on this board. While I really like Kubuntu I'm not all that big on Ubuntu and that said I'm not a Linux or Kubuntu acolyte, like I've said numerous times I really like Windows. Most on this board mistake my intent and/or focus most of the time because most are not nuanced thinkers, most are simplistic black and white thinkers.
As for judgement I was simply stating that the evidence had to be completely irrefutable so much so that even the most devoted acolyte couldn't deny it. What that means is I don't like speculation no matter how and where it's attempted to be rationally applied....., unless I'm just blowing off steam or using it for comedic effect.
You cannot expect "nuanced" behavior when everyone who doesn´t use terms like Microsucks or M$ is a "Microsoft shill".

You cannot expect "nuanced" behavior when everyone who doesn´t use terms like Microsucks or M$ is a "Microsoft shill".
What do you expect? I haven't undergone the Kolinahr...... yet.......
Besides you haven't figure me out yet? I'm a joker.........

Yes, you are. Joking all the time. Time to do the Kolinahr for everyone on the board :D

Yes, you are. Joking all the time. Time to do the Kolinahr for everyone on the board :D
Live long and perspire.

Live long and perspire.
Under the sun or under the gun?

Live long and perspire.
Preferably in bed with the lover of your choice........

Live long and perspire.
Preferably in bed with the lover of your choice........
I like girls. But I won´t tell your wife...