Speaker Johnson fundraises with typo: ‘I refuse to put people over politics’

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) appeared to get his words mixed up in one of his first fundraising emails since taking the top House job last week.

Johnson capped a standard fundraising message Friday with a new turn on a familiar phrase: “I refuse to put people over politics.”

That apparent mix-up garnered jeers from House Democrats and their allies, eager to go after the new leader.

Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) took an indirect shot at Johnson just after the email made the rounds online Friday afternoon.

“House Democrats will continue to put people over politics,” Jeffries said on X, formerly Twitter. “Why is that an issue for our Republican colleagues?”

Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), also piled on, hitting Johnson for his record on gun control legislation.

“Mike Johnson says the quiet part out loud: ‘I refuse to put people over politics,” the group said on X. “For politicians bought by gun lobbyists, the people are never top priority.”

Johnson’s office referred questions on the email to his campaign team, which did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Maybe it isn't really a typo. Republicans do put politics over people.

Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) appeared to get his words mixed up in one of his first fundraising emails since taking the top House job last week.

Johnson capped a standard fundraising message Friday with a new turn on a familiar phrase: “I refuse to put people over politics.”

That apparent mix-up garnered jeers from House Democrats and their allies, eager to go after the new leader.

Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) took an indirect shot at Johnson just after the email made the rounds online Friday afternoon.

“House Democrats will continue to put people over politics,” Jeffries said on X, formerly Twitter. “Why is that an issue for our Republican colleagues?”

Rep. Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz.), also piled on, hitting Johnson for his record on gun control legislation.

“Mike Johnson says the quiet part out loud: ‘I refuse to put people over politics,” the group said on X. “For politicians bought by gun lobbyists, the people are never top priority.”

Johnson’s office referred questions on the email to his campaign team, which did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Typo or Freudian slip?

Freudian Slip!! :)

sddefault.jpg

‘I refuse to put people over politics’​

^^^ THAT ^^^

Pathetic.

Y'all need to try much harder.

You need to catch up....he's not required to list his bank account....or his house for that matter.
The media was just trying to create a law that he broke. sheesh

m'k ... if you say so. he's still a freak. oh & an election denier. & a fundy christofascist. seems there's plenty to complain about.

Poor bedwetters.

Forum List

Back