Sorry guys, Russia is run by completely idiots and badly needs new system and leadership

Not so much "they", as Putin removed it. And quite gradually, at that. Took him many years to take control of the press.
Gorbachev and Yeltsin thought it was a good idea.

Putin didn't and so they gave it all up like sheep. As a society they never understood the fundamental importance and why it needs to be fought for.

The problem was that Yeltsin didn't punish the KGB, which he should have.
sorry, i dont buy it, do you agree that Moscow empire (in its current borders )can´t function even theoretically ?

gosstat :
The territory of Russia is 17.075.260 square meters. km and mainly lies north of 55 ° N.
Approximately 85% of the territory is not suitable for permanent comfortable living of the population. permafrost (areas of Siberia and the Far East) occupies 60% of the territory of Russia, swamps and wetlands almost 22%, rivers and lakes about 4%. Another part of the land is periodically flooded, part is occupied by mountains and forests, a little under ravines, part under deserts and solonchaks.

According to the State Statistics Committee's report for 2005, in Russia 2.2 million square meters of agricultural land are cultivated or used in agriculture. km, of which only 1.2 million for arable land, 0.2 million square kilometers are occupied by settlements of all types in the country. km, for industrial facilities and for military purposes 0.2 million, for other 0.1 million.
For a happy life, the Russians still have 2.561.289 square meters. km.
This is 15% of the territory ie. real Russia is slightly larger than Sudan, but less than Kazakhstan.
Average temperatures in January, in different regions, from 0 to -50 ° C, in July from 1 to 25 ° C, precipitation falls from 150 to 2000 mm per year.
At temperatures below -5 ° C, the maintenance costs of the infrastructure with each degree below zero increase exponentially.
Snow removal in the thickness of 40 cm in St. Petersburg takes more than 30 days.

Russia accounts for less than 2% of global GDP. The main export items (according to the Federal Customs Service) are gas and oil (70%), primary metals (15%), roundwood (10%), everything else, including equipment, weapons and technology - less than 5%.

According to soil scientists, 17.8% of agricultural land is subject to water erosion, 8.4% of wind erosion, 12.3% of wetlands and wetlands occupy wetlands and wetlands, and saline soils - 20.1%.
The land, not subject to all these misfortunes, in Russia is only 0.91 million square meters. km.
The agricultural season in most of Russia is 2-3 months (in Europe or the US 8-9 months). The average annual yield of cereals in Russia (on non-chernozems) is about 17 centners, in Germany, France and Great Britain (on nonchernozem) - 70 quintals per hectare, in Sweden - 60, in Ireland - 85, in Ukraine (on chernozems) - 24 in all.

The Russian state border stretches for 58,322 km and has 424 border crossings.
The total number of settlements is 157.895, of which more than 30.000 are still without telephone communication.
Most of the 39,000 abandoned villages and settlements are in the Central Federal District, the Northwest, the Far North, Siberia and the Far East.
In Russia only 65% of housing has been gasified.
Up to 75% of Russia's food needs are covered by imports.
78.7% of Russians consider cooperation with law enforcement bodies as unacceptable.
Russia consumes more than 20% of all heroin produced in the world.
The volume of the Russian market of heroin alone is estimated at $ 13 billion annually.
Every day in Russia, 100 people die because of a drug overdose.

In 2009, 786 terrorist acts were committed in Russia. Since the beginning of 2010, already 427.
The flying time of NATO strike aviation from the borders of Estonia and Latvia to St. Petersburg does not exceed 4 minutes, to Moscow - no more than 18.

Life in Russia is satisfied with two categories of people: those who are not in the know and those who are in the share.

63% of Russians with incomes above the national average would like their children to study and work abroad.
35% want their children to live abroad permanently.
At 2.000 vacancies for janitors opened in St. Petersburg in early 2010, there were fewer than 10 applicants.
The proposed salary is 12.000 rub / month.
The increase in the cost of travel in the St. Petersburg metro since 2003 is 35% per year.
Last year, more than 50 tons of explosives were seized at Russian airports.

The average Russian consumes 18 liters of alcohol per year. According to the conclusion of UN experts, the annual consumption of 8 liters of alcohol per capita leads to a serious degradation of the population.
In Russia, a pack of cigarettes can be bought for 30 cents, a bottle of beer, which can be bought at every corner 24 hours a day, is cheaper than a bottle of drinking water.
Only 1% of the water consumed by Russians meets the world quality standards.
in Russia there are 51,230 people who were exposed to radiation as a result of the Chernobyl accident.

The State Duma and the Federation Council meet 12 billionaires, whose overall condition is estimated at 41 billion dollars.
Russia has 62 billionaires with a combined capital of $ 297 billion. Russian billionaires pay the lowest taxes in the world (13%) that their colleagues in France and Sweden (57%), in Denmark (61%) or Italy (66%) %).
26% of Russians have an outstanding loan.
143,000 people were deprived of the right to travel abroad due to problems with their debts.

According to the Rosgosstrakh CSR, in Russia the annual income is more than $ 1 million from 160,000 people, the annual income of more than $ 100,000 has 440,000 families "
1668385007258.png

1668385056389.png

1668385023451.png

___

WTF? You are posting prisoner abuse?
no, its a typical event for moscow colonial army , daily life

"Servicemen may become male prostitutes in the Russian army for various reasons. There are young men who voluntarily offer sexual favors to their homosexual clients; others are forced into prostitution against their own will. Newcomers, especially those who finished higher schools before joining the army, suffer from sexual harassment more often than others. Brave soldiers try to protect their honor and rights, although there is no one to help them: commanders and military officials may often be involved in the sex business too.

“When I was standing on duty, two bullies came up to me and shoved me into the stockroom, a soldier serving at one of Moscow’s military units recollects. "They raped me there in turn. It was very painful and revolting. It didn’t take them much time to finish, but the next day I started noticing other soldiers giving me strange looks. I instantly realized that those bastards let everyone know what they had done to me. An officer came up to me one day and said to me point-blank: “Tomorrow you will to serve two clients.” I knew that if I said “no” then I would spend my last days spitting blood. But still, I told him “no.” When the officer heard that, he pulled out pictures of me being raped in the stockroom. “If you don’t serve the clients, you mother will see these pictures,” said he. I was forced into prostitution,” the soldier said.

Another serviceman, named only as Ilya, became a male prostitute during his second month in the army. The young man received a letter from his girlfriend. “The sergeant told me that day that I would no longer need girls. He and three other men forced me to go behind the barracks to the abandoned construction site. They made me kneel their, tied me up to a lamppost and hit me several times in the groin. The pain was so strong that I lost the will to fight them back. They made me open my mouth and raped me. I don’t remember how long it continued. When I came to my senses I didn’t want to live. I was seriously thinking about committing suicide. I was shocked that the rapists were visiting me regularly afterwards bringing fruit and vodka for me. When it ended they made me a prostitute,” Ilya said.

read more Russian army plagued with sex slavery and male prostitution

Dedovshchina - Wikipedia

"Many young men are killed or commit suicide every year because of dedovshchina.[2][3] The New York Times reported that in 2006 at least 292 Russian soldiers were killed by dedovshchina (although the Russian military only admits that 16 soldiers were directly murdered by acts of dedovshchina and claims that the rest committed suicide).[4] The Times states: "On Aug. 4, it was announced by the chief military prosecutor that there had been 3,500 reports of abuse already this year (2006), compared with 2,798 in 2005". The BBC meanwhile reports that in 2007, 341 soldiers committed suicide, a 15% reduction on the previous year.[5]

Union of the Committees of Soldiers' Mothers of Russia works to protect the rights of young soldiers.

In 2012, a draftee from Chelyabinsk region, Ruslan Aiderkhanov, was raped and tortured to death by his seniors.[6] The one witness who was willing to testify against the alleged perpetrators, Danil Chalkin, was later found shot dead in his military base. A contract soldier, Alikbek Musabekov, was later arrested in this incident.[7]"

Gorbachev and Yeltsin thought it was a good idea.

Putin didn't and so they gave it all up like sheep. As a society they never understood the fundamental importance and why it needs to be fought for.
That's kind of overstating it, and understating the importance of the people who were against that.

You could also argue that Americans freely chose to give up some rights after 9/11. Full body scanners, internet surveillance, etc. Snowden is still an asshole though, and gave secrets to the Russians.

That's kind of overstating it, and understating the importance of the people who were against that.

You could also argue that Americans freely chose to give up some rights after 9/11. Full body scanners, internet surveillance, etc. Snowden is still an asshole though, and gave secrets to the Russians.
We gave up some privacy, not fundamental freedom of speech.

As it became clear to the American elites that the rapprochement of the Russian Federation and China could not be stopped (they themselves were to blame-they should not have treacherously killed Gaddafi), the plan was adopted:
-destroy Russian-EU transits
-Tear off part of the resources of the Russian Federation for the war
-To take the energy markets from the Russian Federation
- Eliminate the Russian thieving bourgeoisie as its agent.

And so far they have succeeded in all the pluses, by other people's deaths. Of the minuses, the global depression and 11% inflation in the United States itself. But they hope to balance along the edge. The main thing for ghouls is to weaken China on the eve of a grandiose collision.

The russian thieving bourgeois (RTB) was conceived under the close supervision of his metropolitan masters. And the only mission of the russian bourgeois was the colonial robbery of Russia and the export of swag to the West. To do this, the russian bourgeois was connected to Western sources of credit.
As soon as it became clear to the metropolises that RTB could start taking swag to Uncle Xi (using Western credit wrappers), russian thieving capitalism was immediately disconnected from Western credit channels and ruthlessly destroyed as a world force. The Russian thieving dealers does not care where to export money, not to invest in his own country, God forbid. How could you even think of such a heresy!

Ceterum censeo fascist Ukraine delendam esse

We gave up some privacy, not fundamental freedom of speech.
Whatever, but giving up free speech wasn't on the ballot in Russia, and neither were the elections fair.

Imagine if elections were not free in the US and there was a dictatorship. It's not impossible to imagine, given the current context. Would you still say "we"?

Whatever, but giving up free speech wasn't on the ballot in Russia, and neither were the elections fair.

Imagine if elections were not free in the US and there was a dictatorship. It's not impossible to imagine, given the current context. Would you still say "we"?
It's about as imaginable as a swift revolution.

We would not be We if we let such order stand.

The biggest problem of Russia it allowed former communists and KGB officers to stay in power
There were neither lustrations nor tribunal for Communism so incompetent thievish communists continue their evil work until now.
The stupid war going on since more as 8th months, Russia is about to lose everything it has
Putin & co must gotta go, their corrupted systems shall be replaced by the Free Christian Republic ( not a system like failed 'democracy' ) like USA in 19th century
Russians are conservative, they will never accept LGBTQ, wokeness and another sh...
But the idea of low taxes, small government, liberty, freedom, traditional values and moral and free practicing of Christian religion ( not only created by KGB Putin's church ) can woo Russians
Russia has huge territorial. Sharing it among citizens and allowing economical freedom can make it prosperous, no wars would be necessary

By the way Russia has more in common with USA ( especially red states ) as with woke EU so new leaders shall rethink their relationship again
You meant the US.

Forum List

Back