Soros, Ford shovel $196 million to 'net neutrality' groups, staff to White House

No matter how wrongly evil you imagine net neutrality to be, what Comcast and the other providers are wanting to do is worse. Please educate yourself on this issue from a more neutral source than some cable company bought and paid for bullshit. It's they that want to turn the internet into something other than it already is, it is they who are seeking to make it more expensive and it is they who want to treat different websites differently.

11 billion in new taxes, according to one FCC commissioner, who do you think is going to pay that?
So, that 11 billion will, in reality, morph into 100 billion. Anyone with any brain cells at all knows that kind of money IS the REAL reason for net neutrality.
Of course it will. An then we will need to spend billions on internet infrastructure "for the children". All the while the monopolies are sitting back just waiting for their big government pay day.

Because government control isn't for sale to the highest bidder right? You fucking moron.
Tell me how making cable companies treat every website as equal is government control? Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?
You seriously did not just fucking post that shit. How is the government making cable companies treat all websites the same not government control? You are actually confused by this?

As for the second part yes, cable companies get to pick and choose what they have available and at what speeds. The consumer in turn gets to choose another carrier that does more for their needs. That's how capitalism works. Once you have net neutrality the government will decide your speed and content and you will have no other choices.
Bullshit most of the country has no real choice in carriers and must take what monopoly happens to control their area. As to enforcing neutrality, compare it to the web version of equal rights, I know conservatives generally hate equal rights so I guess it comes naturally to want to create an internet caste system where the small fry cannot possibly become an Amazon or Ebay.[/QUOTE]

The FCC supposedly already did that in 2010, why all the secrecy, in direct violation of law now.

Last edited:
Look at it this way, the people who are experts on the internet and how it works advocate almost exclusively for net neutrality while the only people who want to strike it down are big cable companies, their pet politicians and people who really have not bothered to fully educate themselves on this issue.

Look at it this way, the people who are experts on the internet and how it works advocate almost exclusively for net neutrality while the only people who want to strike it down are big cable companies, their pet politicians and people who really have not bothered to fully educate themselves on this issue.
You mean like this guy?

You want to see a net neutrality idiot in action Here he is. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yeah, he's a real winner and right on top of shit.

$196 million can't begin to compete with the Koch's and Adelson money.

Damn fool RWs will fall for this and we'll all pay more and get less.

10882091_1540496739563186_6283945883971788574_n_zps8qip2tta.jpg

The FCC supposedly already did that in 2010, why all the secrecy, in direct violation of law now?

FCC vote on the revised definition of "Net Neutrality" is tomorrow, Feb. 26. We spoke out in our millions against the FCC's original "net neutrality" regulatory scheme, so let's see what happens.

What is Net Neutrality?
Net Neutrality is the Internet’s guiding principle: It preserves our right to communicate freely online. This is the definition of an open Internet.

This topic reminds me of Obamacare. They scream they want it, but wait til they see what they really get...

I wonder how long it will take for at least a few to break from the pack...

This topic reminds me of Obamacare. They scream they want it, but wait til they see what they really get...

How many of the supporters actually think they are going to get faster and cheaper internet? Bunch of rubes.

Just wait for it. And the libs think everything will be 'neutralized' in their favor. Wait til another party takes the reigns.

How many of the supporters actually think they are going to get faster and cheaper internet? Bunch of rubes.

I don't care that much about "cheaper" as long as we see speed commensurate with price. Overall we're one of the slower countries in the industrialized world when it comes to Internet speed. Alberta has new laws extant that all new business buildings must include in their architectural schemes upgradeable fiber/optic Internet access with beau coup speed & bandwidth, just one more big perk attracting American high tech business north of the border. There's so much pork we need to rid ourselves of in this country, and so many communications & infrastructure issues we need to get on soon. I have no doubt America can do anything we set our minds to, we just need to get off the couch and do it.

Just wait for it. And the libs think everything will be 'neutralized' in their favor. Wait til another party takes the reigns.

And it will go the same way.

Let's say you have a site selling Widgets. Another much richer Widget Company wants you to be frozen out so they pay extra to the various carriers so that they get more bandwidth than you get. In fact, your site is blocked from one carrier to another. In order to get it where I can use Verizon to access, say, RoadRunner you have to pay each and every provider to allow that to happen. If left alone, this may become a reality. In fact, what the Cable Company wants is exactly that.

Net neutrality means that they can't do a slowdown or a block on your site for your widgets. And they can't add more bandwidth to the rich site by charging them extra. And only the Government can enforce such a thing as that. If you let Corporate America unchecked it will figure out a way to make more money at everyone's expense and only the ones that pay extra will get a fair deal.

No matter how wrongly evil you imagine net neutrality to be, what Comcast and the other providers are wanting to do is worse. Please educate yourself on this issue from a more neutral source than some cable company bought and paid for bullshit. It's they that want to turn the internet into something other than it already is, it is they who are seeking to make it more expensive and it is they who want to treat different websites differently.
Because government control isn't for sale to the highest bidder right? You fucking moron.
Tell me how making cable companies treat every website as equal is government control? Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?

Because not every website deserves the same access......if fewer people go to certain websites it isn't up to the government to keep them going.......and you can bet that content control is on the rules list...

Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?

You understand that this is exactly what is going to happen.....cable companies that pay the right politicians are going to be able to lord over their customers...right now you have more freedom......tomorrow...after that vote and the new rules.....you are going to have less freedom on the internet......They like the China model....do you?

Look you can't pull the wool over my eyes. When this first became a topic of conversation I studied it and it is much more than that, but that is what they want people to believe. And either you have fallen for it, or you also wish to deceive.

Let's say you have a site selling Widgets. Another much richer Widget Company wants you to be frozen out so they pay extra to the various carriers so that they get more bandwidth than you get. In fact, your site is blocked from one carrier to another. In order to get it where I can use Verizon to access, say, RoadRunner you have to pay each and every provider to allow that to happen. If left alone, this may become a reality. In fact, what the Cable Company wants is exactly that.

Net neutrality means that they can't do a slowdown or a block on your site for your widgets. And they can't add more bandwidth to the rich site by charging them extra. And only the Government can enforce such a thing as that. If you let Corporate America unchecked it will figure out a way to make more money at everyone's expense and only the ones that pay extra will get a fair deal.

Your joking right....that is exactly what they plan on doing with these new laws......they are using "New Speak" when they use the word "Neutrality" they are lying....they are going to decide who gets what depending on who pays which politicians more.......Why do you think Comcast supports this crap......look at who is lobbying for this....

You seriously did not just fucking post that shit. How is the government making cable companies treat all websites the same not government control? You are actually confused by this?

As for the second part yes, cable companies get to pick and choose what they have available and at what speeds. The consumer in turn gets to choose another carrier that does more for their needs. That's how capitalism works. Once you have net neutrality the government will decide your speed and content and you will have no other choices.
Bullshit most of the country has no real choice in carriers and must take what monopoly happens to control their area. As to enforcing neutrality, compare it to the web version of equal rights, I know conservatives generally hate equal rights so I guess it comes naturally to want to create an internet caste system where the small fry cannot possibly become an Amazon or Ebay.[/QUOTE]

I know conservatives generally hate equal rights

Republicans/conservatives freed the slaves, and fought jim crow, and helped women get the right to vote........yeah we know about equal rights........and giving the state control over the internet will not be anything about equal rights.......

Forum List

Back