Soros, Ford shovel $196 million to 'net neutrality' groups, staff to White House

Look at it this way, the people who are experts on the internet and how it works advocate almost exclusively for net neutrality while the only people who want to strike it down are big cable companies, their pet politicians and people who really have not bothered to fully educate themselves on this issue.

Yeah...name those experts.....and how much did they give to obama....

$196 million can't begin to compete with the Koch's and Adelson money.

Damn fool RWs will fall for this and we'll all pay more and get less.

10882091_1540496739563186_6283945883971788574_n_zps8qip2tta.jpg

Can we please do that.........democrats...please....leave us alone.......

FCC vote on the revised definition of "Net Neutrality" is tomorrow, Feb. 26. We spoke out in our millions against the FCC's original "net neutrality" regulatory scheme, so let's see what happens.

What is Net Neutrality?
Net Neutrality is the Internet’s guiding principle: It preserves our right to communicate freely online. This is the definition of an open Internet.

That isn't what this is ....we have that now....the government will decide who has too much access and who too little.....funny, but the IRS determined which groups were deserving of 501c3 status...and it wasn't conservative groups......

Wow...do you idiots realize that the big cable companies are paying for "Net Neurtrality".....?

Net Neutrality

Net Neutrality Protection for More Americans: Comcast’s transaction with Time Warner Cable will bring Net Neutrality protection to millions of new customers in cities from New York to Los Angeles. An open Internet stimulates competition, promotes innovation, fosters job creation, and drives business. Comcast is the only Internet service provider in America bound by full Net Neutrality rules, ensuring an open Internet and protecting customers.

RECOMMENDED STORIES
  • Sept. 15, 2014: COMCAST FILES OPEN INTERNET REPLY COMMENTS, David L. Cohen. "Comcast is committed to maintaining an open Internet and we support the FCC adopting new, strong Open Internet rules under section 706 of the Telecommunications Act."

Do you idiots really think this is going to make the internet more free and better................you guys......no wonder you still think communism is a good idea................how did you survive to adult hood.....

Just wait for it. And the libs think everything will be 'neutralized' in their favor. Wait til another party takes the reigns.
This topic reminds me of Obamacare. They scream they want it, but wait til they see what they really get...

I wonder how long it will take for at least a few to break from the pack...
How many of the supporters actually think they are going to get faster and cheaper internet? Bunch of rubes.
I think Trey Gowdy warned them about that.

It is sooooo funny how you anti corporate, occupy wall streeters....are supporting Comcast and their control of the internet....do you guys ever, ever think things thru............

The Libards can't stand freedom. They have to control the Internet for social justice reasons. They call it "neutrality".

We are going to let them fuck us all. We will give up our freedom to them because we are too weak and stupid to stop them. Besides, we don't want to be accused of being politically incorrect, would we?

Just wait for it. And the libs think everything will be 'neutralized' in their favor. Wait til another party takes the reigns.
This topic reminds me of Obamacare. They scream they want it, but wait til they see what they really get...

How many of the supporters actually think they are going to get faster and cheaper internet? Bunch of rubes.
I think Trey Gowdy warned them about that.

Yes...it was rubes like this who believed the Jews on the trains were simply being relocated.........

Wow...do you idiots realize that the big cable companies are paying for "Net Neurtrality".....?

Net Neutrality

Net Neutrality Protection for More Americans: Comcast’s transaction with Time Warner Cable will bring Net Neutrality protection to millions of new customers in cities from New York to Los Angeles. An open Internet stimulates competition, promotes innovation, fosters job creation, and drives business. Comcast is the only Internet service provider in America bound by full Net Neutrality rules, ensuring an open Internet and protecting customers.

RECOMMENDED STORIES
  • Sept. 15, 2014: COMCAST FILES OPEN INTERNET REPLY COMMENTS, David L. Cohen. "Comcast is committed to maintaining an open Internet and we support the FCC adopting new, strong Open Internet rules under section 706 of the Telecommunications Act."

Do you idiots really think this is going to make the internet more free and better................you guys......no wonder you still think communism is a good idea................how did you survive to adult hood.....
They know they can become the government's monopoly and favorite people with tax subsidies and all the benefits that come from it.

Because government control isn't for sale to the highest bidder right? You fucking moron.
Tell me how making cable companies treat every website as equal is government control? Also tell me how letting the cable company pick and choose what their customers can access and at what speed is supposed to be better than what we have now?
You seriously did not just fucking post that shit. How is the government making cable companies treat all websites the same not government control? You are actually confused by this?

As for the second part yes, cable companies get to pick and choose what they have available and at what speeds. The consumer in turn gets to choose another carrier that does more for their needs. That's how capitalism works. Once you have net neutrality the government will decide your speed and content and you will have no other choices.
Bullshit most of the country has no real choice in carriers and must take what monopoly happens to control their area. As to enforcing neutrality, compare it to the web version of equal rights, I know conservatives generally hate equal rights so I guess it comes naturally to want to create an internet caste system where the small fry cannot possibly become an Amazon or Ebay.
You want to do away with the monopolies, then get government OUT of the broadband and cable industries. THAT will foster more choices alone.

Are you kidding me? Many Americans have no choice in ISPs as we speak. "Getting government out" would create the very monopolies that you don't like. Or I assume you don't like.

I vote Republican....not because I like them, or because they will do what I want....because obviously they aren't doing that.....I vote for them solely for the purpose of keeping democrats out of power.......I know...it is the lesser of two evils but that is all we have....

Where are the Republican Grant and Sherman....the last Republicans who knew how to defeat democrats.....well, we did have Reagan.......but he was one man.......

I don't care that much about "cheaper" as long as we see speed commensurate with price. Overall we're one of the slower countries in the industrialized world when it comes to Internet speed. Alberta has new laws extant that all new business buildings must include in their architectural schemes upgradeable fiber/optic Internet access with beau coup speed & bandwidth, just one more big perk attracting American high tech business north of the border. There's so much pork we need to rid ourselves of in this country, and so many communications & infrastructure issues we need to get on soon. I have no doubt America can do anything we set our minds to, we just need to get off the couch and do it.
Good thing you don't care about cheaper because that's not going to happen. How much more does Alberta pay for internet access?

I don't care that much about "cheaper" as long as we see speed commensurate with price. Overall we're one of the slower countries in the industrialized world when it comes to Internet speed. Alberta has new laws extant that all new business buildings must include in their architectural schemes upgradeable fiber/optic Internet access with beau coup speed & bandwidth, just one more big perk attracting American high tech business north of the border. There's so much pork we need to rid ourselves of in this country, and so many communications & infrastructure issues we need to get on soon. I have no doubt America can do anything we set our minds to, we just need to get off the couch and do it.
Good thing you don't care about cheaper because that's not going to happen. How much more does Alberta pay for internet access?

But....they use that money to pay for sucky health care.......

When somebody in power promises you more freedom they are usually planning on screwing you some way or another, especially when it is the government.

Just think that Obama promised more freedom with Obamacare. He was lying. Anybody that believed him was a fool as Johnathan Gruber said.

Internet Packages High Speed Internet Provider Cogeco Ontario
Here is some pricing from within Canada. OH, what we have to look forward to!

They know they can become the government's monopoly and favorite people with tax subsidies and all the benefits that come from it.

Lets not forget the all the social justice crap that goes with being a government's monopoly. After all we don't want to be "unfair" to any Democrat voting block and we don't want those evil Tea Party guys getting into the picture.

All we will have will be access to BET.

Yeah.....we may have to pay more....but so will all those greedy rich guys.....that's what the libtards say...isn't it....they would rather drag the successful down....than try to lift themselves up.....

Yea but their corporate tax rate is wayyyyy below ours. Companies aren't moving up there just for the hell of it.

You put in the little Fascist Soros puppet Obama

so now you are ALL going to pay for it

Liberal philanthropist George Soros and the Ford Foundation have lavished groups supporting the administration’s “net neutrality” agenda, donating $196 million and landing proponents on the White House staff, according to a new report.

And now, as the Federal Communications Commission nears approving a type of government control over the Internet, the groups are poised to declare victory in the years-long fight, according to the report from MRC Business, an arm of the conservative media watchdog, the Media Research Center.

The Ford Foundation, which claims to be the second-largest private foundation in the U.S., and Open Society Foundations, founded by far-left billionaire George Soros, have given more than $196 million to pro-net neutrality groups between 2000 and 2013,” said the report, authored by Media Research Center’s Joseph Rossell, and provided to Secrets.

“These left-wing groups not only impacted the public debate and funded top liberal think tanks from the Center for American Progress to Free Press. They also have direct ties to the White House and regulatory agencies. At least five individuals from these groups have ascended to key positions at the White House and FCC,” said the report which included funding details to pro-net neutrality advocates.

Soros Ford shovel 196 million to net neutrality groups staff to White House WashingtonExaminer.com

I don't know exactly what the Obama Klown Kar has in mind, but I would bet it will mean a few things:

1 - Internet access will cost paying users (i.e., folks with jobs) more, probably much more
2 - Conservative voices will be muffled, the lunatic left will be given a bullhorn
3. Internet sevices will cost more ($)
4. Website licensing ($)
5. Government approved equipment will be required ($)
6. Quality of service will deteriorate costing websites business ($)

Once again, the farmer (i.e., big government) has frightened the sheep with tales of the Big Bad Wolves, and herded them right into his slaughterhouse.

If this plan to give the federal government control over the internet is so good, why are they refusing to release the details?

So, evil people are doing what one should expect from evil?

Huh... how positively SHOCKING!

Forum List

Back