Sometime In My 50s, I Became Invisible.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
https://archive.vn/Cfn6J#selection-30001.0-30001.83

I didnā€™t notice at first. Itā€™s hard to sense the lack of a thing, like when you donā€™t realize your headache is gone until an hour after it starts to recede.

Itā€™s not like Iā€™d ever been a head-turner. Reasonably attractive, Iā€™ve never stood out in the ways that make people either excited or uncomfortable. But I was pleasing enough (and pleasant enough) that Iā€™d gather grins and glances.

But somewhere in my early 50s, people just stopped noticing me.
I started to have to say ā€œHello?ā€ at the register to get the cashierā€™s attention. As I repeated my coffee order, I could see their eyes moving past me, lighting on younger, bolder, more interesting people.
ā€œThis is it,ā€ I thought. ā€œIā€™ve become invisible.ā€

Small damn wonder. If I was working the register I would say. Excuse me old man, why you so upset?

Fk865UtagAAzV6w_jpeg-2651723.JPG

Welcome to the party bitch, time was not kind to you.....Most everyone joins the ranks of "the invisible" by and by, you are nothing special.

Her choice that she works for one of the Fake News publications.

Cannot be any fun mixing with that corrupt bunch .

I have spent my life involved in highly visible endeavors , at 65 I am comfy with my invisibility.
Most men (if they consider it at all) are fine with it.

Any cop will tell you that the youngin's have a terrible time describing old people.

"I don't know officer he was just old".

Me....I see it as a advantage. ;)

get over it, yeah you can still do things but it cannot replace being 21 again. Especially if you still had the memories of living up to 50 years.

The never can answer question - What might my life be if I had done this and not have did that.

Worst case scenario - if you done that then you might not live to be 50.

Most men (if they consider it at all) are fine with it.

Any cop will tell you that the youngin's have a terrible time describing old people.

"I don't know officer he was just old".

Me....I see it as a advantage. ;)
Your spelling wanes. Worse than a kindergartners.

I didnā€™t notice at first. Itā€™s hard to sense the lack of a thing, like when you donā€™t realize your headache is gone until an hour after it starts to recede.

Itā€™s not like Iā€™d ever been a head-turner. Reasonably attractive, Iā€™ve never stood out in the ways that make people either excited or uncomfortable. But I was pleasing enough (and pleasant enough) that Iā€™d gather grins and glances.

I started to have to say ā€œHello?ā€ at the register to get the cashierā€™s attention. As I repeated my coffee order, I could see their eyes moving past me, lighting on younger, bolder, more interesting people.

Small damn wonder. If I was working the register I would say. Excuse me old man, why you so upset?

Welcome to the party bitch, time was not kind to you.....Most everyone joins the ranks of "the invisible" by and by, you are nothing special.
She would look better if she were invisible.

Being ā€invisibleā€ has advantages.

From the article it appears that she has issues with family at Christmas. I have never quite understood the reluctance people have of being alone on holidays.

get over it, yeah you can still do things but it cannot replace being 21 again. Especially if you still had the memories of living up to 50 years.

The never can answer question - What might my life be if I had done this and not have did that.

Worst case scenario - if you done that then you might not live to be 50.
Well it galls the ladies of that age no end that men in their 50s (if they have kept themselves up) can pull 20-something Thot-tail pretty darn easy.....They are not looking for a mom, they are looking to get laid. ;)

She has a butch haircut and a sourpuss face that can stop a train and she wonders why nobody flirts with her?

:dunno:

Sometimes it is what it is. :aargh:

Did that one ever look good? Yikes!

I got dyke friends that don't look that dykey. Ay yi yi!

At your size and in a bright "Safety Yellow" shirt like that, I don't think visibility is the problem.

LOL....That's not me, just some guy they used as a example how not to wear a tin-foil hat....It was said that it had poor coverage. ;)
Thanks for the clarification.:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back