Someone just blew up Ukraine’s Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant and took out a major dam

I meant the evidence of recent strikes. In the day or immediately before the dams collapse. Ukraine was hitting the dam last fall at the times of the Kherson offensive operation to disrupt Russian supply routes.
A dam usually doesn't collapse within a couple of days or weeks upon having been hit with artillery and HIMARS - it actually would take month. I did not state that the Ukrainians had hit the dam some days or weeks ago - but that:
Ukrainian Field-commander, Major-General Andrij Kowaltschuk had already admitted several weeks ago towards previous artillery fire and the additional use of HIMARS to damage the three sluice gates....

It looks to me like they tried to destroy the turbines but didn't know what they were doing was the wrong way to go about it.

The transmission is a much better way....it would require a very small charge. Or they could have destroyed the outer windings in the alternators....again a very small charge would have been sufficient.

This isn't structural damage to the dam itself- it's just a bridge over the spillway. But it's definitely fucked up and not usable.
kakhovka road surface.jpg
From my previous post. This was a HIMARS strike on August 10, 2022. I do seem to recall this better now- the Russians patched the road and were still moving some vehicles across, and that's why Ukraine targeted the little bridge over the locks in September.

I really don't see how any of the previous strikes could have contributed. This was the power plant being blown to smithereens. Seismographs in Romania put the explosion at 2:54 a.m. on June 6.

Russia: "We didn't blow up the dam, but it's totally cool to shell the civilians in Kherson trying to escape the flooding"

Sure.
Odd that they didn’t blow the damn when the Ukies were in the middle of crossing during their fearsome “counteroffensive”, right? All this does is delay the inevitable Ukie “counteroffensive”

Odd that they didn’t blow the damn when the Ukies were in the middle of crossing during their fearsome “counteroffensive”, right? All this does is delay the inevitable Ukie “counteroffensive”
I never claimed they AFU was going to start the offensive in Kherson, and no, it won't delay it either.

A dam usually doesn't collapse within a couple of days or weeks upon having been hit with artillery and HIMARS - it actually would take month. I did not state that the Ukrainians had hit the dam some days or weeks ago - but that:
Ukrainian Field-commander, Major-General Andrij Kowaltschuk had already admitted several weeks ago towards previous artillery fire and the additional use of HIMARS to damage the three sluice gates....
Did this information emerge after the dam had collapsed? This reminds me some form of propaganda.

I spend some time every day on news and have seen such info neither from Ukrainian sources nor Russia milbloggers.

Like the german nazis, the ukrainian nazis. are ready to take the whole world with them to the grave. And even more than that. Hitler had nowhere to run, today's ukrainian nazis have masters and patrons in the West and prepared warm places to live, so they don't care about Ukraine.
MANY Nazis escaped to warm places and it's arguable that even Hitler may have too...and that his corpse was actually someone who looked very similar. The "Hitler look" was truly en vogue at the time. Many sought to copy it and if a guy's face already had the same shape in addition to the signature hair and mustache, its very feasible that after being disfigured by a gunshot and other trauma it might be hard to discern the identity..

A peace deal dumb ass

Dumbass what deal could there possibly be, if the neither side would possibly agree to terms?

Russia wants Crimea and four other eastern regions that it declared "Russia forever", Ukraine wants it all back.

What would they possibly agree on??

Get a fn clue.

Last edited:
About what?

Russia wants to annex Ukranian territories, Ukraine says hell no and has the means to take it back.

What is there to discuss?
You left out the part about those area were supposed to vote on their fate before the CIA decided to intervene on the side of the Ukrainian Nazis

Did this information emerge after the dam had collapsed? This reminds me some form of propaganda.
Satellite image shows the Kakhovka dam on the Dnipro River near Nova Kakhovka in Ukraine, October 18, 2022. Maxar Technologies/Handout via REUTERS Nov 6 (Reuters) - Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam was damaged in shelling by Ukrainian forces, Russian news agencies reported on Sunday, citing emergency services.

Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam damaged in shelling

www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraines-russian-held-nova-kakhovka-dam-damag

Ukraine's Russian-Held Nova Kakhovka Dam

2022-11...
WebNov 6, 2022 · (Reuters) - Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam was damaged in shelling by Ukrainian forces, Russian news agencies reported on Sunday, citing emergency services.

Satellite image shows the Kakhovka dam on the Dnipro River near Nova Kakhovka in Ukraine, October 18, 2022. Maxar Technologies/Handout via REUTERS Nov 6 (Reuters) - Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam was damaged in shelling by Ukrainian forces, Russian news agencies reported on Sunday, citing emergency services.

Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam damaged in shelling

www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraines-russian-held-nova-kakhovka-dam-damag

Ukraine's Russian-Held Nova Kakhovka Dam

2022-11...
WebNov 6, 2022 · (Reuters) - Ukraine's Russian-held Nova Kakhovka dam was damaged in shelling by Ukrainian forces, Russian news agencies reported on Sunday, citing emergency services.
I already said that Ukraine was hitting the dam last fall as part of the efforts to cut Russian supply routes at the times of Kherson offensive operation. So, I don't get what you are trying to prove me.

I already said that Ukraine was hitting the dam last fall as part of the efforts to cut Russian supply routes at the times of Kherson offensive operation. So, I don't get what you are trying to prove me.
This is what you just had stated to me:

I spend some time every day on news and have seen such info neither from Ukrainian sources nor Russia milbloggers.

Don't play moronic behavior with me - you can do much better, - thanks.

Now it's just going crazy out there with the reports......

such as Russians were trying to extort money from Ukraine and using the dam as leverage...when Ukranians said "GFY" the Russians blew the dam.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Whatever reason it was the Russians....obviously. they just are trying to not pay the consequences of their actions.

This is what you just had stated to me:

Don't play moronic behavior with me - you can do much better, - thanks.
Damn it. Read my post 258 again.

Forum List

Back