Some San Francisco residents may receive $5 million in reparations after Board expresses ‘unanimous' support

OK, I‘m not going to have time to delve into this with you as much as I like - I’m preparing for a busy day tomorrow - but for the sake of argument, what do you think of bringing blacks up to the level of the average net worth of a white person?

I posted the link that shows the average net worth of whites is $160,000. (You’re right - the average skews high because of some ultra-rich people, but let’s just go with it for now.) What about $16,000 per family for 10 years?

Because the last thing you’d want to do is drop a lot of money all at once and turn blacks into jobless, lazy people who will never contribute an ounce of effort to society.

Good post.

I'm not an economist, so I couldn't tell you what the right formula is. I'm pretty sure it's not $5 million per head, lol. I don't think we disagree there.

But if we were to do a deeper dive and if academic research hypothesized that maybe low-interest business loans to certain people of color who were likely not to fuck things up with their privilege, or free technical training, or whatever were to have some value, I'd be okay with it.

Using that logic...current day blacks can take it up with their african captures or their ancestors owners...all of whom are long dead.

I suppose they could, but actually the truth is that slave importation did not account for most of the slave population. Most of the slaves in the United States were bred. It was like farming mink.

No argument.

I just don't see how that translates into current day blacks (who were never slaves) demanding free money that never ends :dunno:
I still say that lowering admissions standards for blacks since the 1970s - enabling them to get into programs and schools that they would have been rejected from if white - is a form of reparations, and much superior to a handout of money. But it’s time for this too to end, and it will with the SCOTUS decision in June.

It was never constitutional, but exceptions were made. It is now time to honor the Constitution and prohibit racist admissions decisions.

I still say that lowering admissions standards for blacks since the 1970s - enabling them to get into programs and schools that they would have been rejected from if white - is a form of reparations, and much superior to a handout of money. But it’s time for this too to end, and it will with the SCOTUS decision in June.

It was never constitutional, but exceptions were made. It is now time to honor the Constitution and prohibit racist admissions decisions.

Right, because America was a meritocracy from 1619 until around 1960 when the first African Americans were admitted to state universities in the South. And LBJ's stroke of the pen reversed hundreds of years of mandated substandard education, red lining, neighborhood covenants, convict leasing programs, Lynchings, and slavery.

Right, because America was a meritocracy from 1619 until around 1960 when the first African Americans were admitted to state universities in the South. And LBJ's stroke of the pen reversed hundreds of years of mandated substandard education, red lining, neighborhood covenants, convict leasing programs, Lynchings, and slavery.
That’s in the past. For the last two generations, blacks have been given priority over whites. And that means that whites were rejected, despite better qualifications, to make room for blacks paid the price.

Rejecting innocent whites to give opportunities to blacks who are less qualified isn’t fair to the innocent whites, and it’s been going on for 50 years. Any blacks who did not take advantage of decade after decade of favoritism to get into Ivys, to get admitted to med school or law school, missed their chance. Grandoa had his chance,….then Dad had his chance….and now grandson is getting his chance.

Thank Gd this affirmative action wasn’t in place when my dad when to college, or he might have lost his chance to move out of poverty in order to allow a black with much worse grades and scores to get in ahead of him. Why shouldn’t my dad have had a chance (as he did)? Why should he have remained stuck in poverty so a less-qualified black could get his college spot?

If the United States didn't exist until 1776, then what were they fighting for in 1776?

They were fighting the tyranny of the British. People were being taxed so heavily the literally starved to death. If the brits liked your house they took it & kicked your ass out in the cold.

They were fighting the tyranny of the British. People were being taxed so heavily the literally starved to death. If the brits liked your house they took it & kicked your ass out in the cold.

The USA were British colonies...slave-owning colonies. American history didn't begin in 1776.

Oh for fucks sake! The brits saw us as british colonies...we did not.

What language do we speak - American?

We imported parliamentary governance.

We imported constitutional law.

Our civil code is influenced by Anglo-Saxon common law.

I could go on.

Maybe you get it, maybe you don't. I don't care.

Talk about California leading the way in stupid!

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors met Tuesday in official discussions on reparations, with $5 million payments on the table for every eligible Black adult in the city.
If even one cent of Federal money is used to finance this ever sane tax payer in the US should sue the shit out of San Francisco. Everyone in SF has gone batshit crazy.

Respectfully, take it up w/ Stalin. This is a story about Americans deciding whether or not to acknowledge America's mistreatment of American minorities.

Black people were brought over here in bondage, and then deliberately bred for the purposes of being human property. And then after that, they were systematically targeted for apartheid and oppression. For the majority of this country's history, Black people have been subjugated.
African tribes supplied the slaves and Arab traders are the ones who sold them to Europeans. When they pay their part then I'll agree with reparations.

Talk about California leading the way in stupid!

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors met Tuesday in official discussions on reparations, with $5 million payments on the table for every eligible Black adult in the city.
Vote buying schemes with the taxpayer's money never ends with the Demonic-rat's. People in Cali should be in the streets by the million's protesting such idiocy. Undoubtedly the citizen's of California are under some kind of demonicrat spell that is simply dragging that state straight into hell. Newsoms idiotic bull shite undoubtedly is something that he hopes would catch on like one of California's fires, and then burn through the entire COUNTRY. There is no end to Democrat evilness. Once your eyes are opened, there's no turning back.

Last edited:
emsjksjskskekmsmsms.jpeg

Forum List

Back