Some San Francisco residents may receive $5 million in reparations after Board expresses ‘unanimous' support

Well that's what constitutions and courts are for.
Uh ok, so you are opposed to the reparations correct, otherwise in your opinion it needs to be defeated in court because it's not supported by our constitution in the manor that it is being done or being concocted right ??

You know, and we all know that it's a pandering crock of shite, and a vote buying scheme right ? Right.

San Franciscans line up at board meeting to sing and shout their support for a reparations plan to give every black resident $5M, wipe personal debt, provide $97K incomes and homes for just $1 - and no one asks how the city will foot the bill.

I wonder it they will riot if they don't get what they want.

The scary thing is if they actually manage to pass this, people will expect it, and when it falls apart due to lack of funds, or court proceedings there will be some very angry people thinking they are owed lots of money.
I can't wait to see the shit-fit by the people that find out they don't qualify...lol

According to what I've heard of this plan, to qualify, potential recipients will have to provide documentation proving they're descended from a slave. I'm sure they could lift that requirement, but that's how it stands as of right now.

How many black folks actually possess such documentation? Very, very few I'm sure.

Uh ok, so you are opposed to the reparations correct,

I'm opposed to SF's proposed reparations, yes, because it doesn't seem like an economically feasible or politically wise proposition.

I'm not opposed to some limited, reasonable form of reparations, though I probably would label it something else so as not to trigger fragile whites. We've paid out - still do pay out -reparations to people harmed by American policies. Reparations is not a new idea.

otherwise in your opinion it needs to be defeated in court because it's not supported by our constitution in the manor that it is being done or being concocted right ??

If the courts say it's unconstitutional, then I have no recourse regardless of what I believe. I accept that (most of the time).

You know, and we all know that it's a pandering crock of shite, and a vote buying scheme right ? Right.

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't care.

I can't wait to see the shit-fit by the people that find out they don't qualify...lol

According to what I've heard of this plan, to qualify, potential recipients will have to provide documentation proving they're descended from a slave. I'm sure they could lift that requirement, but that's how it stands as of right now.

How many black folks actually possess such documentation? Very, very few I'm sure.
Exactly, and then the watch dog's best keep a sharp eye on the money that don't get spent, otherwise if by some unholy reasoning such a shady bill gets passed.

I should move there and say I have black ancestors. 5 million dollars would be worth the effort.

Exactly, and then the watch dog's best keep a sharp eye on the money that don't get spent, otherwise if by some unholy reasoning such a shady bill gets passed.
Oh, you know a significant amount of that money is going into the pockets of community organizers and activists.

Oh, you know a significant amount of that money is going into the pockets of community organizers and activists.
Exactly, just like with every other wealth transfer scheme these demonic-rat devil's are always up to in life. What I would like to know is when will the conservative GOP get their spine back, and get the ball's to FINALLY call these knucklehead's out on their lying scheming bull shite, and expose their scheming corrupt way's completely before they destroy this COUNTRY ?

The were sold by their own country they should pay!

There wouldn't have been sellers without buyers. American capitalists imported them at a time when people knew slavery was immoral.

I nor any of my fasmily have ever owned slaves

That doesn't necessarily matter. Taxpayers pay for things that aren't necessarily their fault all the time. We pay for sexual harassment claims against government workers. We pay for toxic cleanups. We pay for Indian healthcare. Not our fault, but we pay for it anyway.

I will not pay one red cent to them!

Eh, maybe you won't, or maybe you will. You'll live one way or the other.

The were sold by their own country they should pay! I nor any of my fasmily have ever owned slaves I will not pay one red cent to them!
Unfortunately you will, because as long as the brainwashed minion's place a government or agree to a government like we have with the woke Biden administration, then we are all caught up in the nets with no way out. Sad as it is.

There wouldn't have been sellers without buyers. American capitalists imported them at a time when people knew slavery was immoral.

That doesn't necessarily matter. Taxpayers pay for things that aren't necessarily their fault all the time. We pay for sexual harassment claims against government workers. We pay for toxic cleanups. We pay for Indian healthcare. Not our fault, but we pay for it anyway.

Eh, maybe you won't, or maybe you will. You'll live one way or the other.
Everyone except their own people who just wanted profit, excusing the selling proves you just want free stuff.
Quit being a victim, you were never a slave, and the biggest issue in black America is Black fathers being absent, deal with that.
You will not take away from my family, because you can't get over something that stopped being an issue long ago

Everyone except their own people who just wanted profit, excusing the selling proves you just want free stuff.

I'm white so I probably wouldn't be getting whatever free stuff you're talking about, but do go on - wouldn't want to let that fact keep you from typing up a racist diatribe.

Quit being a victim, you were never a slave,

Never claimed that I was (see the above).

and the biggest issue in black America is Black fathers being absent, deal with that.

There's dysfunctional black families, okay. And?

You will not take away from my family, because you can't get over something that stopped being an issue long ago

It's not really zero-sum. A reparations bill doesn't have to take anything away from anybody.

With that being said, what's being proposed is SF is remarkably stupid - so stupid that it will probably write off the idea of a reparations bill from ever being taken seriously ever again. It would be like Romney-care was to healthcare reform by a factor of a million. Maybe you all should cheer on the bill's passage.

I'm white so I probably wouldn't be getting whatever free stuff you're talking about, but do go on - wouldn't want to let that fact keep you from typing up a racist diatribe.

Never claimed that I was (see the above).

There's dysfunctional black families, okay. And?

It's not really zero-sum. A reparations bill doesn't have to take anything away from anybody.

With that being said, what's being proposed is SF is remarkably stupid - so stupid that it will probably write off the idea of a reparations bill from ever being taken seriously ever again. It would be like Romney-care was to healthcare reform by a factor of a million. Maybe you all should cheer on the bill's passage.
Never mentioned you being white.
It's not some, it's most, the fathers were not brought up to be fathers, generational welfare is the problem brought on by Democrat policies.
So who will pay for the rteparations which is the stupidest idea ever by thew way. Can't stand Romney he is a democrat funded by republican money

Forum List

Back