Solzhenitsyn winner of Nobel Prize in Literature. "Stalin was worse than Hitler. Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin killed his own" what do you

A. Solzhenitsyn winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. "Stalin (Koba) was worse than Hitler. Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin killed his own" what do you think about these Solzhenitsyn ´s words ?

Kurapaty - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Kurapaty

Kurapaty (Belarusian: Курапаты, IPA: [kuraˈpatɨ]) is a wooded area on the outskirts of Miensk, Belarus, in which a vast number of people were executed between 1937 and 1941 during the Great Purge by the Soviet secret police, the NKVD. The exact count of victims is uncertain, as NKVD archives are classified in Belarus.

htiler killed his own and others..stalin only killed his own
..they BOTH MURDERED thousands
.....????

A. Solzhenitsyn winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature. "Stalin (Koba) was worse than Hitler. Hitler exterminated other peoples. Stalin killed his own" what do you think about these Solzhenitsyn ´s words ?

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

Kurapaty (Belarusian: Курапаты, IPA: [kuraˈpatɨ]) is a wooded area on the outskirts of Miensk, Belarus, in which a vast number of people were executed between 1937 and 1941 during the Great Purge by the Soviet secret police, the NKVD. The exact count of victims is uncertain, as NKVD archives are classified in Belarus.

.....????

The only real difference between Uncle Joe and Adolph, is Joe lasted longer and was more ruthless.

..if no hitler, then no 60 million dead/hundreds of thousands wounded--homeless-displaced/whole cities destroyed/etc

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

.....????

"stalin only killed his own " a stalinis lie
" Raped by Red Army soldiers, Raped by Red Army soldiers, they talk for the first time "

"Hungary 1956"

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

.....????

" Raped by Red Army soldiers, Raped by Red Army soldiers, they talk for the first time "

"Hungary 1956"

Hungary doesn't have 60 million people

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

.....????

The only real difference between Uncle Joe and Adolph, is Joe lasted longer and was more ruthless.

No, The only real difference between Uncle Joe and Adolph, was in sizes of their mustaches

1588513272597.png

1588513334738.png

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

.....????

"Hungary 1956"

Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland , Kazakhstan , Eastern Germany , Romania, China, Korea, have much more

Kurapaty - Wikipedia

.....????

"Hungary 1956"

Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland , Kazakhstan , Eastern Germany , Romania, China, Korea, have much more

and?

Does that mean Hitler didn't kill all those POLISH Jews, RUSSIAN Jews, GYPSIES from neighboring nations?
"Hitler exterminated other peoples " = POLISH Jews, RUSSIAN Jews, GYPSIES from neighboring nations
Hitler hardly limited himself to "other people". There were many German citizens that ended up in the concentration/extermination camps, some just for favoring a democratic alternative, i.e. not communists, others for their faith(JWs) and still more because they were considered a drag on society.

Does that mean Hitler didn't kill all those POLISH Jews, RUSSIAN Jews, GYPSIES from neighboring nations?
"Hitler exterminated other peoples " = POLISH Jews, RUSSIAN Jews, GYPSIES from neighboring nations
Hitler hardly limited himself to "other people". There were many German citizens that ended up in the concentration/extermination camps, some just for favoring a democratic alternative, i.e. not communists, others for their faith(JWs) and still more because they were considered a drag on society.
"communists, others for their faith(JWs) " Hitler believed that they were the sick Germans , dangerous or German race parasites , and had to be removed

Hitler hardly limited himself to "other people". There were many German citizens that ended up in the concentration/ extermination camps, some just for favoring a democratic alternative, i.e. not communists, others for their faith(JWs) and still more because they were considered a drag on society.
"communists, others for their faith(JWs) " Hitler believed that they were the sick Germans , dangerous or German race parasites and had to be removed
His people nonetheless. What of those who were not sick, aryan and not communists?

Solzhenitsyn was a remarkable man and left an interesting legacy. There is a lot about his life that is sometimes forgotten. By 1956, after the Gulags were opened and the first famous novel of Solzhenitsyn was published, Khrushchev was quite a fan and told members of the Politburo that every one of them had a bit of Stalin within and should read Solzhenitsyn. After Khrushchev was ousted, ordinary Russians could only read Solzhenitsyn in smuggled versions, which they did. Solzhenitsyn was seriously persecuted but eventually allowed to move to the West, where his criticisms of American society as soulless and shallow led him to lose favor in some circles here too. Allowed back into Russia in the 1990s he was eventually to oppose aspects of post-Soviet society, but supported Putin until his own death in 2008. Certainly not a “modern man,” but a deep thinker who praised Russian traditional culture while defending essentials of our Western freedom of conscience.

Solzhenitsyn was a remarkable man and left an interesting legacy. There is a lot about his life that is sometimes forgotten. By 1956, after the Gulags were opened and the first famous novel of Solzhenitsyn was published, Khrushchev was quite a fan and told members of the Politburo that every one of them had a bit of Stalin within and should read Solzhenitsyn. After Khrushchev was ousted, ordinary Russians could only read Solzhenitsyn in smuggled versions, which they did. Solzhenitsyn was seriously persecuted but eventually allowed to move to the West, where his criticisms of American society as soulless and shallow led him to lose favor in some circles here too. Allowed back into Russia in the 1990s he was eventually to oppose aspects of post-Soviet society, but supported Putin until his own death in 2008. Certainly not a “modern man,” but a deep thinker who praised Russian traditional culture while defending essentials of our Western freedom of conscience.
great post, what do you think about his Muscovite imperial views? "Yevhen Sverstiuk, a Ukrainian writer and poet who was jailed as a political prisoner in the 1970s, says Solzhenitsyn played a key role in bolstering the opposition throughout the former Soviet Union, including Ukraine. But Sverstiuk says the author's political views took a turn for the worse in the mid-1970s."After receiving the Nobel Prize, Solzhenitsyn deteriorated -- he switched from the great challenge of combating the evil empire to Russian imperial issues...Russia's ethnic and religious minorities, too, took a dim view of Solzhenitsyn's calls for a Slavic revival based on Russian Orthodoxy. "It isn't customary in such moments to express anything but praise about the deceased, but some of his articles did have an element of xenophobia," says Armenian writer Vahram Martirosian. "Against the backdrop of a strongly negative attitude towards migrants, including Armenians, this only poured oil on the flames of Russian chauvinism in today's Russia." ...Solzhenitsyn in which he called for northern Kazakhstan to be incorporated into Russia. They demanded that the newspaper be banned in Kazakhstan, accusing it of violating their country's territorial integrity -- a charge backed by the Kazakh prosecutor-general, who described Solzhenitsyn's statement as a "gross intervention in the internal affairs of an independent state."...https://www.rferl.org/a/Solzhenitsyn_Leaves_Troubled_Legacy_Across_Former_Soviet_Union/1188876.html

"...Solzhenitsyn's nationalist leanings also earned him much criticism in Belarus and Ukraine, both eager to steer away from their former imperial master after gaining independence in 1991...Russia's ethnic and religious minorities, too, took a dim view of Solzhenitsyn's calls for a Slavic revival based on Russian Orthodoxy." https://www.rferl.org/a/Solzhenitsyn_Leaves_Troubled_Legacy_Across_Former_Soviet_Union/1188876.html
Good linked article, and great question about his later “Muscovite imperial views.” I really don’t know much about his exact views or all the difficult issues you mention. I don’t read Russian of any of the languages of other peoples involved. I did strongly oppose the U.S. long-term encouragement of Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian attitudes, our encouragement under Victoria Nuland of the Maidan coup, and the Western attempt to grab Crimea and Black Sea resources. Of course nothing is black and white.

I was under the impression that Russian nationalists look sympathetically upon Armenia and Armenian nationalism. Perhaps I am wrong?

I know next to nothing about the real situation in the Muslim ex-Soviet Republics today, though I visited Baku a few years before the USSR collapse and read a bit about their history. Of course now the Chinese have a presence in the whole area, alongside the Americans. Lots of complications for Russian imperialists, local democrats and just ordinary people everywhere.

I consider myself an internationalist, an anti-imperialist in principle, but other than that I don’t have much to say....

"...Solzhenitsyn's nationalist leanings also earned him much criticism in Belarus and Ukraine, both eager to steer away from their former imperial master after gaining independence in 1991...Russia's ethnic and religious minorities, too, took a dim view of Solzhenitsyn's calls for a Slavic revival based on Russian Orthodoxy." https://www.rferl.org/a/Solzhenitsyn_Leaves_Troubled_Legacy_Across_Former_Soviet_Union/1188876.html
Good linked article, and great question about his later “Muscovite imperial views.” I really don’t know much about his exact views or all the difficult issues you mention. I don’t read Russian of any of the languages of other peoples involved. I did strongly oppose the U.S. long-term encouragement of Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian attitudes, our encouragement under Victoria Nuland of the Maidan coup, and the Western attempt to grab Crimea and Black Sea resources. Of course nothing is black and white.

I was under the impression that Russian nationalists look sympathetically upon Armenia and Armenian nationalism. Perhaps I am wrong?

I know next to nothing about the real situation in the Muslim ex-Soviet Republics today, though I visited Baku a few years before the USSR collapse and read a bit about their history. Of course now the Chinese have a presence in the whole area, alongside the Americans. Lots of complications for Russian imperialists, local democrats and just ordinary people everywhere.

I consider myself an internationalist, an anti-imperialist in principle, but other than that I don’t have much to say....

yeah---you might be a little wrong. Ukrainian nationalism IN THE FACE OF RUSSIAN imperialism
is nothing new. I am no fan of Cossacks----but they were RESPONDING to the filth that the Ukraine endured from Russia for centuries.

linked article, and great question about his later “Muscovite imperial views.” I really don’t know much about his exact views or all the difficult issues you mention. I don’t read Russian of any of the languages of other peoples involved. I did strongly oppose the U.S. long-term encouragement of Ukrainian nationalist anti-Russian attitudes, our encouragement under Victoria Nuland of the Maidan coup, and the Western attempt to grab Crimea and Black Sea resources. Of course nothing is black and white.
I am also not a great fan of Ukrainian nationalist groups, but no one can deny that they played a significant role in ousting of Yanukovich and the Donbas war, especially on the first stages.

They are well organised, disciplined and motivated. And without them it wouldnt be possible to draw Ukraine out of Russian orbit.

But of course there is the other side of the coin. They now feel their force and at some cases have even allowed themselves ultimatums to the authorities.

They were both genocidal maniacs but I always thought Stalin worse.

Forget the the masses they both had killed for a moment and just think of this.

If you were loyal to Hitler, to his ideology, did not challenge his power, he was no threat to you. He could even be generous to those who gave him unquestioning loyalty.

But none one was safe around Stalin, he sent people randomly to the Gulag just to instil total fear, even former friends and those loyal to him. Even the wife of his most loyal servant and secretary.

No one was safe around Stalin not even his own family members.

Forum List

Back