Solutions for America - Congress

We are currently functioning under Constitutional government – nothing to ‘return to.’

“Cap the job at $65,000” is a ‘solution’ in search of a problem that doesn’t exist.

We have term limits – they’re called elections, reflecting the will of the people, who may elect anyone they wish for as long as they wish.

Once again we see the ignorance and stupidity common to most libertarians and TPM nitwits.
We haven't functioned under Constitutional government in over 100 years and you know it. Your disengenous claims otherwise is as absurd as your ideology. If you're going to lie about something CCJ, it needs to be something that we don't know you know.

Capping the job at $65,000 will rid Congress of the con-artists who are not looking to serve but rather are looking out for themselves. Of course, you fear this measure because you desperately need those con-artists to push the anti-constitutional agenda that you desire. I understand your fear on this one and can appreciate your healthy fear of it.

If "elections" are "term limits" making term limits unnecessary, why is there a term limit for President of the United States, junior?

Dude , people don't run for congress because of the salary .
Dropping it down wouldnt fix any issue we have now , it makes things worse .

Plus , think of the extra expense to fly around from home to dc all the time .
Dude...if you really believe that...I have a ton of land in Florida I would like to sell you. I'll give you one hell of a price on it.

The majority of the people running for Congress these days are nothing more than con-artists in it for the wealth and the power. Current salary is almost $175,000 and that doesn't include the benefits (like the cadillac pension).

The position should be a burden that people consider a civic duty. It should be akin to jury duty. Can you imagine what would happen if we appointed people to jury duty and paid them nearly $200,000 per year (plus outrageous benefits)? Do you have any idea how corrupt our juries would be as people interested in power and money came out of the wood work to become career jurors?

It's funny because nobody whines about "lobbyists" and how politicians are in their pockets more than the left. Yet when ever anything is proposed that would prevent that, the left mocks it. Why? Because nobody benefits more from lobbyists and corruption than the left. If we limited every Congressman to two years (or at most, two terms of two years), they would have no reason to get in bed with the lobbyists. The only people who need to do that are career politicians who are looking at decades of favors and campaign financing.

If u paid jurors $200k, you'd have much better jurors!

What good candidate is gonna leave his good paying stable job for a shitty paying temporary job?
People who genuinely want to serve the interests of the United States and protect the Constitution. The real question is, what dirt-bag con-artist will endure the headaches for a temporary job paying $65k per year (answer: nobody).

Umm, no . You'll get shady people who will use the position to get paid in other ways , or rich folk who just want the power .

We haven't functioned under Constitutional government in over 100 years and you know it. Your disengenous claims otherwise is as absurd as your ideology. If you're going to lie about something CCJ, it needs to be something that we don't know you know.

Capping the job at $65,000 will rid Congress of the con-artists who are not looking to serve but rather are looking out for themselves. Of course, you fear this measure because you desperately need those con-artists to push the anti-constitutional agenda that you desire. I understand your fear on this one and can appreciate your healthy fear of it.

If "elections" are "term limits" making term limits unnecessary, why is there a term limit for President of the United States, junior?

Dude...if you really believe that...I have a ton of land in Florida I would like to sell you. I'll give you one hell of a price on it.

The majority of the people running for Congress these days are nothing more than con-artists in it for the wealth and the power. Current salary is almost $175,000 and that doesn't include the benefits (like the cadillac pension).

The position should be a burden that people consider a civic duty. It should be akin to jury duty. Can you imagine what would happen if we appointed people to jury duty and paid them nearly $200,000 per year (plus outrageous benefits)? Do you have any idea how corrupt our juries would be as people interested in power and money came out of the wood work to become career jurors?

It's funny because nobody whines about "lobbyists" and how politicians are in their pockets more than the left. Yet when ever anything is proposed that would prevent that, the left mocks it. Why? Because nobody benefits more from lobbyists and corruption than the left. If we limited every Congressman to two years (or at most, two terms of two years), they would have no reason to get in bed with the lobbyists. The only people who need to do that are career politicians who are looking at decades of favors and campaign financing.

What good candidate is gonna leave his good paying stable job for a shitty paying temporary job?
People who genuinely want to serve the interests of the United States and protect the Constitution. The real question is, what dirt-bag con-artist will endure the headaches for a temporary job paying $65k per year (answer: nobody).

Umm, no . You'll get shady people who will use the position to get paid in other ways , or rich folk who just want the power .

Poor people are not corruptible….only rich people are. Thats why given the chance during black outs and rioting, you only see rich folks burglarizing stores and such.

Poor people are not corruptible….only rich people are. Thats why given the chance during black outs and rioting, you only see rich folks burglarizing stores and such.
Why not, they rape us on profit motive..

In 1776, no one was running for President...or Congress..
When people say that moon, it means the spirit of 1776 (i.e. Constitutional government, sans corruption, by people integrity).

I guess you don't realize that we didn't have a Constitution in 1776. I think you need to go back to school and stop embarrassing yourself.
I've forgotten more about the U.S. Constitution than you have ever learned. I will repeat again for the learning impaired - this is a common phrase meaning the spirit of 1776 (i.e. Constitutional government, sans corruption, by people integrity). I'm well aware of the fact that it was signed in 1787 and ratified 1788.

The fact that you have to play word games indicates a deep fear of Constitutional government. One has to ask why? You don't like being prevented from imposing your will on others? Your lust for power and control too strong for you to control?
That's twice you've made the claim, "...it means the spirit of 1776 (i.e. Constitutional government, sans corruption, by people integrity)." Obviously you don't know Jack Shit. Let me introduce you to him.

The Spirit of '76 was a Revolutionary sentiment springing from the Declaration of Independence penned in that year. The phrase refers to the attitude, the spirit of those striving for independence from Britain and King George III's rule, individual liberty and self government manifested in the Declaration of Independence. Your understanding of the phrase was nil!

I'll wait for you to write something about the US Constitution to judge your boast regarding your grand expertise and universal understanding of that Contract.

So 60 Minutes just finished airing a story on the mess that is Congress. Primarily, the story focused on how so many of them are forced to spend far too much fund raising for the RNC and DNC instead of representing their constituents.

Why is there such an emphasis on fund raising? That wasn't an issue in 1776. So what has changed?

Well sadly, as Congress has consolidated more power for themselves, and voted themselves more and more raises, the job has become highly sought by those desperate for money and power (Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, etc.). In 1776, the job came with neither power nor money. And so it was viewed as a civic duty burden. And that is the solution to our problems today. We need to return to the days where holding public office is a burden. Three simple steps:
  • Return to Constituitonal government (job no longer wields unfettered power)
  • Cap the job at $65,000 per year (job no longer creates all of this wealth)
  • Implement term limits (no longer need to worry about getting re-elected)
These very simple reforms will solve all of our problems with Congress. We'll see more people of integrity holding office as the slime balls move on to more lucrative scams and we'll see those in office doing the right thing as opposed to the politically expedient things due to the need to get re-elected.

$65,000 per year these days is a joke for someone with a good education. Supporting a family and keeping a second home, which is necessary for these people, would be completely impossible on $65,000 per year. Also, most of those who serve could earn substantially more in the private sector. Moving House terms from two to four years would be a good way to reduce the need for these people to be running for office all the time. They could stagger the elections so half run every two years, the way that one third of the Senate runs every two years. I've always been against term limits because it prevents a very good representative from serving as long as his/her constituents want. Secondly, voters have the power to limit the time their representatives serve by voting them out.

Campaign spending limits.

Effectively buying elections is intolerable.

The reason it costs so much to run for federal office is because money flows to power. The more power you give the central government, the more money will be spent trying to capture all that power.

It is easier to capture one government body than it is to capture 50. Every time the liberals centralize power at the federal level, they are causing a campaign finance bubble.

And now that ObamaCare has centralized a larger government takeover of healthcare, you will see even more money spent to capture that power.

When you take away the power you allow a politician to have, you take away the incentive to buy that politician. Duh. Common sense.

Common sense which evades those for whom the first question asked of any problem is, "What is the federal government going to do about this?"

You want real, effective campaign finance reform? STOP GIVING POLITICIANS SO MUCH POWER OVER OUR LIVES!

Umm, no . You'll get shady people who will use the position to get paid in other ways, or rich folk who just want the power.

You're not a grown adult, right? Please tell me your are not. Because if you are and you don't believe that Congress is primarily made up of "rich folk who just want the power" then something is seriously wrong.

That is currently the case already. Wealthy people don't like doing work for nominal amounts. You'll completely drive them out for these wages and with term limits unless they are genuinely interested in serving.

The reason it costs so much to run for federal office is because money flows to power. The more power you give the central government, the more money will be spent trying to capture all that power.

It is easier to capture one government body than it is to capture 50. Every time the liberals centralize power at the federal level, they are causing a campaign finance bubble.

And now that ObamaCare has centralized a larger government takeover of healthcare, you will see even more money spent to capture that power.

When you take away the power you allow a politician to have, you take away the incentive to buy that politician. Duh. Common sense.

Common sense which evades those for whom the first question asked of any problem is, "What is the federal government going to do about this?"

You want real, effective campaign finance reform? STOP GIVING POLITICIANS SO MUCH POWER OVER OUR LIVES!
:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap:

Just making lying as a member of congress a felony punishable by 20 years in prison, that will clean up that cesspool.
The problem with that is - who is empowered to decide what constitutes a lie? For instance - "Global Warming" was unequivocally proven to be a lie. But because of that, Democrat AG's are joining forces to create legislation making it illegal to deny global warming.

Other than case of hard evidence (video, audio, etc.), it's difficult and lengthy to determine who is lying. I personally believe that the truth always comes out. But it usually takes a while.

Just making lying as a member of congress a felony punishable by 20 years in prison, that will clean up that cesspool.
The problem with that is - who is empowered to decide what constitutes a lie? For instance - "Global Warming" was unequivocally proven to be a lie. But because of that, Democrat AG's are joining forces to create legislation making it illegal to deny global warming.

Other than case of hard evidence (video, audio, etc.), it's difficult and lengthy to determine who is lying. I personally believe that the truth always comes out. But it usually takes a while.

Fail a lie detector test go to club GITMO. Hillary, Pelosi, Reid, Obama will likely be the first guests.

Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about (covered by 60 Minutes yesterday). This is the "recommended" schedule from the Democrat Party to incoming freshmen Congressmen and Senators. And I'm not attacking Democrats on this one - Republican's were just as bad, if not worse. So even if one is voted out of office (as CCJ claims), the next man up follows the same protocol. Only 1 or 2 hours per day talking to constituents and only 2 hours per day in committee meetings or on the floor voting. But an astounding 4 hours per day out of the building and down the street at the DNC Call Center making fund raising phone calls.

image.jpeg

Fail a lie detector test go to club GITMO. Hillary, Pelosi, Reid, Obama will likely be the first guests.
But you do realize that Democrats will pay ungodly sums to corrupt polygraphers into making sure liberals not only pass the polygraphs when they lie, but that Republican's fail the polygraphs even when they are telling the truth!

But you do realize that Democrats will pay ungodly sums to corrupt polygraphers into making sure liberals not only pass the polygraphs when they lie, but that Republican's fail the polygraphs even when they are telling the truth!

Liberals are a special class, we'll just exile them to Antarctica and be done with it.

Liberals are a special class, we'll just exile them to Antarctica and be done with it.
That would definitely solve all of our problems. Unfortunately I don't think the US Constitution allows for that.

Polygraphs have no use in a court of law as evidence..

Polygraphs have no use in a court of law as evidence..
Well nobody was implying in a court of law. I think that Blues just meant within Congress. They can certainly set their own rules within that body and if each side wanted to accept polygraphs, that would be at their discretion.

That would definitely solve all of our problems. Unfortunately I don't think the US Constitution allows for that.

Fortunately the founders foresaw the rise of an evil traitorous group like liberals and gave us a means to amend the Constitution.

Fortunately the founders foresaw the rise of an evil traitorous group like liberals and gave us a means to amend the Constitution.
Agreed. But I don't see America getting the votes necessary to add an amendment which says "all liberals can be deported".

Forum List

Back