Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

So ... highly speculative values ... under optimum conditions ...

Hydro can't be calculated using this method ... the facilities have nearly unlimited life spans ... Hoover Dam will last another 1,000 years ...

And ignoring the cost of base load plants.

You don't need base load plants when a subservient population accepts blackouts without a whimper.

Ladies and gentlemen....I give you California!

Hydro can't be calculated using this method ... the facilities have nearly unlimited life spans ... Hoover Dam will last another 1,000 years ...

Wind and solar are base load plants. Paired with grid scale storage, they are far cheaper than fossil fuel or nuclear generation.

You don't need base load plants when a subservient population accepts blackouts without a whimper.

Ladies and gentlemen....I give you California!

Yes, California. Were it a separate nation, it would be the fifth largest economy in the world. Uses lots of electricity and has severe and increasing problems with high winds and fires. Yet still has a super charged economy. And helps support the welfare red states.

Wind and solar are base load plants. Paired with grid scale storage, they are far cheaper than fossil fuel or nuclear generation.

Wind and solar are base load plants.

1610858213928.png

Paired with grid scale storage,

How much grid scale storage do you need to power Chicago for a day?

No they're not you ignorant twat. They are supplemental sources.

The Biggest cost in a Renewable plant is the initial cost.
After that, they will obviously outperform the continuing and volatile, cost of fossil fuel

NOW however, you can finance/amortize that up front cost with a 2% loan .
The numbers have changed.
`

How cheap? ... show me a power bill charging 2¢/kW-hr ... look at your own bill, I dare you post your charges ...

All that fancy-pancy double-talk doesn't mean what you think it means ... "optimal siting" is limited and expensive ...

After that, they will obviously outperform the continuing and volatile, cost of fossil fuel

`

What kind of block head couldn't have predicted that getting energy directly from the sun will eventually outpace extracting sun energy from fossilized goo?

The average cost to install solar panels in the United States is about $12,000 after federal tax incentives. On the low end, you can install a smaller system for around $5,000, while a high-priced Tier 1 solar panel system can cost $40,000 or more.

`

What kind of block head couldn't have predicted that getting energy directly from the sun will eventually outpace extracting sun energy from fossilized goo?

The ones that understand we don't currently have an efficient method of storing all that sun-provided electricity for times we actually need it.

33890496bc25c542756e43d242f6c89d.jpg

The ones that understand we don't currently have an efficient method of storing all that sun-provided electricity for times we actually need it.

I am confident that energy storage obstacles will be overcome and that solar will eventually vastly outperform fossil fuels.

The average cost to install solar panels in the United States is about $12,000 after federal tax incentives. On the low end, you can install a smaller system for around $5,000, while a high-priced Tier 1 solar panel system can cost $40,000 or more.

I installed mine in 1979 for $3400.. and it was amazing.. We saved tons of money and never ran out of hot water even with 5 teens and endless laundry.

I installed mine in 1979 for $3400.. and it was amazing.. We saved tons of money and never ran out of hot water even with 5 teens and endless laundry.
it's not 1979 anymore and those panels today are not operating anywhere near as well as they were in 79

Yes, California. Were it a separate nation, it would be the fifth largest economy in the world. Uses lots of electricity and has severe and increasing problems with high winds and fires. Yet still has a super charged economy. And helps support the welfare red states.

You left out the most important thing!

Intermittent electricity.

The magic that is doing almost as much to drive industry out as high taxes are driving individuals out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back