Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't confuse the OP with facts. He's from a third world shit hole where facts can be anything he is told.
I'm from the USA and never been out of the country for more than 2 weeks.
You probably/surely never bothered to google my handle as you are a frivolous-posting POS.
You are another of the Raging idiot/emptily combative One-Line trolls here.
As your last 3 hollow posts demonstrate.
`

From the report, the only thing they care about is using the pandemic to divert our tax money to Solar and Wind.

" The IEA has made its own position clear. Since the scale of the Covid-19 crisis began to emerge, we have been leading the calls to put clean energy at the heart of the economic response to ensure a secure and sustainable recovery."

Do you remember claiming to be in Mensa?
See, now that IS a provable claim.
Taken just for you.

:^)

1636917786301.png

Last edited:
Solar being cheap, the first thing acknowledged is it is governmentment policies that make the capital for solar investment cheap. It is not the market. It is government policies. Again as stated in the eia report

"Supportive policies and maturing technologies are enabling very cheap access to capital in leading markets."

Solar energy being cheap, has nothing to do with a free economy. It is all about the government destroying oil, through policy, which the eia advocates. Again, from the report.

In the absence of a larger shift in policies, it is still too early to foresee a rapid decline in oil demand.

The report clearly explains that solar is not cheap. That is only by making all other forms of energy expensive through government policies and actions that solar appears cheap.

I can quote more later but at this point the crap in this report is much more than solar and is a OP Abu fuc does not have the mental acuity to grasp. Hence his/her lack of quoting the report they linked to.

Solar energy being cheap, has nothing to do with a free economy. It is all about the government destroying oil, through policy, which the eia advocates. Again, from the report.

In the absence of a larger shift in policies, it is still too early to foresee a rapid decline in oil demand.
You finally tried and made an @ss of yourself again
You effing MORON.
The whole point of the OP and subsequent posts/links is that Solar is now the cheapest withOut subsidy.
You didn't read anything and are a raging IDIOT.

WSJ excerpt already posted and Linked on the last page!

"..The levelized cost of solar photovoltaic systems has fallen to about $45 per megawatt-hour this year from $381 in 2010, according to IHS Markit. That makes it the CHEAPEST form of electricity on a Global basis, and Doesn’t take into account tax breaks or other subsidies that governments may provide, which would push costs Down More. Coal-fired generation is around $55 per megawatt-hour, down from $62 in 2010.".."​

It wouldn't be News IF we were talking subsidized cost YOU IDIOT!
You are too ****ing Stupid to believe.
Note the OP says "NOW the cheapest". If it was with subsidy one could have said that 10 years ago, but emptily.
No wonder you didn't try and even address until now.
You IDIOT!

`

Last edited:
Liar elektra's 30th and 31st posts Not addressing the premise that solar is Now the Cheapest electricity. While I did address his side argument on polyS, and Laughed away his idiot's contention that solar is going to cause an increase in Coal use.

ALL my links work.
CarbonBrief (OP summarizing the IEA)
PopularScience (quoted)
The Wall Street Journal. (quoted)
The IEA itself which was down for 24 hours but is back up:

elektra is a complete FRAUD and last-wording/inadequate multi-posting juvenile Troll.

`
Why don't you address the topic and not other posters. That is all you are posting. This thread deserves to be closed.

Solar is not the cheapest electricity because if it were, all new construction homes would be solar. They aren't.

They would not require government subsidies to get people to switch. They do!

I would personally like to know how these systems work after 14 hours days of darkness and almost constant cloud cover to the point it looks like dusk at noon.

How well will theses panels worked after they have bee ripped from my house after the remnant of a hurricane or typical severe thunderstorm. How well does this system work under about a foot of snow for weeks on end in the middle of winter?

I received an advertisement for installing a solar power system in my house. Guess what it uses for backup power in case of an inability to maintain my household load? Natural gas. Guess what I don't have in my house? You guessed it! No natural gas because it is all electric. I have a heat pump which already sucks for keeping my house warm in the winter. It is 45 degrees outside right now. My thermostat is set at 72 degrees. As I type, my fingers are numb because it is cold in this house.

Why don't you address the topic and not other posters. That is all you are posting. This thread deserves to be closed.

Solar is not the cheapest electricity because if it were, all new construction homes would be solar. They aren't.

They would not require government subsidies to get people to switch. They do!

I would personally like to know how these systems work after 14 hours days of darkness and almost constant cloud cover to the point it looks like dusk at noon.

How well will theses panels worked after they have bee ripped from my house after the remnant of a hurricane or typical severe thunderstorm. How well does this system work under about a foot of snow for weeks on end in the middle of winter?

I received an advertisement for installing a solar power system in my house. Guess what it uses for backup power in case of an inability to maintain my household load? Natural gas. Guess what I don't have in my house? You guessed it! No natural gas because it is all electric. I have a heat pump which already sucks for keeping my house warm in the winter. It is 45 degrees outside right now. My thermostat is set at 72 degrees. As I type, my fingers are numb because it is cold in this house.
Read above and back a few pages.
Most of the last few pages are ME TRYING to get elektra TO ADDRESS THE TOPIC.
Then Ding comes in and only addresses me.
Yet you attack me for nontopical?

Can't you read you ***** RW IDIOT?
YOU quoted me reciting some of the ON TOPIC Links I have posted in the thread while elektra has refused.

Your reading is either BLIND or so partisan as to be useless.
You really are a raging Idiot.

and the OP isn't about houses per se, and houses in Every location, but mainly Solar Plants where advisable. NO not North of the artic circle or in a rain forest you @sshole.
`

You finally tried and made an @ss of yourself again
You effing MORON.
The whole point of the OP and subsequent posts/links is that Solar is now the cheapest withOut subsidy.
You didn't read anything and are a raging IDIOT

The report you posted states that Solar is being subsidized!!! I have now read and quoted from you report more than you, which was easy because you have not quoted from your report yet. Your idea that I did not read the report is baseless. What is not baseless is when I point out that it is you that have not read your report.

That makes you, "the fucking moron". If I can use your words.

The report you posted states that Solar is being subsidized!!! I have now read and quoted from you report more than you, which was easy because you have not quoted from your report yet. Your idea that I did not read the report is baseless. What is not baseless is when I point out that it is you that have not read your report.

ALL of the links I have posted say it is (only) "NOW" that it has now produced cheapest for plants WITHOUT Subsidy Even IF some places still have subsidies which can push it down yet/"even more."

I just explained and requoted the WSJ for you on the last page you LYING and DISHONEST little Turd.
My last post to you which you DISHONESTLY tried to ignore.
You finally tried and made an @ss of yourself again.
You effing MORON.
You didn't read anything and are a raging IDIOT.
WSJ excerpt already posted and Linked on the last page!​
"..The levelized cost of solar photovoltaic systems has fallen to about $45 per megawatt-hour this year from $381 in 2010, according to IHS Markit. That makes it the CHEAPEST form of electricity on a Global basis, and Doesn’t take into account tax breaks or other subsidies that governments may provide, which would push costs Down More. Coal-fired generation is around $55 per megawatt-hour, down from $62 in 2010.".."
It wouldn't be News IF we were talking subsidized cost YOU IDIOT!
You are too ****ing Stupid to believe.​
Note the OP says "NOW the cheapest". If it was with subsidy one could have said that 10 years ago, but emptily.​
No wonder you didn't try and even address until now.
You IDIOT!

You LOSE.
Dozens of stupid avoidances to get to just plain stupid and 12 IQ attempts at deflection.
`

Last edited:
Subsidies for solar from abu afuc's link

"Almost all will rely on some form of policy support or incentives to move
ahead, including access to the expanded 45Q tax credits"

If an energy company does not emit 500,000 tons of carbon they qualify for the 45Q tax credit. A tax credit they can sell to another corporation for millions.

LOL Stupid as usual. The Lazard rating is the price of the unsubsidized cost. And solar and wind come out ahead of all fossil fuels, and very far ahead of nuclear.

1636924749125.png

Subsidies for solar from abu afuc's link

"Almost all will rely on some form of policy support or incentives to move
ahead, including access to the expanded 45Q tax credits"

If an energy company does not emit 500,000 tons of carbon they qualify for the 45Q tax credit. A tax credit they can sell to another corporation for millions.
Goddamn, no one is saying that solar is getting no subsidies. What they are saying that even without subsidies, utility solar is still the least expensive form of energy. I think you really do practice at being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back