Solar is now ‘Cheapest Electricity in History’, confirms IEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although anybody who's been looking at news about solar power over the years knows that it has become the cheapest.
Not so. Virtually this whole section is made up of RW anti-Green clowns.
I've watched it for 10 years.
Leaving out 'Old Rocks' recent thread starts this is a 90% anti-green orgy.
Many do not believe in GW much less AGW and start idiotic threads to that effect daily. ("It's cold in Boise today.. so it can't be warming")
USMB is 80% RW, mostly trolls.

That is not the bid deal it would seem though.

1) The numbers probably include equipment and maintenance, but I don't know if the numbers include the cost of the land. Solar requires quite a bit of space.
Not as big as the coal and coal mines... and transport roads.
Dirty too is a unseen cost. It's in you house dust filters/lungs.

2) A lot of the cost of coal power plants is in the plant itself. Are there numbers for just maintenance + coal consumed?
You got it backwards.
It's solar who's biggest cost is Front-Loaded, and Coal which needs a steady feeder stock for the life of the plant.
Ergo these the low interest rates of the last 10 years have helped solar amortize that cost over time.
The great majority of new power generation in the USA is renewables.

So incentives are probably still needed. I suspect the cheapest way is to continue giving credits for putting solar panels on homes.
Not for large energy generating plants. That's the whole point of this/these articles.
And one could say that about solar maybe 5 years ago but not now. Costs have come down dramatically/efficiency up. Look at the chart above. Down 90% in a decade.

`

Last edited:
Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`
False premise!!! With zero proof in the OP or in the links
You link to a website making claims about a report but there are no links to that report???

Post the report, not just some fake news story dictating what we are to believe.
Starting an OP based on heresy, with no quotes from the source is amateur.

Last edited:
LOL, maybe you are brainwashed? It's so sad that people like you are the progeny of those who stood on a road and yelled, "get a horse" as the first cars drive by.

Our roof panels have reduced our cost for electricity to an average of $1.00 for every 60 day bill. Annually we receive a small check.
How much government money did you get to install that system? And don't say "none" because that would be a lie.

Not so. Virtually this whole section is made up of RW anti-Green clowns.
I've watched it for 10 years.
Leaving out 'Old Rocks' recent thread starts this is a 90% anti-green orgy.
Many do not believe in GW much less AGW and start idiotic threads to that effect daily. ("It's cold in Boise today.. so it can't be warming")
USMB is 80% RW, mostly trolls.

Not as big as the coal and coal mines... and transport roads.
Dirty too is a unseen cost. It's in you house dust filters/lungs.

You got it backwards.
It's solar who's biggest cost is Front-Loaded, and Coal which needs a steady feeder stock for the life of the plant.
Ergo these the low interest rates of the last 10 years have helped solar amortize that cost over time.
The great majority of new power generation in the USA is renewables.

Not for large energy generating plants. That's the whole point of this/these articles.
And one could say that about solar maybe 5 years ago but not now. Costs have come down dramatically/efficiency up. Look at the chart above. Down 90% in a decade.

`
I'm not "anti-green". I'm anti-taxpayers-pick up-the bill.

You want windmills and solar farms? Fine. Git after it. Go spend your money to build them, not mine

False premise!!! With zero proof in the OP or in the links
You link to a website making claims about a report but there are no links to that report???

Post the report, not just some fake news story dictating what we are to believe.
Starting an OP based on heresy, with no quotes from the source is amateur.

20 Posts and still No addressing of the TOPIC at hand and what I have put up in Many CREDIBLE Links.
YOU DESPERATE LITTLE FRAUD.

You think the OP is lying about the IEA report!
WTF!

And "False Premise" is an idiotic description of the situation Retard.
The Link IN the OP to the IEA report has merely changed but easy (for me at least) to find.
You, OTOH, wouldn't even think of how because you are a 70 IQ Retard who needs ANOTHER EXCUSE to not respond but has NONE.

Here ya go!

Keep Digging Little ****.
Let's go for WHIFF #21 (Excuse NOT to tackle THEE Thread topic) by elektra/bye elektra.

`

20 Posts and still No addressing of the TOPIC at hand and what I have put up in Many CREDIBLE Links.
YOU DESPERATE LITTLE FRAUD.

You think the OP is lying about the IEA report!
WTF!

And "False Premise" is an idiotic description of the situation Retard.
The Link IN the OP to the IEA report has merely changed but easy (for me at least) to find.
You, OTOH, wouldn't even think of how because you are a 70 IQ Retard who needs ANOTHER EXCUSE to not respond but has NONE.

Here ya go!

Keep Digging Little ****.
Let's go for WHIFF #21 (Excuse NOT to tackle THEE Thread topic) by elektra/bye elektra.

`
No quotes from the report that you have not read. You are such a dumbass you think simply linking to something proves your op.

You are a dumb lazy bassturd.

Quote, tell us the page number, offer commentary. That is a discussion.

You are simply an idiot who repeats the evening news headlines

Don't you want to at least appear smart

No quotes from the report that you have not read. You are such a dumbass you think simply linking to something proves your op.

You are a dumb lazy bassturd.

Quote, tell us the page number, offer commentary. That is a discussion.

You are simply an idiot who repeats the evening news headlines

Don't you want to at least appear smart
21 posts by elekbra and No posts about Solar being the cheapest... or Not.
Not a Single post Contradicting or even Addressing the OP.

I have put up multiple links including the OP and the top of this page to prove my point.
He doesn't logically argue the point, and denies everything, just link bashes credible links like the IEA and Popular Science.

This is like 'debating' the Creationists/Evolution-deniers in the Science section.
What a mb!

elekbra is a total washout/FRAUD with ZERO counterargument.

At least he's keeping my thread at the top of the section and UNWITtingly helping me forward my Title and put up more and more evidence, with still More Coming.
Nothing like a weak opponent (in this case NO opponent/empty basher) to help win a point.
Hope the next 10 pages are as easy as the first.

`

Last edited:
It's always seemed obvious to me that getting energy directly from sunlight will outpace many other methods. Nuclear is the only form of energy that probably won't be left in the dust by solar eventually.

To the OP: I'm sure you've talked about nuclear before, but I don't think I've seen it. What's your position here?

Solar is now ‘cheapest electricity in history’, confirms IEA

""The world’s best solar power schemes now offer the “cheapest…electricity in history” with the technology cheaper than coal and gas in most major countries.

That is according to the International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook 2020. The 464-page outlook, published today by the IEA, also outlines the “extraordinarily turbulent” impact of coronavirus and the “highly uncertain” future of global energy use over the next two decades....."

`
If solar is such a good deal why does the government have to subsidize it by 30% ?

21 posts by elekbra and No posts about Solar NOT being the cheapest... or not.

I have put up multiple links including the OP and the top of this page to prove my point.
He doesn't logically argue the point, and denies everything, just link bashes credible links like the IEA and Popular Science.

This is like 'debating' the Creationists/Evolution-deniers in the Science section.
What a mb!

elekbra a total washout/FRAUD with ZERO counterargument.

`
Debate, you posted a link to nowhere.

Now after I hounded you, you link to a report that you have not read quoted nor commented on.

Quote the report, comment on your quote. That is how intelligent people do things. You do want to be seen as intelligent, right?

Also anybody with investment sense should be looking to capitalize on what is obviously a solar revolution that's about to happen.

Busted link but congrats on breaking the 10 word barrier for a change.
From the search terms/link I can see it's about Federal O&G subsidies which I haven't brought up one way or another, and never alleged.
You may want to address your post to Old Rocks.
`

Last edited:
Debate, you posted a link to nowhere.

Now after I hounded you, you link to a report that you have not read quoted nor commented on.

Quote the report, comment on your quote. That is how intelligent people do things. You do want to be seen as intelligent, right?
22 posts by elektra and No posts about Solar being the cheapest... or Not.

I have put up Multiple Links including the OP and the top of the last page replete with Chart, etc, to prove my point.

What a mb!

elektra is a total washout/FRAUD with ZERO counterargument.

At least he's keeping my thread at the top of the section and UNWITtingly helping me forward my Title and put up more and more evidence, with still More Coming.
Nothing like a weak opponent (in this case NO opponent/empty basher) to help win a point.

`

Last edited:
22 posts by elektra and No posts about Solar being the cheapest... or Not.

I have put up Multiple Links including the OP and the top of the last page replete with Chart, etc, to prove my point.

What a mb!

`
If all that matters is keeping your post at the top you can claim that win.

But, pointing out to me that I am keeping you at the top is your cry, begging me to leave you alone.

Abadabba due, has not read the report, has not quoted frome the report, hence has not commented on the report other than to claim a Google search h makes, he/she right.

If all that matters is keeping your post at the top you can claim that win.

But, pointing out to me that I am keeping you at the top is your cry, begging me to leave you alone.

Abadabba due, has not read the report, has not quoted frome the report, hence has not commented on the report other than to claim a Google search h makes, he/she right.
23 posts by elektra and No posts about Solar being the cheapest... or Not.

What a mb!

`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back