Soil Erosion.

stampeder

Rookie
Jan 4, 2022
I spoke in another thread about some of the BS I saw in a television show about human caused global warming. It was called Earth Emergency. One of the things they spoke of was one of the main things that humans in the U.S. do to create methane. A powerful greenhouse gas. It was farmers dumping food to rot that they can't sell. Somebody on the show said that farmers should just give it away if they can't sell it. But farmers need to make money. If they give food away, they won't make money. There was a time that dairy farms used to just dump milk to keep milk prices up. I remember that for a time the government used to give out free cheese. Probably in an effort to make cheese producers able to earn a living, the government bought it and gave it out to the poor.

But the biggest line of crap concerning this matter is that the person said that the U.S. has the ability to feed the world. Maybe. But for how long. The U.S. has probably lost at least one quarter of its farm land because it got too worn out to farm. Each year the U.S. loses around 1.8 billion tons of topsoil due to erosion. I couldn't say how much was lost during the dust bowl when much of it just blew away. We lose topsoil at 10 times its natural replenishment rate. In places like China and India, it is closer to 30 to 40 times faster. We also rely heavily on fertilizers. (And no doubt much pesticide)

Human caused global warming is also causing less rain in some places and too much rain in others. On top of that, we are quickly running out of ground water in many places that is used for farming. In some places, pumping out ground water has actually caused the ground level to lower. I will show you a picture of what that has caused in the San Joaquin Valley. So feed the world? My ass! Even letting in the lowlife third world invaders (immigrants) is something no sane country should do. And why. So we can appear like the nice guy to the world? To hell with that. It would be better to shoot the invaders and survive than to let them in and die along with them. To me it seems they are so worthless that having many babies is the only thing that gives them validation as human beings. And that they seem to learn their breeding behavior from cockroaches. That makes them worthy of DEATH! For those reasons, I think that death is probably the foremost cure to human caused global warming.

Land subsidence.jpg

how can you lose top soil
Where does it go to ..... Mars.
if dirt blows off my place, the next door neighbors blows onto mine.

Although the gov. pays us 10 bucks an acre to plant cover crops.

I spoke in another thread about some of the BS I saw in a television show about human caused global warming. It was called Earth Emergency. One of the things they spoke of was one of the main things that humans in the U.S. do to create methane. A powerful greenhouse gas. It was farmers dumping food to rot that they can't sell. Somebody on the show said that farmers should just give it away if they can't sell it. But farmers need to make money. If they give food away, they won't make money. There was a time that dairy farms used to just dump milk to keep milk prices up. I remember that for a time the government used to give out free cheese. Probably in an effort to make cheese producers able to earn a living, the government bought it and gave it out to the poor.

But the biggest line of crap concerning this matter is that the person said that the U.S. has the ability to feed the world. Maybe. But for how long. The U.S. has probably lost at least one quarter of its farm land because it got too worn out to farm. Each year the U.S. loses around 1.8 billion tons of topsoil due to erosion. I couldn't say how much was lost during the dust bowl when much of it just blew away. We lose topsoil at 10 times its natural replenishment rate. In places like China and India, it is closer to 30 to 40 times faster. We also rely heavily on fertilizers. (And no doubt much pesticide)

Human caused global warming is also causing less rain in some places and too much rain in others. On top of that, we are quickly running out of ground water in many places that is used for farming. In some places, pumping out ground water has actually caused the ground level to lower. I will show you a picture of what that has caused in the San Joaquin Valley. So feed the world? My ass! Even letting in the lowlife third world invaders (immigrants) is something no sane country should do. And why. So we can appear like the nice guy to the world? To hell with that. It would be better to shoot the invaders and survive than to let them in and die along with them. To me it seems they are so worthless that having many babies is the only thing that gives them validation as human beings. And that they seem to learn their breeding behavior from cockroaches. That makes them worthy of DEATH! For those reasons, I think that death is probably the foremost cure to human caused global warming.

View attachment 583678
Oh my God, you mean california feeds the world with pistachios, almonds and wine. These basic necessities will soon be gone. The horror.

Loss of topsoil is a global concern. Once that thin layer of topsoil is worn out it is useless for food production or any plants at all. Topsoil can be rebuilt but it takes education of the public and a lot of hard work. My erosion control certification and background in agriculture made it a big concern of mine since I was a teen. It is an important issue not getting a lot of attention.

Here is an interesting article on the subject of soil depletion and it's effect on the environment. Effects of soil erosion and anoxic-euxinic ocean in the Permian-Triassic marine crisis - PubMed.

Is the science in this paper so bad, they could only find a medical journal to publish it? ... why do you think medical doctors can "peer-review" information about ocean water chemistry during the mid-Phanerozoic? ... what next, pair production research published in Better Homes and Gardens? ...

I only read the abstract ... no mention of elevated sulfur levels ... do the authors deny the existence of the Siberian Traps? ... that would certainly get them excluded from the regular geology journals ...

I'm guessing the OP is a Native American ragging on the whities again ... "kill them all" is a great idea, whitie is the spawn of Satan who arose from the depths of Coldest Hell on Earth (aka Scadinavia) ... Blaming whitie for the Permian Extinction event is a novel idea ... go with it, see where this leads ...

Last edited:
Loss of topsoil is a global concern. Once that thin layer of topsoil is worn out it is useless for food production or any plants at all. Topsoil can be rebuilt but it takes education of the public and a lot of hard work. My erosion control certification and background in agriculture made it a big concern of mine since I was a teen. It is an important issue not getting a lot of attention.
The public is seldom helpful for anything. :(

The public is seldom helpful for anything. :(
Always makes me think of that Tommy Lee comment in the first Men in Black movie.

Edwards : Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.

Kay : A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Is the science in this paper so bad, they could only find a medical journal to publish it? ... why do you think medical doctors can "peer-review" information about ocean water chemistry during the mid-Phanerozoic? ... what next, pair production research published in Better Homes and Gardens? ...

I only read the abstract ... no mention of elevated sulfur levels ... do the authors deny the existence of the Siberian Traps? ... that would certainly get them excluded from the regular geology journals ...

I'm guessing the OP is a Native American ragging on the whities again ... "kill them all" is a great idea, whitie is the spawn of Satan who arose from the depths of Coldest Hell on Earth (aka Scadinavia) ... Blaming whitie for the Permian Extinction event is a novel idea ... go with it, see where this leads ...
Are you suggesting that the linked PubMed article attempted to blame caucasian humans for the Permian extinction? I find that a trifle hard to believe.

PS, PubMed is not a journal. It is a government database of millions of citations from the biomedical literature. An article on topsoil isn't the least bit out of bounds.

Are you suggesting that the linked PubMed article attempted to blame caucasian humans for the Permian extinction? I find that a trifle hard to believe.

PS, PubMed is not a journal. It is a government database of millions of citations from the biomedical literature. An article on topsoil isn't the least bit out of bounds.

It took you six months to come up with this answer? ... so you agree this article is bullshit? ... only liars would defend it? ... this information has been available from the Rodale Press for almost 100 years ... they publish Organic Gardening ... maybe you've heard of it? ...

I'm saying YOU'RE the spawn of Satan ... and I don't care what color your skin is ...

It took you six months to come up with this answer? ... so you agree this article is bullshit? ... only liars would defend it? ... this information has been available from the Rodale Press for almost 100 years ... they publish Organic Gardening ... maybe you've heard of it? ...

I'm saying YOU'RE the spawn of Satan ... and I don't care what color your skin is ...

I know Rodale Press as I purchased a few items back in the 1980's where they tried to get the minimum and No Tillage concepts be practiced in Agriculture.

Forum List

Back