Social Security Will Be Insolvent in 10 Years

The first things they'll cut are social programs and services that benefit the poor, then middle class.

They'll never get around to cutting things that benefit the rich and corporate America. NEVER.
This exists now. Only for Prog agendas using inflation to pay for a lot of their programs. I will round it out at 20%. They are already going to undercut the real inflation for 2024 COLA social security increases at 3%. They are lying. They need every percentage increase to keep themselves not scaring the world markets more than they have done. Real inflation is much higher.

I won't always argue with you. Here is what we see here in Metro Detroit. Muslims/Arabs/Chaldeans really know how to game the system. Way too many of them are on disability and also work at their uncles party store. Free everything. Young healthy men and women. They must have arab doctors that approve them.
Go there once per quarter, see many of them in Dearborn

SS could be fixed tomorrow if the Demafascist cared, all they'd have to do is get on board with the Nortic model:

In 1994 the Social Democrats agreed with the four center-right parties to create an entirely new system based on the principle that pensions should correspond to what the beneficiary pays into the system ā€” a system in which the contribution, not the benefits, is defined.
The reforms were designed to make it impossible to run a deficit and pass the costs to future generations. Crucially, the agreement introduced a balancing mechanism nicknamed ā€œthe brake.ā€ When the economy is doing worse than expected, pension benefits are automatically reduced, and when the economy picks up again, the brake is released.
Sweden introduced partial privatization of the kind the American left derides as a Republican plot to gamble our money away on the stock market. The Swedish government withholds roughly 2.3% of wages and puts it into individual pension accounts. Workers are allowed to choose up to five different funds in which to invest this money, according to their own risk preference, and can change them at any time free.
It has largely worked, and Swedenā€™s retirement system is better off than the United Statesā€™. The supposed model for the Scandinavian welfare state realized it couldnā€™t keep spending other peopleā€™s money forever and made sensible reforms. If Sweden can do it, so can the U.S.

SS could be fixed tomorrow if the Demafascist cared, all they'd have to do is get on board with the Nortic model:

It has largely worked, and Swedenā€™s retirement system is better off than the United Statesā€™. The supposed model for the Scandinavian welfare state realized it couldnā€™t keep spending other peopleā€™s money forever and made sensible reforms. If Sweden can do it, so can the U.S.
The beginning of the end for the American middle class was Reagan

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

Republicans love to cut funding. Schools, prisons, poor people, infrastructure. They'll cut cut cut services that help poor and middle people. Never corporate welfare. And their cuts won't solve anything. But they will have saved Rich people more money. And they will NEVER go along with undoing the Reagan/Bush/Trump tax breaks.

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they're still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

Republicans love to cut funding. Schools, prisons, poor people, infrastructure. They'll cut cut cut services that help poor and middle people. Never corporate welfare. And their cuts won't solve anything. But they will have saved Rich people more money. And they will NEVER go along with undoing the Reagan/Bush/Trump tax breaks.
The middle class surged under Reagan, in fact Reagan's economy created what we now call the upper middle class...people got richer.
Middle Class "Shrinking" Upward The graph below shows the percentage of all households in low, middle, and high income categories. During economic decline, household income tends to fall, while during economic progress, household incomes tend to increase. The 1982-89 expansion conforms to the expected pattern of income growth during an economic upturn.

Meanwhile, the percentage of households with incomes over $50,000 jumped from 17.6 percent in 1980 and 1982, to 23.5 percent in 1989. This remarkable increase in the proportion of high income households is another sign of solid income growth. Notice how the strong upward mobility has affected the middle category. This group comprised 55 percent of all households in 1980, 53.8 percent in 1982, and 51.1 percent by 1989. In this one sense, the middle class did indeed shrink during the 1980s. Is this good or bad?
Conclusion Liberal critics of the 1980s who argue that the middle class withered are half right for the wrong reasons. The proportion of middle class Americans did indeed decline, but this reflected an upward movement of households into the high income category. Meanwhile, the proportion of low income households declined, as more became middle class. The income growth of the Reagan years boosted the fortunes of Americans at all income levels.

Under Xiden a record number of Americans are worse off then before he became President...demafacsit policies at work

Record numbers of people are worse off, a recipe for political discontent: POLL​

The problem with your demafascist propaganda is, well...facts....facts cut your lies

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%.

Why do you keep posting this error? He never cut them down to 27% and it wasn't immediate.

Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983

They were already down to 12.5% in 1980, before he was elected.

Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA),

The payroll tax rate was 6.7% when the Greenspan commission recommended changes in 1983.
It's now 7.65%.
I know your source is a commie, but that's not even close to double.

Why do you keep posting this error? He never cut them down to 27% and it wasn't immediate.

Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983

Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA),

The payroll tax rate was 6.7% when the Greenspan commission recommended changes in 1983.
It's now 7.65%.
Because he is LYING.

Tax revenue soared under Reagan after he allowed working men and women to keep more of their hard earned cash...https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W006RC1Q027SBEA

Thank you for your comment. Believe it or not, I am actually going to pay you a compliment. See, I do not actually believe that you are as stupid as you pretend to be online. I even have my suspicions that you do not even believe the ridiculous nonsense you espouse to others on a regular basis. I know it is fun to act stupid and be snarky. Thanks to the advent of the internet you can now do this with little to no consequence.

A virtuous man, or woman, of honor knows that there are a number of things that must be collectively valued highly in order to maintain a civil society. These things consist of matters such as honesty, having a strong work ethic, being productive, and tolerance of diversity of opinions and ideas. Too many people today choose to live without virtue and a sense of honor. But it is our duty to seek a virtuous life if we are to effectively live in peace with one another. This requires, inter alia, education on a myriad of topics fueled by a natural curiosity and drive to better oneself and, therefore, society in general.

Such a heightened and enlightened consciousness cannot be found on the internet. Cyberspace is a dark, virtueless morass of social toxicity that is the antithesis to virtue. I acknowledge this, and I have some some time now. Therefore, I begrudge nobody their words and thoughts in the cyber world. I expect nothing from them. They are nothing, and they are of no consequence to me. Their value, if any, is what you choose it to be.

In order to stave off the inevitable nihilism associated with internet socializing, I choose to accept faith in the belief that nobody can really be as stupid and ignorant as you appear to be from the comments you publicly make. Most assuredly you are merely saying what you say in order to derive some sort of pleasure from a deviant fetish you harbor based on watching people respond to your bullshit.

It's now 7.65%.
I just ignore this poster. He's dumber than shit.

Nice copy and paste.

Or did you really waste all that time typing all that shit?
Why not just post the link you copied it from?
In other words, "WAAAAHAHHAHAHHHHHHH!!!" ( <----- Bitch tears).

Tax revenue soared under Reagan after he allowed working men and women to keep more of their hard earned cash...https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W006RC1Q027SBEA

Yes, inflation and printing massive amounts of hot money creates bubbles and then the math challenged claim it raised revenues, never mind the costs of the collapses and bailouts that follow these bubbles; just blame those on 'govt'. too. lol

It's now 7.65%.

^^^lol Todd needs a GoFundMe page, so he can go back and finish 6th grade, especially the math and reading classes.

The middle class surged under Reagan, in fact Reagan's economy created what we now call the upper middle class...people got richer.
Middle Class "Shrinking" Upward The graph below shows the percentage of all households in low, middle, and high income categories. During economic decline, household income tends to fall, while during economic progress, household incomes tend to increase. The 1982-89 expansion conforms to the expected pattern of income growth during an economic upturn.

Meanwhile, the percentage of households with incomes over $50,000 jumped from 17.6 percent in 1980 and 1982, to 23.5 percent in 1989. This remarkable increase in the proportion of high income households is another sign of solid income growth. Notice how the strong upward mobility has affected the middle category. This group comprised 55 percent of all households in 1980, 53.8 percent in 1982, and 51.1 percent by 1989. In this one sense, the middle class did indeed shrink during the 1980s. Is this good or bad?
Conclusion Liberal critics of the 1980s who argue that the middle class withered are half right for the wrong reasons. The proportion of middle class Americans did indeed decline, but this reflected an upward movement of households into the high income category. Meanwhile, the proportion of low income households declined, as more became middle class. The income growth of the Reagan years boosted the fortunes of Americans at all income levels.

Under Xiden a record number of Americans are worse off then before he became President...demafacsit policies at work

Record numbers of people are worse off, a recipe for political discontent: POLL​

The problem with your demafascist propaganda is, well...facts....facts cut your lies
The current middle class may have surged under Reagan but his policies would fuck the future middle class. For example, Reagan bailed out Ford. My dad worked for Ford. It got Reagan a second term. My dad worshipped Reagan. But my dad was in a union. He didn't realize Reagan's actions would lead to jobs like his going to mexico. My dad didn't realize back then Reagan was the start of breaking unions and turning a blind eye to illegal employers.

I told you that since 1978 to now, CEO pay went up 1322% and our pay went up 18%. Reagan is the beginning of that. Wake up fool.

The current middle class may have surged under Reagan but his policies would fuck the future middle class. For example, Reagan bailed out Ford. My dad worked for Ford. It got Reagan a second term. My dad worshipped Reagan. But my dad was in a union. He didn't realize Reagan's actions would lead to jobs like his going to mexico. My dad didn't realize back then Reagan was the start of breaking unions and turning a blind eye to illegal employers.

I told you that since 1978 to now, CEO pay went up 1322% and our pay went up 18%. Reagan is the beginning of that. Wake up fool.

I told you that since 1978 to now, CEO pay went up 1322% and our pay went up 18%.

You lied.

Forum List

Back