• No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Would have gotten whoever was in charge to fix check, then paid

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I dunno

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I'm understanding your story properly it sounds as if the waitress had good intentions, i.e. not sticking one coworker with the bill for the husband. None of her business, of course, but in the overall scheme of things not a killing offense.

Yeah, she had no malicious intent at all, but had a sort of goofy-loosey attitude about other peoples money.

I think that is why it seems most of the liberals on this thread are saying that they would have paid.

I think the person that wasn't paying for the coworker's husband was a cheapskate for not offering to split that cost, too.

If not being a cheapskate is a liberal failing to you I am all :thup:

A co-worker, whom I greatly respect did something I cannot fathom. So I thought I would bounce it off some folks here and see if I am way off base here or if she might have been to quick to avoid a socially awkward situation.

We were eating at a new resturaunt, and we had a large going away party for a different co-worker. The waitress was very friendly, but a bit disorganized. She brought out the wrong meal for several of us (wrong table), forgot my straw for my soda, forgot seperate plates for the appetizer, and several times stuck her elbow in my face while she talked to the person beside me. And I wasnt the only one who experienced this kind of thing.

The most dramatic case of waitress blundering though was the following converstation that I am editing slightly for brevity (and because I cant rremember all of the exact words anyway).

Waitress to co-waorker: I split your bill with seat 6 so it would be more even for you.

Co-worker: You what?

Waitress: I split your bill between you two since you are each paying for the two workers leaving your company just to make it fair.

Co-worker: But the other person is also paying for her husbands meal, so it shouldnt be even bill.

Waitress: Oh, I see, well the meals all average out to $7 anyway.

Co-worker: I dont care. Please, correct the bill and bill me for what I said I ordered.

Waitress: OK, well, I'll be right back, sweety.

(waitress goes away for a few minutes then returns)

Waitress: Sorry ma'am, but I cant change your bill.

Co-worker: You cant what?

Waitress: I cant change your bill. The computer has it recorded the way I put it in and only the manager can change that, but he is in a meeting.

Co-worker: I dont understand.

Waitress (sits down in chair next to co-worker): See hon, (holds the ticket out for co-worker to see along with her) I have this and this and this on your ticket and I cant take it off because the computer has these items on your ticket.

Co-worker (exasperated): OK, fine, whatever. Here is my card.....

When my co-worker told me about it with another co-worker verifying the account, I was stunned at the waitresses behavior (though my own experience with her made me think it all within the realm of plausibility) but also that my co-worker actually paid for the items she didnt order.

There is no way in hell I would have paid for that stuff, period, nada, zero, null chance at that whatsoever.

When I said this, everyone looked at me like I was being unreasonable.

Would you have paid that ticket?

Long story short...... pay the damn bill and don't leave a tip.

No, they'd rather come here, make a thread and whine about the fucking thing all day and night.

I simply asked a question; YOU are the one whining incessantly, duh.

lol

Funny, i am not a liberal and i would have paid. I always wonder why people get so worked up over bad service at a restaurant as if they are never going to eat again. I have found that people getting upset over bad service and then going on and on about how they were dissed or whatever is more upsetting and ruins the fun of dining than does the actual bad service. Bad service, so what? And, it does sound like the waitress did try to engage the party and do some things she thought would be helpful in her way.

No one said anything about this at the resturant, other than the discussion over the bill my co-worker had.

It was only after we got back to the office and I asked if anyone else had a problem with how bad the service was that the co-workers bill fiasco came to my attention.

I'm curious to know why you didn't chip in for your coworker's going away party.

$7??? Pay it in full w/ 25% gratuity then STFU & GTFO!!!

Hahah, no frigging way.

You were a service person too once?

The $7 was for the added meals, while the primary customers order was regular cost. I got the feeling from hearing it that she just didnt want to sort through the numbers.

so what? eventually stuff like that comes out in the wash, anyway.

seriously. do people really fuss over things like that?

Man, your that wealthy that you can just toss money aside to not make waves?

That simply makes no snse to me.

Hey, I got an idea, why dont you prove your point by sending ME $14?

And to everyone else on this thread too that says they wouldnt pay?

Must be great to be able to throw money around like that with no worries in life, lol.

Its also interesting how you dont care that they are screwing you over whether intentionally or not. You are just OK with that? lolol

Funny, i am not a liberal and i would have paid. I always wonder why people get so worked up over bad service at a restaurant as if they are never going to eat again. I have found that people getting upset over bad service and then going on and on about how they were dissed or whatever is more upsetting and ruins the fun of dining than does the actual bad service. Bad service, so what? And, it does sound like the waitress did try to engage the party and do some things she thought would be helpful in her way.

No one said anything about this at the resturant, other than the discussion over the bill my co-worker had.

It was only after we got back to the office and I asked if anyone else had a problem with how bad the service was that the co-workers bill fiasco came to my attention.

I'm curious to know why you didn't chip in for your coworker's going away party.

I had already bought them dinner the previous week, and besides that no one asked me to split on the lunch.

If I'm understanding your story properly it sounds as if the waitress had good intentions, i.e. not sticking one coworker with the bill for the husband. None of her business, of course, but in the overall scheme of things not a killing offense.

Yeah, she had no malicious intent at all, but had a sort of goofy-loosey attitude about other peoples money.

I think that is why it seems most of the liberals on this thread are saying that they would have paid.

I think the person that wasn't paying for the coworker's husband was a cheapskate for not offering to split that cost, too.

So a single goes to lunch with a couple and you think the single person should offer to split the couples check?

I have never heard of anything like that in my life.

Oh brother. Now you want her to go to jail? :lol:

You're an idiot, aren't you?

Yes, she is.

I'm sorry. It must cause you pain.

I suspect it causes the entire cosmos pain.

Though you probably don't connect the pain to your own idiocy. And that's sad in and of itself.

True, but that comes with her being such an idiot. Its kind of like getting drunk; as you get drunk your ability to tell you are drunk in itself diminishes.

Idiocy is that way too; she probably has no idea she is a moron.
wtf do you and KG hate people with different opinions to this extent? Let go of your hate people, jebus! Sounds like the two of you need an intervention.

I had already bought them dinner the previous week, and besides that no one asked me to split on the lunch.

So you're just a sanctimonious, cheap busybody.

Got it.

So a single goes to lunch with a couple and you think the single person should offer to split the couples check?

No, he or she should stick it to the other co-worker. :rolleyes:

Which is what he did.

The rule of life is that if you go out and eat with other people, at times you might get stiffed, have to pay more or whatever. Oh well. The only solution to that is make sure you always get a separate check. As for tossing money around, i blow around stupid money all the time. There are things in life you can control and times to not let the things control you and move on. So you are out a few bucks. Big deal. But, if you are going to a party, you are going to be footing a portion of the tab, probably more than you really spent if your are funding the drinkers in the group. That is just how it goes. If you don't like that, then don't go or work it out up front.

But, i guess i would also assume that most decent people in a group would actually be trying or at least offer to pay what they really owed.

You still missed the fact that I tipped well over 20% and I made no big deal about the waitresses blunderings I had to endure.

You are a judgemental, presumptive, jerk.

Go take a hike, moron.

You are the one who said it was about a $7 bill and now your are changing the scenario. Sorry, you and your "friend" handled it all wrong. Start to finish, wrong.

Lol, I never said it was a $7 bill, idiot, I said that is what the waitress said in her guesstimate.

I handled nothing since I was not a part of the bill fiasco and my co-worker handled it like you said you would. After trying to straighten things out with the waitress, she saw it was going to be a mess and went ahead and just paid it.

I am going to bookmark this thread as an illustration of what idiots you and Samson are, lolol.

perhaps you should ask the rest of us who the idiots on this thread are.

hint: it's not samson or sarah :thup:

when you go out with people, you should expect the bill to be divided evenly... sometimes you come out ahead, sometimes you get beat.

but i'm so happy you're proud you harassed the working person. good on her for patronizing you all...

hun...

:lol: More details you failed to provide before seeking opinions in this stupid thread.

You are the one who said it was about a $7 bill and now your are changing the scenario. Sorry, you and your "friend" handled it all wrong. Start to finish, wrong.

Lol, I never said it was a $7 bill, idiot, I said that is what the waitress said in her guesstimate.

I handled nothing since I was not a part of the bill fiasco and my co-worker handled it like you said you would. After trying to straighten things out with the waitress, she saw it was going to be a mess and went ahead and just paid it.

I am going to bookmark this thread as an illustration of what idiots you and Samson are, lolol.

when you go out with people, you should expect the bill to be divided evenly... sometimes you come out ahead, sometimes you get beat.

but i'm so happy you're proud you harassed the working person. good on her for patronizing you all...

hun...
To be fair, Samson is an idiot.

That is how some people think, because it is not fair that one person pays less than a couple.

hun...

Funny, when I go out with people I expect the bill to go one of two ways, everyone pays for their own meal, or someone pays for everyone. I never expect the bill to be divided evenly because I expect people to be self supporting, not mooches. Then again, I am not a liberal.

hun...

Sure, when you go out with a group of people and have determined that's the way you're dividing the bill.

But that's not what happened in this case. The waitress came to him and said she had decided to divide his bill with a specific couple, without first consulting with them.

It's highly, highly suspect.

A co-worker, whom I greatly respect did something I cannot fathom. So I thought I would bounce it off some folks here and see if I am way off base here or if she might have been to quick to avoid a socially awkward situation.

We were eating at a new resturaunt, and we had a large going away party for a different co-worker. The waitress was very friendly, but a bit disorganized. She brought out the wrong meal for several of us (wrong table), forgot my straw for my soda, forgot seperate plates for the appetizer, and several times stuck her elbow in my face while she talked to the person beside me. And I wasnt the only one who experienced this kind of thing.

The most dramatic case of waitress blundering though was the following converstation that I am editing slightly for brevity (and because I cant rremember all of the exact words anyway).

Waitress to co-waorker: I split your bill with seat 6 so it would be more even for you.

Co-worker: You what?

Waitress: I split your bill between you two since you are each paying for the two workers leaving your company just to make it fair.

Co-worker: But the other person is also paying for her husbands meal, so it shouldnt be even bill.

Waitress: Oh, I see, well the meals all average out to $7 anyway.

Co-worker: I dont care. Please, correct the bill and bill me for what I said I ordered.

Waitress: OK, well, I'll be right back, sweety.

(waitress goes away for a few minutes then returns)

Waitress: Sorry ma'am, but I cant change your bill.

Co-worker: You cant what?

Waitress: I cant change your bill. The computer has it recorded the way I put it in and only the manager can change that, but he is in a meeting.

Co-worker: I dont understand.

Waitress (sits down in chair next to co-worker): See hon, (holds the ticket out for co-worker to see along with her) I have this and this and this on your ticket and I cant take it off because the computer has these items on your ticket.

Co-worker (exasperated): OK, fine, whatever. Here is my card.....

When my co-worker told me about it with another co-worker verifying the account, I was stunned at the waitresses behavior (though my own experience with her made me think it all within the realm of plausibility) but also that my co-worker actually paid for the items she didnt order.

There is no way in hell I would have paid for that stuff, period, nada, zero, null chance at that whatsoever.

When I said this, everyone looked at me like I was being unreasonable.

Would you have paid that ticket?
Yes.

You're an idiot, aren't you?

Yes, she is.

I suspect it causes the entire cosmos pain.

Though you probably don't connect the pain to your own idiocy. And that's sad in and of itself.

True, but that comes with her being such an idiot. Its kind of like getting drunk; as you get drunk your ability to tell you are drunk in itself diminishes.

Idiocy is that way too; she probably has no idea she is a moron.
wtf do you and KG hate people with different opinions to this extent? Let go of your hate people, jebus! Sounds like the two of you need an intervention.

Because its not just a different opinion; it is a stupid opinion that ignores repeatedly stated facts, and is presented as though the rest of us have to be inhumane to not readily pay whatever some random waitress decides to put on our bill.

And alos I think they are not being honest. I dont think that most of these people would actually pay for the things they didnt have, but they are arguing for the sake of arguing.

To assert that everyone else should willingly accept such unasked added items on their bill is absurd.

Whatever some libtard wants to do is their business but when they say I should live that way too they can kiss my a$$.

Hmmm...it's racist to admit that ghettos have high crime rates, and it's hateful to avoid a scam.

Ravi's hot tonight.

Forum List

Back