• No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Would have gotten whoever was in charge to fix check, then paid

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I dunno

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol, I never said it was a $7 bill, idiot, I said that is what the waitress said in her guesstimate.

I handled nothing since I was not a part of the bill fiasco and my co-worker handled it like you said you would. After trying to straighten things out with the waitress, she saw it was going to be a mess and went ahead and just paid it.

I am going to bookmark this thread as an illustration of what idiots you and Samson are, lolol.

perhaps you should ask the rest of us who the idiots on this thread are.

hint: it's not samson or sarah :thup:

when you go out with people, you should expect the bill to be divided evenly... sometimes you come out ahead, sometimes you get beat.

but i'm so happy you're proud you harassed the working person. good on her for patronizing you all...

hun...

Sure, when you go out with a group of people and have determined that's the way you're dividing the bill.

But that's not what happened in this case. The waitress came to him and said she had decided to divide his bill with a specific couple, without first consulting with them.

It's highly, highly suspect.

Who would she have scammed other than the boss? It sounds as though the amount was correct an they could have divvied it up correctly on their own.

Yes, she is.

I suspect it causes the entire cosmos pain.

True, but that comes with her being such an idiot. Its kind of like getting drunk; as you get drunk your ability to tell you are drunk in itself diminishes.

Idiocy is that way too; she probably has no idea she is a moron.
wtf do you and KG hate people with different opinions to this extent? Let go of your hate people, jebus! Sounds like the two of you need an intervention.

Because its not just a different opinion; it is a stupid opinion that ignores repeatedly stated facts, and is presented as though the rest of us have to be inhumane to not readily pay whatever some random waitress decides to put on our bill.

And alos I think they are not being honest. I dont think that most of these people would actually pay for the things they didnt have, but they are arguing for the sake of arguing.

To assert that everyone else should willingly accept such unasked added items on their bill is absurd.

Whatever some libtard wants to do is their business but when they say I should live that way too they can kiss my a$$.

You are free to do as you please, which is apparently be a cheapskate and make a point of not contributing to your coworkers going away party AND wishing she/he was made to feel uncomfortable about a very small bill at her/his own party.

140 posts for THAT tarded OP?

2954.png

Last edited:
$7??? Pay it in full w/ 25% gratuity then STFU & GTFO!!!

No lie. The OP is a cheap POS.

Reminds me of all those a-holes back when I delivered pizza who used the excuse "I don't have enough money to tip" ? Really? Then fuck you, you don't have enough money to order out either dickface, go to the grocery store! And next time you're getting your pizza last and I'll do everything I can to make sure its cold!

Last edited:
wtf do you and KG hate people with different opinions to this extent? Let go of your hate people, jebus! Sounds like the two of you need an intervention.

Because its not just a different opinion; it is a stupid opinion that ignores repeatedly stated facts, and is presented as though the rest of us have to be inhumane to not readily pay whatever some random waitress decides to put on our bill.

And alos I think they are not being honest. I dont think that most of these people would actually pay for the things they didnt have, but they are arguing for the sake of arguing.

To assert that everyone else should willingly accept such unasked added items on their bill is absurd.

Whatever some libtard wants to do is their business but when they say I should live that way too they can kiss my a$$.

You are free to do as you please, which is apparently be a cheapskate and make a point of not contributing to your coworkers going away party AND wishing she/he was made to feel uncomfortable about a very small bill at her/his own party.

The OP has clearly never worked for tips or in the restaurant industry.

Sounds like the kinda person who would bitch about their pizza being late 5 minutes in the pouring rain.

Lol, I never said it was a $7 bill, idiot, I said that is what the waitress said in her guesstimate.

I handled nothing since I was not a part of the bill fiasco and my co-worker handled it like you said you would. After trying to straighten things out with the waitress, she saw it was going to be a mess and went ahead and just paid it.

I am going to bookmark this thread as an illustration of what idiots you and Samson are, lolol.

perhaps you should ask the rest of us who the idiots on this thread are.

hint: it's not samson or sarah :thup:

when you go out with people, you should expect the bill to be divided evenly... sometimes you come out ahead, sometimes you get beat.

but i'm so happy you're proud you harassed the working person. good on her for patronizing you all...

hun...

Sure, when you go out with a group of people and have determined that's the way you're dividing the bill.

But that's not what happened in this case. The waitress came to him and said she had decided to divide his bill with a specific couple, without first consulting with them.

It's highly, highly suspect.

A few points:

1) Its SEVEN DOLLARS.

2) Use MATH and determine the difference yourself, and then use CASH to settle it. Grown ups can do math and grown ups carry at least a little cash.

3) Its SEVEN DOLLARS.

4) At most places parties of 6 or more aren't allowed to have split bills anyway. Also, if you're asking a bill to be split anymore than 3 ways, you're a dick, see #2 and buy a calculator if you really need it down to the fucking cent.

5) Its SEVEN DOLLARS.

Seven dollars represents quite a bit of hard work to me.

Server scams target primarily large groups, and that was a classic one.

I spent some years as a server,which is why I recognize it.

And just because it's not a lot of money is no reason to pay up. Scammers count on idiots to do just that.

I always tip my pizza delivery person, and I always tip my servers...well. That doesn't mean I have to look the other way when they're trying to rip me off.

A co-worker, whom I greatly respect did something I cannot fathom. So I thought I would bounce it off some folks here and see if I am way off base here or if she might have been to quick to avoid a socially awkward situation.

We were eating at a new resturaunt, and we had a large going away party for a different co-worker. The waitress was very friendly, but a bit disorganized. She brought out the wrong meal for several of us (wrong table), forgot my straw for my soda, forgot seperate plates for the appetizer, and several times stuck her elbow in my face while she talked to the person beside me. And I wasnt the only one who experienced this kind of thing.

The most dramatic case of waitress blundering though was the following converstation that I am editing slightly for brevity (and because I cant rremember all of the exact words anyway).

Waitress to co-waorker: I split your bill with seat 6 so it would be more even for you.

Co-worker: You what?

Waitress: I split your bill between you two since you are each paying for the two workers leaving your company just to make it fair.

Co-worker: But the other person is also paying for her husbands meal, so it shouldnt be even bill.

Waitress: Oh, I see, well the meals all average out to $7 anyway.

Co-worker: I dont care. Please, correct the bill and bill me for what I said I ordered.

Waitress: OK, well, I'll be right back, sweety.

(waitress goes away for a few minutes then returns)

Waitress: Sorry ma'am, but I cant change your bill.

Co-worker: You cant what?

Waitress: I cant change your bill. The computer has it recorded the way I put it in and only the manager can change that, but he is in a meeting.

Co-worker: I dont understand.

Waitress (sits down in chair next to co-worker): See hon, (holds the ticket out for co-worker to see along with her) I have this and this and this on your ticket and I cant take it off because the computer has these items on your ticket.

Co-worker (exasperated): OK, fine, whatever. Here is my card.....

When my co-worker told me about it with another co-worker verifying the account, I was stunned at the waitresses behavior (though my own experience with her made me think it all within the realm of plausibility) but also that my co-worker actually paid for the items she didnt order.

There is no way in hell I would have paid for that stuff, period, nada, zero, null chance at that whatsoever.

When I said this, everyone looked at me like I was being unreasonable.

Would you have paid that ticket?

It's 7 bucks - don't split the ticket next time.

Apparently you hang out with a bunch of George Costanza's...

That is one of the reasons why I have absolutely no desire to eat with a big group of people - the bill..

Not that I don't eat with people... However the people I do eat with I take the tab and buy everyones meal. then next time they will buy the meal......

Hell, sometimes out of fun we flip a coin to see who gets to buy the meal...

Of course if there was something on the ticket I didn't order or anyone in my party didn't order then I would say something, but splitting a ticket then crying that so and so's french fries were on your ticket is total nonsense...

And just because it's not a lot of money is no reason to pay up. Scammers count on idiots to do just that.

I always tip my pizza delivery person, and I always tip my servers...well. That doesn't mean I have to look the other way when they're trying to rip me off.

You do realize its impossible to pull such a scam considering that everything is digitized these days??

Do you really believe they give what they write down to the cook in the back like back in the 70's??

A scam would be impossible...

Seriously? Or is it 'to long, didn't read'?

The co-workers keep changing.

OK, I was trying to keep it relatively anonymous for obvious reasons.

There were two co-workers (A and B lets say) leaving the company. Two other co-workers (C & D)were going to pay for one of their meals each (C->A and D-> B). But co-worker D also brought her husband along, call him E.

So C should have paid for the tickets of A and C, while D should have paid for the meals for B, E and D.

Co-worker C was the co-worker who had the dialogue with the waitress and also the one who got hammered by splitting the bill among all five A through E.

Hope that helps.

Immensely.

A high school diploma is not what it used to be.

Thai waitresses would never do that.

You do realize its impossible to pull such a scam considering that everything is digitized these days??

Do you really believe they give what they write down to the cook in the back like back in the 70's??

You're an idiot, then. And apparently didn't read the links provided regarding the most common scams these days, which include all sorts of interesting manipulations of checks and charges.

You're an idiot, then. And apparently didn't read the links provided regarding the most common scams these days, which include all sorts of interesting manipulations of checks and charges.

Well, you're the person who put the apostrophe in the wrong place - THEN...

Modern POS machines print out orders to the cooks and receipts to the patrons...

It's impossible to pull a scam in that fashion....

I could see credit card numbers being stolen but a 7 dollar scam- :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As I said, you're an idiot.

Where'd I screw up the apostrophe? If I did, it was a typo. Incidentally, "70's" is not possessive, it's plural in the sense you used it...no apostrophe at all.

As I said, you're an idiot

Where'd I screw up the apostrophe? If I did, it was a typo. Incidentally, "70's" is not possessive, it's plural in the sense you used it...no apostrophe at all.

"You're an idiot, then."

Hey, I'm not the person who manufactured or progressed English grammar and I have no fucking idea as to why there is always an apostrophe after 70's..

However I do know "You're an idiot, then." makes no fucking sense..

Maybe 70's is plural because it refers to 10 different years ever think of that???

Makes sense to me...

Last edited:
" used to scam people as a waitress. Sometimes I would run two tickets… I would over charge them $8-10 for their meal and run up one ticket and then I would intentionally correct it on a second ticket. I would give the higher ticket to the customers. If they paid cash, I would ring them up at the register for the lesser of the two tickets the corrected one, but only give them the change for the higher of the two tickets the over charged one. I would pocket the difference.
Two Tickets, one for $50 (over charged) one for $42 (right amount) = profit of $8.
If they paid credit card I would ring them up for the lesser amount and not do this scam, but I might raise the tip amount after they left.
I would do these scams 4-5 times a night and net between $50-80 depending on the size of their bill. It worked like a charm!"
ExpandMyWealth.com » Blog Archive » How Waiters and Bartenders can Make Money Scamming People

That's to show you up as a dolt for saying that such scams are impossible.

Regarding apostrophes, you're doubly an idiot:

"You are an idiot, then" translates to "You're an idiot, then" and the grammar, as well as the punctuation, is perfect. Thank you. I don't know what school you have been educated at, but I suggest you return.

"
Rule 1

Use the apostrophe with contractions. The apostrophe is always placed at the spot where the letter(s) has been removed.
Examples:
don't, isn't
You're right.
She's a great teacher."

And 70's vs. 70s...

"the 1990s not the 1990's
the '90s or the mid-'70s not the '90's or the mid-'70's"

Fucking idiot.

Apostrophes | Punctuation Rules

What you mean is that you'll charge us for a $50 room, even though it only costs $42..

Oh wait, such a scam is impossible in the 2000's, I forgot.

Forum List

Back