Social Media is a cesspool

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
I am seriously considering banning my kids from using it, even though it doesn’t seem feasible. What is wrong with people!?! Our politicians need to unite and do something about this. We likely all agree that this is utterly abhorrent.

Why do you want the govt. involved look at how you all reacted to Trump getting banned for his blatant lies and misinformation?

Yup. Similar story from my country.
16 year old kid thought he found love with a woman in Africa.
She said she wanted to see him naked. As soon as he was naked, she left the screen and a black man appeared demanding 10 grand or he would post the naked images all over his family and friends facebook.
His parents called the cops, but they said they could do nothing as the culprits were in Nigeria.
Kid killed himself.

I ditched twitter, and have a fake name Facebook account with no friends etc. Never used my real name on social media, which is the most important item of note. Kids seeking their real friends, and making "new" friends, on social media seems like an arms race to keep up.

Ours didn't have his own computer until he was 16. He didn't get privacy on it until he was 18.

Smartphones were still mostly an idea, so that wasn't a problem.

My grandsons grades were down a couple of years ago so his mom took his computer and Ipad away...they restricted his phone and supervised him when he used the computer for school...his grades are back to straight A's....and he lost 10 pounds because he is outside....not on the couch....

Why do you want the govt. involved look at how you all reacted to Trump getting banned for his blatant lies and misinformation?

I'd hate to ask what "blatant" lies and misinformation you refer to. When something is blatantly false, it has an obvious and simple proof of the falsity, you know, like all of the blatant lies and misinformation being shoved at us by Biden and Harris.

Why do you always stalk me? Bored?
Why are you always on USMB are you in love wit me?
LOL so you’re USMB now? Megalomaniac you are.
He is stupid and trolling....all day long dumb comments....if he has nothing to say of substance ever then ignore him....

Why do you always stalk me? Bored?
I don't know if he is stalking, but he does have absolutely no impulse control and is extremely compulsive.

It's almost as if he sees it as his duty to inject irrelevance into as many posts as he can.

Forum List

Back