Soaring Bankruptcy Rates Signal A Coming Storm For Broke Elderly

what is it you need explained for your lesson today?
"Three main ACA changes lead to Medicaid enrollment gains. Medicaid expansion to low-income adults. The ACA expands Medicaid eligibility to adults with incomes at or below 138 percent of the poverty line, which is just over $16,000 per year for an individual today.May 5, 2014"

How is the ACA Impacting Medicaid Enrollment?

"New data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) shows that as of the end of March 2014, Medicaid and CHIP enrollment had increased by over 4.8 million people since open enrollment began for the new Health Insurance Marketplaces in October 2013. These data help provide a better understanding of how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is impacting Medicaid enrollment,"
Holy Shit!! You don't even understand that Medicaid and Medicare are entirely different programs!!
did the ACA cause an expansion in them or not? I just gave you evidence it did. both government programs correct? paid for with tax dollars correct?

No, just Medicaid.
Differences between Medicare and Medicaid - Medicare Interactive
  • "Medicare is a federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65 and older or have a severe disability, no matter your income.
  • Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income.
  • If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dually eligible individual), you can have both, and they will work together to provide you with health coverage at very low cost to you."
nit picking to me. LOL. both government funded no matter how you fking slice it. and they increased due to the ACA.
Well, well, well. You did some homework and learned to difference between Medicare and Medicaid, proving that you are not a total dolt after all. And yes they are both government funded, but we already knew that. However, your contention that Medicare was expanded under the ACA, and your apparent insistence that the ACA is somehow related to the issue of senior financial difficulties is just plain stupid. I'll give you a C- on your assignment, and that is being generous.

This makes a lot of sense. My mom gets $1200 per month on Social Security. Medicare and the back up BCBS plan are about $350 per month. Meds cost her about $150 per month. How far can a 75 year old person get on $700 per month.

Funny no one mentioned the Reverse mortgage of Saint Ronnie Ray Goons design. I know of plenty of people who have lost their home because of the reverse mortgage.

"Three main ACA changes lead to Medicaid enrollment gains. Medicaid expansion to low-income adults. The ACA expands Medicaid eligibility to adults with incomes at or below 138 percent of the poverty line, which is just over $16,000 per year for an individual today.May 5, 2014"

How is the ACA Impacting Medicaid Enrollment?

"New data released by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) shows that as of the end of March 2014, Medicaid and CHIP enrollment had increased by over 4.8 million people since open enrollment began for the new Health Insurance Marketplaces in October 2013. These data help provide a better understanding of how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is impacting Medicaid enrollment,"
Holy Shit!! You don't even understand that Medicaid and Medicare are entirely different programs!!
did the ACA cause an expansion in them or not? I just gave you evidence it did. both government programs correct? paid for with tax dollars correct?

No, just Medicaid.
  • "Medicare is a federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65 and older or have a severe disability, no matter your income.
  • Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income.
  • If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid (dually eligible individual), you can have both, and they will work together to provide you with health coverage at very low cost to you."
nit picking to me. LOL. both government funded no matter how you fking slice it. and they increased due to the ACA.
Well, well, well. You did some homework and learned to difference between Medicare and Medicaid, proving that you are not a total dolt after all. And yes they are both government funded, but we already knew that. However, your contention that Medicare was expanded under the ACA, and your apparent insistence that the ACA is somehow related to the issue of senior financial difficulties is just plain stupid. I'll give you a C- on your assignment, and that is being generous.
Yep doesn’t change my original statement

Funny no one mentioned the Reverse mortgage of Saint Ronnie Ray Goons design. I know of plenty of people who have lost their home because of the reverse mortgage.

I know of plenty of people who have lost their home because of the reverse mortgage.

How did they do that?

william the wie, post: 2072000.
Yeah, the ACA has done massive damage to this country, good find

DJT for Life, post: 20720060
All of Insurance has skyrocketed thanks to the ACA.

jc456, post: 20720072
see what obammycare did? wow.

Such a fools you are. In denial of reality when you try to blame the ACA for bankrupting the elderly.

The total premium paid for a health plan provided by an employer grew by an average annual rate of 4.7 percent from 2006 through 2010, the report found. But from 2010 through 2015 — the time span in which Obamacare has been in effect — that average annual rate slowed to 3.8 percent.

Your employer's insurance costs are growing slower, but you're likely still feeling a pinch

Republicans would destroy Medicare if they could. The ACA did nothing to reduce Medicare benefits to retired Americans. The problem defined by the OP link is soaring healthcare costs hitting the elderly on a fixed income that have run out of savings.

Start dealing with reality for your own good. You may be headed for bankruptcy yourself someday. Republicanism bakes it into the entire system.

By Tierney Sneed
June 21, 2016 6:00 am

A new report by the Urban Institute analyzing government projections in U.S. health care spending shows that it is growing at even slower rates than what was originally projected with the passage of Affordable Care Act. The study predicts that the U.S. will spend $2.6 trillion less on health care between 2014-2019 than what was initially anticipated when Obamacare was passed in 2010.

Health Care Costs Grow Dramatically Slower Than Expected After Obamacare

You would be feeling a worse pinch from health care inflation had the ACA been passed.

Last edited:

No, just Medicaid.

Yep doesn’t change your original idiotic statement that the ACA is responsible for senior poverty. You can't un-ring that bell

No, just Medicaid.

Yep doesn’t change your original idiotic statement that the ACA is responsible for senior poverty. You can't un-ring that bell
correct.

I know of plenty of people who have lost their home because of the reverse mortgage.

How did they do that?
The property tax is still their problem to pay as well as the maintenance of the house. Property insurance is also a mandate and if a roof needs to be replaced they can not pay for it and the bank takes the home for a default of contract.

How did they do that?
The property tax is still their problem to pay as well as the maintenance of the house. Property insurance is also a mandate and if a roof needs to be replaced they can not pay for it and the bank takes the home for a default of contract.

The property tax is still their problem to pay as well as the maintenance of the house.

Property taxes have nothing to do with losing your home because of a reverse mortgage.

Forum List

Back