Soak the Almost Rich- grease up the 'fifth quintile', $100k-250k

look, create a bigger pie, the revenues will follow, the rates really don't matter much, its the search for that 18.5% slice of the bigger pie.

21% of X > 18% of X.

Really not that complicated.

You want a balanced budget, or at least closer to it? Nothing's 'Off the table.'

*sigh*

and who said anything was off the table?

Well Boehner and the teatards... I assumed you agreed with them. You seem to be advocating their talking points.

Tax rates for all earners (not just 'The rich,' ALL of them) are recklessly low, as evidenced by the skyrocketing deficits that replaced surpluses as soon as they were lowered.

It's really quite simple math here folks.

:lol: This post made my day it's so funny. :lol:

look, create a bigger pie, the revenues will follow, the rates really don't matter much, its the search for that 18.5% slice of the bigger pie.

21% of X > 18% of X.

You want a balanced budget, or at least closer to it? Nothing's 'Off the table.'

The rational answer is to reduce the 21% of spending by 3 points.

So Cuyo is serious? :lol:

No. Cuyo just believes that anyone who makes more than he does is RICH and should pay more in taxes.

21% of X > 18% of X.

*sigh*

Well Boehner and the teatards... I assumed you agreed with them. You seem to be advocating their talking points.

were did I advocate their talking points, and I find that borderline offense cuyo. I don't whore for anyone.

don't assume, where id I ever say, Defense (I ASSUME thats what you mean?) was off the table? in fact I said otherwise and made the note that they already had given up many items and have taken a hit.

Last edited:
*sigh*

were did I advocate their talking points, and I find that borderline offense cuyo. I don't whore for anyone.

don't assume, where id I ever say, Defense (I ASSUME thats what you mean?) was off the table? in fact I said otherwise and made the note that they already had given up many items and have taken a hit.

Oh no, I meant tax increases can't be off the table. But of course defense can't either, being about half of what POTUS has control over.

No. Cuyo just believes that anyone who makes more than he does is RICH and should pay more in taxes.

Oh I'm sorry, could you point me to where I indicated which income bracket should see tax hikes?

Oh yeah, here...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...the-fifth-quintile-100k-250k.html#post3651878

Thanks for playing.

You're not advocating for a flat or fair tax, bub.

You're just a sad little class warfarer.

Are you sure? Is that what I said?

Get off the 'definition of rich' shit... Seriously, it's so childish.

Then be honest and just say that you want to tax everybody. Well, everybody who makes just a little more than you do.

I did, here...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/econo...the-fifth-quintile-100k-250k.html#post3651878

And I constantly air out my disgust here about people who only want someone else's taxes to go up.
Props (and rep) to you for consistency.

Oh I'm sorry, could you point me to where I indicated which income bracket should see tax hikes?

Oh yeah, here...

Thanks for playing.

You're not advocating for a flat or fair tax, bub.

You're just a sad little class warfarer.

Are you sure? Is that what I said?

You said raise taxes for everyone. You did not say reform taxes with a flat rate for everyone.

Cuyo has a job? :eek:

:lol:

Cuyo employs 4 including himself, and statistically Cuyo probably makes a lot more than you, but it's really not the point here. Cuyo has advocated *ALL* taxes going up. That is, if we are serious about a balanced budget... "Serious" except when it means tax hikes, isn't "Serious."

Oh no, I meant tax increases can't be off the table. But of course defense can't either, being about half of what POTUS has control over.

and did I not say that I would not have an issue with the bush cuts vaporizing IF I felt we could trust them and most importantly we have a balanced budget amendment? dude.........

He's advocating raising taxes on people who already pay 35%+ marginal rates even further.

That is class warfare in a very pure sense. I doubt he is saying that taxes for the working poor should be raised to that level.

and did I not say that I would not have an issue with the bush cuts vaporizing IF I felt we could trust them and most importantly we have a balanced budget amendment? dude.........

My bad.

While I think we should be paying off our debts when times are good (Ahem, Mr. Clinton), I'd be wholly against an amendment. Sometimes borrowing is the right thing to do, whether it's an individual buying a more efficient heating system, a business financing larger operations, or a government financing a war, crisis, investment in infrastructure, etc.

Forum List

Back