So, with Ryan out of the picture and the gop not going to approve a TPM speaker

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Where are we?

Boehner said he'll stay on till there's a new one, I think. So, will he bring up a clean debt ceiling bill, that will pass with dem support despite the 40 or so Freedom Caucus folks crying murder?

Or, can the Freedom Caucus folks force Boehner out and go with no speaker?

Or, might the gop call for a vote on someone who might be elected by a bipartisan vote, with the Freedom caucus folks crying murder?

But really isn't in the dems' interest for the gop to be seen as dysfunctional as they possibly can be seen?

I think there's gonna be another gop manufactured funding crisis just in time for Christmas and the lead into Iowa (which is crazy all by itself) and then onto NH.

I'd guess the dems would welcome a Christmas time govt shutdown.

Where are we?

Boehner said he'll stay on till there's a new one, I think. So, will he bring up a clean debt ceiling bill, that will pass with dem support despite the 40 or so Freedom Caucus folks crying murder?

Or, might the gop call for a vote on someone who might be elected by a bipartisan vote, with the Freedom caucus folks crying murder?

But really isn't in the dems' interest for the gop to be seen as dysfunctional as they possibly can be seen?

I think there's gonna be another gop manufactured funding crisis just in time for Christmas and the lead into Iowa (which is crazy all by itself) and then onto NH.

one more shutdown threat and the GOP candidates are darker shade of toast, as in burnt.

I am curious where this "Ryan is out" meme came from. So a couple guys don't like him, that doesn't mean he's out.

I am curious where this "Ryan is out" meme came from. So a couple guys don't like him, that doesn't mean he's out.

if he does what he says he'll do, he'll never be in

Perhaps I was in haste (-:

But he needs 80% of the freedom caucus to agree to remove the "vacate the chair" option.

For now, the group is sticking with its earlier endorsement of another candidate, Rep. Daniel Webster of Florida, a low-key former speaker of the House in Florida who's focused on "pushing down" on what he calls the "pyramid of power" in the House.

The Freedom Caucus has around 40 members and requires 80 percent agreement to make an endorsement. Several members said that would be a tough order. Several also complained about Ryan's proposal to change the process for a "motion to vacate the chair" — the procedure conservatives were threatening against Boehner.

Fractious House conservatives resist Ryan's call to unify

Ryan's first act of leadership should be to tell the caucus to kiss his ass and come begging to him, not the other way around.

Where are we?

Ryan dropped out?

But he needs 80% of the freedom caucus to agree to remove the "vacate the chair" option.

For now, the group is sticking with its earlier endorsement of another candidate, Rep. Daniel Webster of Florida, a low-key former speaker of the House in Florida who's focused on "pushing down" on what he calls the "pyramid of power" in the House.

The Freedom Caucus has around 40 members and requires 80 percent agreement to make an endorsement. Several members said that would be a tough order. Several also complained about Ryan's proposal to change the process for a "motion to vacate the chair" — the procedure conservatives were threatening against Boehner.

So seriously, you thought one public statement would make him drop out and there's no negotiation? Yeah, that was premature evaluation for sure. Is that a regular problem you have?

Ryan's first act of leadership should be to tell the caucus to kiss his ass and come begging to him, not the other way around.

The opinion of an idiot is always valued.

The tea party's not remotely going to do better than Ryan, they need to work it out with him. I thought we were going to get McDouche, Ryan is way better

So seriously, you thought one public statement would make him drop out and there's no negotiation? Yeah, that was premature evaluation for sure. Is that a regular problem you have?
This is not the first topic in which Ryan has been called toast. This has somehow become the "conventional wisdom" around the forum already.

Much like the infinite number of topics claiming Hillary is toast for the past few years.

This is not the first topic in which Ryan has been called toast. This has somehow become the "conventional wisdom" around the forum already.

Much like the infinite number of topics claiming Hillary is toast for the past few years.

Not sure what your point is, and who are you quoting?

Forum List

Back