So why was America militarily aiding Muslim Afghanistan against the Soviet Union if Muslims do...

Title: So why was America militarily aiding Muslim Afghanistan against the Soviet Union if Muslims do what they do?...
It's so easy to forget the Islamists (Mujahideen) we once befriended and aided in their conflict with Russia are now known as Al Qaeda or ISIS and are shooting at our helicopters with Stinger missiles we gave to them.

We used the Mujahdieen to attack what we considered a bigger threat at the time. It was during the Cold War

:) You didn't answer the question. It was:

If bin Laden "bin Laden's" Russia, then bin Laden is OK?...

Bin Laden was not OK, the US used him to fight the Soviets, later he paid the price for attacking the US. This is common knowledge and I don't see where you are trying to go with it. Throughout history it's happened....and will in the future, such is the nature of war and politics

Bin Laden was not OK, the US used him to fight the Soviets, later he paid the price for attacking the US. This is common knowledge and I don't see where you are trying to go with it. Throughout history it's happened....and will in the future, such is the nature of war and politics

The point is, you said "bin Laden is my friend." I find that to be a sick and disgusting statement and I just wanted to check to see if I understood you correctly...so you are saying that ISIS Christian-killers and religious terrorists are your friends, too because they oppose Assad while they kill and behead Christians over religion, correct?

-

Last edited:
RE: SassyIrishLass

Post #11 has been edited for better articulation...

-

Last edited:
Title: So why was America militarily aiding Muslim Afghanistan against the Soviet Union if Muslims do what they do?...
It's so easy to forget the Islamists (Mujahideen) we once befriended and aided in their conflict with Russia are now known as Al Qaeda or ISIS and are shooting at our helicopters with Stinger missiles we gave to them.

It's like saying Thomas Jefferson is now Saul Alinsky and Barack Obama

Soviet–Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia-
The enemy of my enemy is my friend

So if bin Laden "bin Laden's" Russia, bin Laden is OK (as you "a friend")...?

We used the Mujahdieen to attack what we considered a bigger threat at the time. It was during the Cold War

Precisely! The USSR had nukes aimed at the US and we were willing to aid anyone that would assist us in degrading their military.

The Stinger missiles battery has a shelf life of 4-5 years and cannot be fired without a new one. The explosives in the Stingers were more than likely used to make IED's. The surface to air missiles that have been fired at US helicopters were identified as MANPADS. They were most likely obtained from Pakistan for free since they supported al queda. Pakstan advertised the MANPADS for sale at one time.

[Precisely! The USSR had nukes aimed at the US and we were willing to aid anyone that would assist us in degrading their military.

So today, you are willing to "aid" I.S.I.S. against Assad if he is opposed to Israel, as I.S.I.S. commits religious terrorism, correct?

Why not just fight the Soviets yourself if they "are aiming at you?"...were you too damned cowardly LOLOLOLOL?

-

The Stinger missiles battery has a shelf life of 4-5 years and cannot be fired without a new one. That surface to air missiles that have been fired at US helicopters were identified as MANPADS. They were most likely obtained from Pakistan for free since they supported al queda. Pakstan advertised the MANPADS for sale at one time.
Thank you for the correction. Much appreciated.

[Precisely! The USSR had nukes aimed at the US and we were willing to aid anyone that would assist us in degrading their military.

So today, you are willing to "aid" I.S.I.S. against Assad if he is opposed to Israel, as I.S.I.S. commits religious terrorism, correct?

Why not just fight the Soviets yourself if they "are aiming at you?"...were you too damned cowardly LOLOLOL-

Why not just fight the Soviets yourself if they "are aiming at you?"...were you too damned cowardly LOLOLOLOL?

What the fuck are you rambling on about? A nuclear exchange would have resulted in the demise of mankind. Even a dumbass like you should know that.

Precisely! The USSR had nukes aimed at the US and we were willing to aid anyone that would assist us in degrading their military.
Assuming we had nukes aimed at the USSR, as well, why did we behave so provocatively against the USSR in Afghanistan?

That is not smart-ass sarcasm. I'm asking because I don't know. I've never understood why we didn't just mind our own business in Afghanistan.

Forum List

Back