So…what happens with Trump University

Yawn. The guy hasn't even taken office yet and look at how these radical leftists are behaving. Love it!

Have any of you actually read the case on Trump U? I doubt it - Cohen v Trump - Documents

I highly doubt that they're going to win. First off the plaintiff in the case can't remember the instructor who supposedly told him all the accusations, couldn't remember the content of the advertising or emails he received, but he maintains that he had the impression that Mr. Trump would personally /teach/ him the course lessons. Oh did I mention the guy took the course in 2005, then didn't file a complaint until 2013? Oh and they have correspondence from the plaintiff after he'd taken the course expressing that he was very happy with the course?

ATM the case is stuck in its "class action suit" matters - debating on if the course propaganda actually implied that Mr. Trump would /physically/ be at the classes or not. As well as debating if Trump U advertising saying "personally hand picked instructors" implies that Trump himself chose them - which is debatable, Trump says he looked at resume's for instructors and approved them but didn't actually meet them. The plaintiff argues that Trump had an obligation to meet them in person before selecting them.

My legaleeze isn't perfect, but my overall impression is that they are going to be hard pressed to show that Trump /intentionally/ portrayed that he would physically be in attendance at the classes, and I'm not even sure they can fly that Trump maliciously portrayed that he was personally physically selecting the instructors --- much less the folks who pitched the presentations (which was the main body of the plaintiff's original case.)

Forum List

Back