So…what happens with Trump University

Surely, the new President isn’t going to be deposed as a witness…is he?

Why not?....he isn't a king. The case should go forward and he should have to testify. If he tries to use the office of President to manipulate the outcome he should be impeached and removed from office.

Why not?....he isn't a king. The case should go forward and he should have to testify. If he tries to use the office of President to manipulate the outcome he should be impeached and removed from office.

I think it’s a slippery slope but thanks for the answer.

Why is it a slippery slope.....if the democrats start using legal warfare against Republicans then we can address it.....but again, the President is not a king......you guys let clinton off instead of removing him from office and that only encouraged the rapist and his wife upping their criminal game......the only way to hold politicians accountable is to hold them accountable.....

He also isn't a President when the case comes up, which is later this month.

It means a lot of things, but one thing it means is --- we'd better all study up on Mike Pence.

Why would it be a "slippery slope"?
ScratchHead_zpsk4apzczx.gif

I don't follow that either.

Once he is indicted and convicted of various crimes in various cases pending will the Republicons remove That Piece Of Shit from office? They won't, they will embrace a convicted felon as their own. They are the new mafia.

Why is it a slippery slope.....if the democrats start using legal warfare against Republicans then we can address it.....but again, the President is not a king......you guys let clinton off instead of removing him from office and that only encouraged the rapist and his wife upping their criminal game......the only way to hold politicians accountable is to hold them accountable.....

Well, I’m not sure who “you guys” are since I’m an independent and he was impeached….by republicans in the House as I recall.

Whatever.

My question is apolitical; it’s about the office of the President going forward. We’re what, 10 years out from the big hullabaloo about the NSC advisor testifying in front of Congress??? If President Trump is called into a Federal District Court, what is to keep Congress from issuing a subpoena to talk about wrongful deaths of servicemen and the like?

Not that it would have any standing…but the optics of the President having to testify before Congress… Not sure how that goes. If he refuses a Congressional Subpoena… he’s charged with contempt of Congress which is a criminal offense.

Once he is indicted and convicted of various crimes in various cases pending will the Republicons remove That Piece Of Shit from office? They won't, they will embrace a convicted felon as their own. They are the new mafia.
You poor thing! Is your vaggie sore today?

He also isn't a President when the case comes up, which is later this month.

It means a lot of things, but one thing it means is --- we'd better all study up on Mike Pence.

Good point.

If President Trump is called into a Federal District Court, what is to keep Congress from issuing a subpoena to talk about wrongful deaths of servicemen and the like?

Reeeally don't see how you're making this connection.

Rump is involved in a fraud suit, as a private citizen. A suit that already exists and is years old.
That's got nothing to do with Congress.

The lawsuit was filed by NYAG who is a friend of Hillary Clinton to put pressure on Trump. Who knows what will happen to the lawsuit now that hillys interests aren't a concern.

If President Trump is called into a Federal District Court, what is to keep Congress from issuing a subpoena to talk about wrongful deaths of servicemen and the like?

Rump is involved in a fraud suit, as a private citizen. A suit that already exists and is years old.
A civil suit at that. What connection this civil suit has to do with dead servicemen is a bit murky. I know that Congressional subpoenas will not issue in civil suits.

Well, you sort of gave me information I wasn’t considering—this is pre existing.

While you’re right, it has nothing to do with Congress; what if the suit was filed in February of next year? Would the Federal District Court be able to subpoena a sitting President to testify?

The lawsuit was filed by NYAG who is a friend of Hillary Clinton to put pressure on Trump. Who knows what will happen to the lawsuit now that hillys interests aren't a concern.

That particular suit -- one of several -- was filed in 2013 Dora the Explorer. Two years before Rump announced that Mexicans are rapists.

And it's not his only court entanglement:

>> There's also a New York state investigation into the Trump Foundation that ordered the charitable organization to stop raising money in the state after it failed to properly register.

Another federal investigation involves one of Trump's closest aides, Paul Manafort, and his foreign business ties to Russia.

While you’re right, it has nothing to do with Congress; what if the suit was filed in February of next year? Would the Federal District Court be able to subpoena a sitting President to testify?

.... The Supreme Court ruled in 1997 that presidents aren’t immune from litigation over actions that occurred before taking office — the ruling was in response Trump’s former political rival’s husband, former President Bill Clinton, when Paula Jones sued for sexual harassment by to Paula Jones’s sexual harassment suit against former President Bill Clinton. << (link to both)​

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

Well, you sort of gave me information I wasn’t considering—this is pre existing.

Say wassup with the avatar? Did you lose a bet?

Yeah about 900 of them! TNHarley takes over on 1/20/2017 and picks my avatar for a whole year ending 1/20/2018. He promised to make it “tasteful”. I can’t wait to see what it is.

I will say this though…not sure what I expected 4 years ago but it was disappointing that every one I bet with welched. In some ways it’s more enjoyable being the loser… Can’t explain it but it seems to be the case.

Yeah about 900 of them! TNHarley takes over on 1/20/2017 and picks my avatar for a whole year ending 1/20/2018. He promised to make it “tasteful”. I can’t wait to see what it is.

I will say this though…not sure what I expected 4 years ago but it was disappointing that every one I bet with welched. In some ways it’s more enjoyable being the loser… Can’t explain it but it seems to be the case.

No doubt because by holding your end of the deal you maintain integrity.

Anyone who skips out on a bet agreement has a serious integrity..... what is the word........... Liability.

Well that essplains it. I was hoping to retire the image in my sigline and go to something else but it just took on new relevance.

No doubt because by holding your end of the deal you maintain integrity.

Anyone who skips out on a bet agreement has a serious integrity..... what is the word........... Liability.

Well that essplains it. I was hoping to retire the image in my sigline and go to something else but it just took on new relevance.

Nice play on words. For the newbies out there…ask a veteran about Liability….one of the greatest paradoxical figures to ever grace the bandwidth of USMB.

Forum List

Back